Little Girls in the Mens Room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don' think this has anything to do with being capable of going to the bathroom alone. ANd I don't think it even has to do so much with it being WDW. But I think it's more about public restrooms as a whole. The sotries you hear about kids being approached in McDonalds etc. produce a fear. Perhaps an unfounded fear but one nonetheless. I never want my child to be propositioned in a restroom. The chance is small but the chance is there. The younger they are, the less likely they are to be able to get away. Even a 2 sec. proposition is abuse when a child is involved.

Plus, when you hear about tapping of feet, hands waving under stalls in airport bathrooms meaning, sex is awaiting anyone over there, I don't want any toe tapping when my son is doing his business. The person tapping may not know it's a child in the stall. It's just disgusting.

The other option is take your 10 year old boy into YOUR stall with you. When one no longer wants to be in the stall with their son, their son should be in the appropriate sex bathroom.

What I do with my boys is have them right next to me in a stall and they have to stay in there until I tap on the door or tell them they can come out.

I didn't think this is so much about the little girls having to go, I think most dads can deal with sending them in a potty, and waiting outside the door for them.

This is about when dad REALLY has to go.
I'm sorry, but like I said, I would never, ever, ever expect a dad to leave his little girl standing by herself outside a mens room for lord knows what to happen. (and it does happen)

That being said, I'm sure a CM would be happy to entertain a child for 2 minutes.

A CM cannot spend 2 minutes after 2 minutes after 2 minutes, eventually their entire shift babysitting children while their parents are in the bathroom.

I figure it's an age thing(maturity). I also wouldn't want my DD to be exposed to urinals. "Mommy what's that man doing" comes to mind. If they were behing closed doors like the womans I'd have no issues.

Maybe I am reading this wrong, I assume your talking about why the men/boys are standing at a urinal against the wall?...but my answer to my daughter would be "He's going pee-pee" (she's two so pardon the terminology ;) ). My daughter at 2 understands that boys stand up and girls sit down to use the potty. Why is this such a scary question?

What I do with my boys is have them right next to me in a stall and they have to stay in there until I tap on the door or tell them they can come out.

So, you have your boys occupy a stall (not using it) while there is a line of women actually waiting to use the facilities?

That being said, I'm sure a CM would be happy to entertain a child for 2 minutes.

A CM cannot spend 2 minutes after 2 minutes after 2 minutes, eventually their entire shift babysitting children while their parents are in the bathroom.

Nevermind 2 minutes...a CM cannot spend ANY time watching your child. That is not their job or responsibility (obviously excluding a lost child).

I think I like the idea that if you aren't comfortable having your child in the stall with you while in the restroom, then they shouldn't be in there at all.

I'm sure that 10 year old girls in the ladies room aren't too keen on 10 year old boys in there too.

Well, I guess that gives good reason to argue that dad needs to bring her in the mens room with him if he has to go.
Whats a man by himself supposed to do with is daughter, pee in a bush?

http://www.cnn.com/US/9811/16/boy.killed.02/index.html

Unfortunatley this boy will never be able to call his parents and say the same thing.

Yup, and the 13yo girl that walked to school in a neighboring district will never be able to walk to school again without feeling scared...(she was grabbed on her way to school 2 months ago and was brutally attacked- they just caught the attacker)...her walk was 3 blocks and she was in 7th grade...

YES, it happens....TODAY I could be driving home from work and die in a car crash...a 20yo could be in a store at the local mall with friends and be murdered by a crazy gunman...

My point is, at what age do you just let your kids grow up? Should a 9yo boy not be allowed to go to the bathroom without his mom at DW?? I agree that protecting kids is a very good reason...but is a 9yo boy in a women's bathroom too overprotective? How bout a 11yo girl in a mens bathroom...at 11, I looked like many adults...?? At what age do parents start to realize that their kids can't be protected from everything??

So, you have your boys occupy a stall (not using it) while there is a line of women actually waiting to use the facilities?

99% of the time that I take my boys into a public restroom it is so THEY can go to the bathroom, and then I try to go too. I have 3 boys and they all share a stall. I think that is perfectly accpetable. I have very rarely had to take my boys to the restroom where there is a long line. The safety of my boys is just as important as the people wating to go to the bathroom.

99% if the time that I take my boys into a public restroom it is so THEY can go to the bathroom, and then I try to go too. I have 3 boys and they all share a stall. I think that is perfectly accpetable. I have very rarely had to take my boys to the restroom where there is a long line. The safety of my boys is just as important as the people wating to go to the bathroom.

Just as a question, not flame throwing...you have a 9yo son...at what age do you think you will start letting him go alone to the mens bathroom and just taking your 2 younger ones to the women's with you?

Just as a question, not flame throwing...you have a 9yo son...at what age do you think you will start letting him go alone to the mens bathroom and just taking your 2 younger ones to the women's with you?

He has gone a few times here and there, it comes down to if I feel uncomfortable he goes with me.

Disney does have Companion Restrooms available.

I wouldn't use these as I assumed these were for those who were in wheelchairs needing assistance from their companions to use the restroom. I wouldn't want someone in a wheelchair to wait for my kids to pee.

http://www.cnn.com/US/9811/16/boy.killed.02/index.html

Unfortunatley this boy will never be able to call his parents and say the same thing.

You had to search back to 1998 to find that. One can't protect one's children from every possible issue. They would be locked up in their rooms wrapped in bubble wrap, which also could kill them. What child wants to live that way. We were made to reach for independence and autonomy.

You had to search back to 1998 to find that. One can't protect one's children from every possible issue. They would be locked up in their rooms wrapped in bubble wrap, which also could kill them. What child wants to live that way. We were made to reach for independence and autonomy.

For that story yes. Just google other possible scenarios and you will find tons more. I am not arguing that WDW bathrooms are dangerous. For the most part I think WDW bathrooms are probably just fine as people are trying to get in and out fast and on their way to an attraction. Most of WDW restrooms are busy and therefore not a good place for someone to do anything to a child. I am talking restrooms in general and what my dh and myself are comfortable with.

My son would be embarassed beyond belief if I made him go into the bathroom with me. Depending on where we are I will make use of family bathrooms, especially in places like the airport, but other than that I let him go to the bathroom by himself.
Yes, bad things can happen, but I like to educate him about the dangers and how to act or react in lots of different situations. I want him to be aware of what is out there, but never paranoid.
But the bottom line is, I guess everyone has to make those calls based on their individual situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter