limo in Rome tours

That's not good.

Well, we don't have to pay anything until after the tour but we do have to pay in cash. So hopefully that's incentive enough for them to turn up.

I think you'll be fine, as long as you aren't paying up front...or in advance with a credit card or whatever.

Thought I'd give a quick update.

I started to email the companies listed in this thread. It wouldnt' hurt right!?!?
When I contacted Stefano from stefanorometours/romecab, this is part of his email (with regard to Naples as I asked if he provided tours from there as well)

"I suggest you contact,quoting my name,my friend Duman at:
info@romeinlimo.com
He is a gentleman that provides top quality service."

This made me feel better as I have to admit some doubt did start to creep in despite my friend's reassurance.

Thought I'd give a quick update.

I started to email the companies listed in this thread. It wouldnt' hurt right!?!?
When I contacted Stefano from stefanorometours/romecab, this is part of his email (with regard to Naples as I asked if he provided tours from there as well)

"I suggest you contact,quoting my name,my friend Duman at:
info@romeinlimo.com
He is a gentleman that provides top quality service."

This made me feel better as I have to admit some doubt did start to creep in despite my friend's reassurance.

Well...that's a surprise...but great! I'm happy for you!! (honest!)

I booked Marcello/partner with SeeSorrentoTours...very nice, they accept NO money before the trip...only after they return you to ship..that is kind of encouraging...but he is a small company and doesn't have a lot of drivers, just him and maybe 2-3 others.

I rely on TripAdvisor and CruiseCritic for reviews...I read a lot about Marcello and a few others, never ready any negatives on the ones I considered...the larger groups are who I read complaints about, but I'm sure you have drivers come and go with big companies...

Wishing you the best!!
Tara

Oh! Samantha Brown had a show on last night (from 2005 maybe) but it was her first cruise ever and it was the Mediterranean, it was just nice to see how she walked around (granted she had a crew) but I paid attention to all the people around her to get an idea of how she carried her purse/their belongings/what surprised me the most was how narrow some of those streets were in these cities! :) About 5 of the ones she visited are the same ones on Disney's list! :)

We have heard positives of Limoinrome. Just a question... is Claudio the only driver? We have only heard his name when mentioned. If he is the only driver, I imagine we would need to prebook way in advance, right? If he is not, is he the most recommended driver/guide to go with?
Thanks!

We have heard positives of Limoinrome. Just a question... is Claudio the only driver? We have only heard his name when mentioned. If he is the only driver, I imagine we would need to prebook way in advance, right? If he is not, is he the most recommended driver/guide to go with?
Thanks!

It does not appear that he is the only driver, but he is thw owner and has handled all of the email correspondance. I think I have seen Andrew recomend Claudio or Febrizio. I have also read otehr good reviews of Claudia. I did go ahead and book with limoinrome but I did not request anyone specific; I am going to count on the company living up to its reputation and geving us a good driver and one who perhaps fits our personalities well (one who dies well with teens/tweens perhaps, etc.).

I see that one person on these boards (hi Andrew:goodvibes) highly recomends limoinrome for private tours in Rome. I did check out the website and email Claudio and it sounds like exactly what we want. However, I would feel better if I heard from more than one person who had used this company and was happy with it. So, if you have used them (perhaps in 2007 or perhaps from a different cruise line) would you please post your impressions and experiences here?

I also have a couple of related questions:
1. What is an appropriate tip for a day long tour? I have no idea how tipping is generally handled in Italy. We will also have a 2 1/2 hour Vatican tour. How much would an appropriate tip for that be also?

2. Can we offer to get our guide's lunch and have him/her join us? Or is that their "break" time, etc. I don't want to put anyone in an uncomfortable position by offering--but I would like to if it would not do so.

3. Payment has to be by cash or traveller's check and AT THE END the tour. I do not really want to carry several hundred Euros in cash aournd Rome all day. Do you think it would be okay to leave it in the safe on the ship and have one member of our group run on board to get it and bring it back out to the driver, OR to ask the driver to stop at an ATM near port so that we do not have to carry it all day?

Thanks

We used Claudio's company in 2007. Our driver was Pepe and he was excellent. You can read the details of what we did in our blog linked below.

As to your questions: 1) Wow...tipping in Europe...you ask a dozen people and get a dozen answers. As I recall, our group ended up tipping Pepe a bit over 10% of the tour. We too had the Vatican tour and I want to say we tipped Robert about 20 Euro.

2) Pepe actually dropped us off at the place where he suggested we eat. Parking is at a premium so he told us when he'd be back to pick us up and where.

3) We got Euros at an ATM by the Pantheon and didn't feel uncomfortable about carrying them around. Of course you've got to be smart about it...no wallets easily lifted. I had one of the around-the-waist thin money carriers. I would NOT ask the driver to wait while someone went back on the ship to retrieve money. There's a lot of traffic and I could see that being a problem for the driver.

Also, this time we went with Rudy's Tours after reading the rave reviews he gets on Tripadvisor for his Rome tours. He also discounted our tours in LaSpezia and Naples.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!