Line cutters

I'm always that one who tells them that there's a line, and it's back there. If you didn't pass me going out of the line with your little one to go to the rest room, then don't think that you can go past me with a little one using the fake excuse that the little one had to go and you're just catching up. Unless the bathroom was in Nebraska, the answer is no, and yes, that does make me the line police.

I'm always that one who tells them that there's a line, and it's back there. If you didn't pass me going out of the line with your little one to go to the rest room, then don't think that you can go past me with a little one using the fake excuse that the little one had to go and you're just catching up. Unless the bathroom was in Nebraska, the answer is no, and yes, that does make me the line police.

Having visited with little ones - typically one parent joins the line with the rest of the kids while the other parent heads off to the restroom and may want to join their family. That way they avoid inconveniencing people twice, by going out of the line, then back joining their family. I know, I know, "Just have the whole family join the line when they're done!" Whatever. In general, I find this to be such a rare experience and with so little impact on my actual wait to get on the ride (or wherever) that I choose not to worry about it.

As I've gotten older, I've relaxed a ton on this and tend to give people the benefit of the doubt. I try to consider what the actual impact on my wait time is for the rare time that this happens. In reality - Disney is loading 20 - 40 people on a ride at a time. Or they are the continuous loaders like Haunted Mansion or Under the Sea. The odds that two people joining their family actually makes you get on a different ride vehicle are pretty slim. Or you might be pushed to the next Doom Buggy at worst.

Now I get more irritated with people who so viciously defend their spot in line that can't even allow an open space to let traffic flow more smoothly. I'm talking about the inevitable "have to be the last one through the light" even though traffic across the intersection is at a stand still and you're going to be parked in front of cross traffic that now has a green light. Or where someone has to cross a traffic lane to make their left, but people going straight won't let them through. Now traffic behind is blocked up, when a 15 foot gap would unclog the whole thing.

I just got back and a man went off on me for "cutting the line." The funny thing is, I wasn't a "line cutter." I have a medical problem that isn't visible and had to leave the line (that was 90 min.) due to my medical problem. Walking back to my family a man started to yell at me about being rude, cutting in line and wouldn't let me pass. I went back to the CM at the front of the ride and talked to him. He walked me back to my family and apologized for the man's behavior and said that should not have happened. So, before you get angry, upset or any other emotion and say something..... just think..... and don't make assumptions.

In the case where you have to leave a line and rejoin your family, you are welcome to, and shouldn't get yelled at, in the case where a little needs to go before getting in line, then the family waits until the little has gone and gets in line. Getting in line and then wanting to catch up after the little has gone is, in fact, cutting the line, and isn't the same thing at all. Typically, parents don't have one group join the line and another go to the bathroom then cut the rest of the line, they all join the line together.

As for traffic, those guys are the ones who cause gridlock, and they get tickets!

I am pretty relaxed about one person catching up to another or the kid that had to leave the line to go to the bathroom, however we did get "cut" in line for a bus at MK by 25+ of a South American tour group, you know the ones I speak of. It was the worst bus experience we have had, caused many people not to get on the bus, they were rude. I have seen them attempt this at EE as well, was close to an angry mob scene.

In the case where you have to leave a line and rejoin your family, you are welcome to, and shouldn't get yelled at, in the case where a little needs to go before getting in line, then the family waits until the little has gone and gets in line. Getting in line and then wanting to catch up after the little has gone is, in fact, cutting the line, and isn't the same thing at all. Typically, parents don't have one group join the line and another go to the bathroom then cut the rest of the line, they all join the line together.

As for traffic, those guys are the ones who cause gridlock, and they get tickets!

How do you know if they left the line or their family went ahead of them? I'll answer, you don't know. A lot of people do not pay attention when they are waiting for a ride. I left via the FP line so I wouldn't have to fight my way down and I seriously doubt a large number of people paid attention to my actions. Anyway, the CM told me even if my family went in line before me and I joined them later, it was not cutting in line.

The biggest issue I have ever had....
Disney inline for The frog princess. My husband and youngest got in line first,then my other 2 children and I. One of the largest tour groups I've ever seen got in line behind me. Someone from his group cut me and the 2 kids. I swear 20!people followed suit.
I knew the leader spoke English. After informing him and him doing nothing. I called them a few "colorful" things in Spanish and cut the line. Luckily we walked right into the event.
So rude!

For me it's pretty simple. If you were never in line to being with, then joining your group later is in fact line cutting.

I don't disagree with the definition. It just doesn't bother me. Hasn't happened enough where I worry if people want to be with their group. I like being with my family, and I'm happy to support other people being with theirs. Like I said before - one or two people just doesn't move the queue enough to impact my wait time or ride experience to waste energy getting bothered by it. I know - if everyone did it.... However, by my experience, it seldom happens.

Regarding the tour group stuff listed above, that would annoy me. One or two people joining a group, fine. A group joining one or two people, not cool.

Why is it so difficult for some families to take care of bathroom needs and then get on line all at the same time? Of course, if you do this and your toddler suddenly has to go again, most people won't consider it cutting if you leave the line you are already on and then return promptly. If you were never on the line in the first place, it is cutting and rude, even if the rest of your family got on line earlier. One person cutting doesn't make a lot of difference but humans often get into that herd mentality so when they see one person doing something they want to do the same. Those obnoxious and large groups mentioned by others that do this are a prime example. My family once had to wait for the next Mermaid show because two people cut in front of us to join their family (bragging how much they liked the ride they were just on). How was that fair?

Why is it so difficult for some families to take care of bathroom needs and then get on line all at the same time? Of course, if you do this and your toddler suddenly has to go again, most people won't consider it cutting if you leave the line you are already on and then return promptly. If you were never on the line in the first place, it is cutting and rude, even if the rest of your family got on line earlier. One person cutting doesn't make a lot of difference but humans often get into that herd mentality so when they see one person doing something they want to do the same. Those obnoxious and large groups mentioned by others that do this are a prime example. My family once had to wait for the next Mermaid show because two people cut in front of us to join their family (bragging how much they liked the ride they were just on). How was that fair?
seriously. With two small kids, one with special needs, we have always managed to do this. So the only people inconvenienced is my family as we wait for each other. Common courtesy.

I've seen it happen with a mum taking a little one out after getting in a longer line. The mum was very sorry, the kid looked about 3 maybe 4. The family had gone but little kids drinking more in hot weather have to go more than they are used to and don't always "empty" when the go. They pee a little bit to appease us and then 15mins and another big drink later it's "I have to GO NOW MUMMY!!!" I don't mind letting them back in. A little kid in diapers that moved ahead of our family and another, and then the Grandfather moved up to get him but didn't bring him back, but instead tried to have the rest of the family join them ahead, one person at a time. We and the other family they had cut ahead weren't going to let them do it.

The basic line cutting annoys me. If possible I don't let them pass if it's obvious they are line cutting. (Medical issues, kids needing to use rest room don't annoy me by the way.)

I did have a group of teens try and cut in line at TSMM to join up with their friends. I wouldn't let them pass and got to hear them swearing at me as we moved through the line. I told them to knock it off, there are little kids in line. They didn't stop until a Dad of one of the little kids told them if he heard one more swear word from them he was going to toss them out of line - the guy was built like a linebacker so I think he scared them. They were quiet after that.

At Voyage of the little Mermaid ride, there was a lady a few people back behind me who was mad she had to go through the line and wait - she was in a wheelchair and felt she should have been able to use the Fp+ line. I kept hearing her say excuse me, excuse me trying to cut in line but reached the point where no one would let her go further. Someone even told her she had to wait like the rest of us but she was mad about it.

I must say though as many times as I've gone, I haven't encountered people line cutting alot.

It's not a big deal to me, especially when it's only 1 or 2 people joining their group in line. I don't care if it's for a bathroom break, a fast pass run, getting food, whatever, it just doesn't bother me. I can't say the same about the opposite though. I find 1 or 2 people running / power walking ahead to beat the crowd and then the majority of the group pushing their way through the line to join them annoying. In my experience that's a pretty common occurrence at opening. The other day what started out as 2 people directly in front of us on TSMM ended up being 9 people. Yes, all 9 spent most of the time in line together because they all arrived within about 10 minutes, but would it have killed them to wait until their entire group was together, or at least the majority of their group, before getting in line? I think 7 people joining 2 people in line is rude, no matter the reason.

I am probably jinxing myself...but this has never happened to me.
If it was a mum or father with their wee ones, I do not have a problem; definitely would not have a problem with an individual with a medical condition. The tour group (cutting) would irritate me.:earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter