List your WDW canceled rooms here for continued resort closure news/updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are scheduled with the free dining promotion from our original trip being affected. I'm curious to see if, and when, they come out with another offer for our June trip if/when it is cancelled.

I think this is the only reason I’m holding on to my 6/7-6/11 reservation.

I think this is what happened as well. There was no real health guidance when this promo was first offered and I don't think anyone really foresaw that re-opening was going to need to happen in lowered-capacity, incremental stages. By incentivizing March, April and May guests to re-book for summer 2020, they essentially attempted to increase attendance and resort stays over the summer months which turned out to be the opposite of what they needed to do given re-opening criteria. My prediction is, we won't see any additional discounts offered in 2020. I would hope that, once things stabilize and Disney feels they can go back to something approaching normal (maybe sometime in 2021?) they will release a special promo for guests whose trips were impacted by the closure to try to entice them to come back at that point.

Very true. Very little was known back in march/april (and still not a lot known now in many areas). But where we sit todays companies are going to be cautious right now. As an example. marathon weekend registration for Jan 2021 opened yesturday and it is very very clear that the number of race slots that went on sale yesturday was drastically lower than normal and obviously part of that is that if things improve they can always add slots in a few months but it is clear rundisney took an overly cautious approach to initial registrations for a race in january and I think we are going to see a lot of that.

This was announced by Disney on DTA on March 15 and has not yet been retracted nor updated:

"Effective March 15, 2020, until further notice, we’re making a temporary adjustment to our final payment policy for Walt Disney World and Disneyland Resort packages booked through Walt Disney Travel Company. For existing bookings, final payment to WDTC will now be due 7 days prior to Guest arrival."
Ahh.. for some reason I thought that was only on bookings through 6/30.

Ahh.. for some reason I thought that was only on bookings through 6/30.
Me too, but this makes it sound like it is ongoing until more is known about opening. This makes me feel a little better about paying for my July trip. I can have a bit more time to decide if we still want to go with new restrictions in place IF they are open.

I received that same email!! Some Disney Parks Blog sent from Disney Destinations..... Meet the Disney cast members and the recipe for Tonga Toast?!!

Don't they know that the only way I want my Tonga Toast is on a plate at Kona Cafe, with a side of bacon, and served to me on the morning of June 9th!!!!;)

I received that same email!! Some Disney Parks Blog sent from Disney Destinations..... Meet the Disney cast members and the recipe for Tonga Toast?!!

Don't they know that the only way I want my Tonga Toast is on a plate at Kona Cafe, with a side of bacon, and served to me on the morning of June 9th!!!!;)
My dd made me tonga toast using that recipe on Sunday. Have to say it's accurate, it eas really good

I have been trying for a couple of weeks to order Magic Bands for a June29-July 3 trip. Just logged on and was able to choose from the basic colors. I tried yesterday and had no luck.

Interesting! I just tried after seeing your post. Yesterday I was definitely not able to order MagicBands seeing a message that said that they were not currently accepting MagicBand orders for existing reservations.......today I am still not able to order them but that message is gone and instead I see:

MagicBand Order for 2 Guests:
New! You can now choose from complimentary or special pre-order prices on premium MagicBands. Order up to 11 days before your expected arrival date to have your MagicBands shipped to your home. Special pricing is valid online only.

And the days left to order changed from 2 to 26? But - there is no where I can click to actually go in and select which colors I want. The only thing I can click into are existing MagicBands to activate/deactivate and the "why" tag as to why I only have 26 days left to order......were you actually able to go in and select colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter