Lillian & Dennis's Vow Renewal 4/15/12...PRO PICS 8.10.12

LWatson

I Still Do!!!!
OMG I can not believe I get to post in here!!!!! (CHANGES MADE MORE POSTS DOWN...MOVED TO SHADES OF GREEN)

I guess I could start out with a little bit about the 2 of us. I'm Lillian (27). I'm a Pure Romance Consultant, Mom to 2 boys, and a Military Wife. Dennis (30) is military and currently deployed.

July 11, 2003 we got married in a so not us wedding. My mom chose the date and told us when we were doing it because my sister was out of band camp early that day. Our actual date we chose was the 5th, so Dennis had to extend his leave to accomidate my sisters schedule. My mom also chose the flowers, place, food, cake, colors, and on down to my dress. She had me re-wear my prom dress because it was white. Yeah I didnt have any say on anything...except music..but I was told to keep it classical. So, yeah it was not us, but it was our day so we made the best of it.

Over the years we have survived deployments (currently on our 5th), TDYs, loss of a pregnancy (that tore both of us up), fighting over the way my family treats me, being broke and unable to get good medical care for our son for about 6months one year while he was between the AF and the Army...I mean its been a lot. My family gave us 5months to be married...and here we are after all of that and we are renewing those vows we made to be with each other in Good Times and Bad, Want and Plenty, etc...we have done almost all of them.

Last month Dennis and I were skyping and he goes "Will you marry me again?" We had often discussed a vow renewal in 2013 or in vegas for just fun, so I thought he was doing that again. I told him only if he proposes the right way this time (original way was over the phone). He was like "Okay I will. I will figure something out and do it sometime over R&R." OMG HE WAS SERIOUS!!!! I was shocked. I got so excited.

I started talking with him over what we wanted. We were talking backyard kind of thing with cowboy boots, pink dress, bbq, etc. Well, the cost was getting way up there, but we were ok with it. His mom was soooo excited about it all too. She has been with me every step of the planning process. My parents on the other hand werent. My Mom when we told her about July was like "Well, dont count us there we dont know what we are doing yet." My Dad goes "That is just stupid. What if one of you change your mind"....WTH we are already married if we wanted to change our minds we wouldnt be married. UGH. SO, it was beginning to make me very angry planning all of this and my parents just keep judging. SO, about a week ago while my husband was unreachable I started dreaming about a Disney wedding. I knew the Memories Package was being offered till 2012 some time so I went to check. It was being offered during our trip. So, last night I got up the courage to tell him about it. I told him what was included and the price. He goes "how much is it costing us back home" and I told him. Then he was like "how would you feel about your parents not being there?" I told him I honestly wouldnt be hurt because they dont seem to care at all about it. They look down at it. He then goes "Well, lets do it at Disney. Its been a dream of yours for a while, and its our favorite vacation spot." (it was an option for us for 2013) After a year of heck being apart this will be soooo nice. A lot has happened while he was gone and it has just brought us closer and closer. This will be a great way to celebrate our love for each other.

So, yesterday our Travel Agent called and talked to the Disney Wedding people and we are scheduling for 3pm on April 15th. Its our arrival day, so we will be a bit rushed to get there and get dressed and stuff, but its ok. We are wanting the beach at Poly. DH and I discussed it too and we are going w/ Khaki shorts and white polo for him, and a white sundress for me...BAREFOOT!!!!! OMG YAY!!!! The rest we havent quite decided on, but who knows what will come of it. I'm just excited to be able to do this. We told my MIL yesterday (well, I did) and she is SOOOOO excited. She was like "Oh this will be so cool and fun. Talk about making a memorable trip for us." (MIL, FIL, SIL, and Nephew have never been). We are getting a sitter for the kids for the room, so we will have it nice and quiet out there and not my 2 running all over (adhd and ODD). I'm soooooooooo happy. YAY!!!

Okay, so here are some pics of us
dennislill.jpg

That was us on our last Disney Trip back in Jan 2011. We try to have fun a lot. The kids were actually going "Daddy tickle mommy tickle her" on the side they thought it was funny. BTW I have since lost 30lbs so YAY!!!! I only now have 5.5m to get even smaller...LOL

Disney182.jpg

At DHS during Christmas....aaaah the lights

here we are on our wedding day
MVC-0021.jpg

Here are our 2 kids
315856_295150377179825_149773785050819_1223251_554800594_n.jpg

Here is my MIL & FIL
303067_295150297179833_149773785050819_1223249_1087943609_n.jpg

I dont have pics yet of my SIL and Nephew together, but they will be celebrating w/ us too.

We are scheduled to stay at the POP!!!!! WOOHOO. We love that place. 2nd to SOG.

Well, I guess that is it for today. I cant think right now...kind of drowsy still from my pain killer post biopsy today...LOL. have a great day.

Lillian, I'm so happy for you!!! My dh and I are renewing our vows on DCL in June 2012. I'm excited to follow along and hear about all your plans!!:goodvibes

Welcome to the planning boards! It truly looks like you two love each other!

I can't wait to follow along with you! :)

So, after talking w/ our Planner we are arriving on the 14th. Gives us less stress about if we are going to have time to get ready...etc.

We are only a Memories package, but I am super excited. We are opting to keep it simple and w/ a Hawaiian feel since we are going to be at the Poly for it. So, I've been searching for a dress to go w/ it. I've got a few narrowed down!!!!! They will be simple dresses...nothing spectacular. Here are the ones i've narrowed down too...there is still a lot of narrowing to do...LOL
Dress1.jpg

Dress8.jpg

Dress6.jpg

Dress5.jpg

Dress4.jpg

Dress3.jpg

Dress2.jpg

I agree with Megan. love the last two dresses

I completely feel ya on wanting to have a VR since the original day wasn't y'all at all. Stay strong. Though parents/in-laws(in my case) can be a pain, don't let ANYONE bring you down. It's YOUR and your husband's special day. :)

Okay, so I contacted Shades of Green today because we are a military couple. We are moving over there because we would come out $1200 cheaper, and we get more from them. PLUS (this is what sold me) we are going to be able to have our boys be part of it. I'm very happy w/ this change. I might not be a DFTW bride, but its still on Disney property. Would you all mind if I stayed on this board?

Okay, so I contacted Shades of Green today because we are a military couple. We are moving over there because we would come out $1200 cheaper, and we get more from them. PLUS (this is what sold me) we are going to be able to have our boys be part of it. I'm very happy w/ this change. I might not be a DFTW bride, but its still on Disney property. Would you all mind if I stayed on this board?

Of course you can stay on the board! :) We look forward to following your plans still! :)

Thanks everyone for letting me stay!!!

I'm very happy w/ the change. I'm all giggles today. LOL.

So, DH & I were trying to talk about music today narrowing it down to a list of stuff to discuss when he comes home to listen to and go over. Yeah got to love the phones in Afg. LOL. We didnt make it very far into that discussion. I DONT want to use the same ones we used at our wedding because they are so....wedding. I want something FUN...us....LOL.

I am so ready for Nov 1st!!!! Then I can officially say "Hubby will be home for R&R next month"(Dec). LOL. I cant wait to meet him in the airport and hug him for the first time in 10months. Then we can finally discuss some stuff in person and not over the wonderful internet and phone system they have there...LOL. I cant wait to look into his eyes, hold his hand, and know he is safe because he is right there w/ me. I dont even care if the world stares I'll probably be crying tears of joy to see him again. Okay sorry I got all sappy.

So, what are some non-typical songs did you all use in your weddings/vow renewals?

<3 my soldier
20-1.jpg

So, DH & I were trying to talk about music today narrowing it down to a list of stuff to discuss when he comes home to listen to and go over. Yeah got to love the phones in Afg. LOL. We didnt make it very far into that discussion. I DONT want to use the same ones we used at our wedding because they are so....wedding. I want something FUN...us....LOL.

I am so ready for Nov 1st!!!! Then I can officially say "Hubby will be home for R&R next month"(Dec). LOL. I cant wait to meet him in the airport and hug him for the first time in 10months. Then we can finally discuss some stuff in person and not over the wonderful internet and phone system they have there...LOL. I cant wait to look into his eyes, hold his hand, and know he is safe because he is right there w/ me. I dont even care if the world stares I'll probably be crying tears of joy to see him again. Okay sorry I got all sappy.

So, what are some non-typical songs did you all use in your weddings/vow renewals?

<3 my soldier
20-1.jpg

:love: My hubby comes home in Dec too! :woohoo: yay us!

Well, lets see....I told my parents about moving it and asked if they wanted to come and the response was "Maybe we will see." Last time I heard that I had asked them to watch the boys for the night so I could do a party at a town an hour away that was later than most of mine. They called the day OF and were like "When are you bringing them over." I already had made other arrangements and they knew. So, "we will see" is irritating because if we assume its no and they decide last min to come, but we have given their seat away now they are upset. I'm going to send out formal invitations and have an RSVP by date. Then if they miss that they have NO excuses. I also told my sister and asked if she wanted to come, but I knew her answer b4 hand. She cant make it. They are PCSing and she will have a newborn. Just covering my butt on that one (dont want to hear "why didnt you invite me"). Now, the next one to tackle is DH's Dad/Stepmom. We arent sure about these 2. We have invited DH's stepmom to a lot of stuff, but she has never attended. DH's Dad we dont know if he will travel w/o her. SO, that one really will be one that we have to give an RSVP date to...so we know. If there are any NOs then we have room to invite friends we would like to come...so we are kind of mixed on our feelings about some...(mean I know). Not to mention I've got friends that live in California that I want to invite but cant until I know something...and they have to buy airfare and book rooms and dining....ugh. Sorry.

So, I'm not stuck on wording the whole how to book thing. We are using SOG, but the only time we are staying there is the night b4. We are staying at POP the rest of the time, and we are booked through a Travel agent who has mine and my MIL's reservation (and our Travel w/ number). If they are going to be there when we are I would like to keep us all on the same TW number, so I would want them to book w/ her. How would you all word the "if you are coming contact.....at ........ for booking your room" stuff. I dont want to just say it like that...esp since my mom is a travel agent (yeah we arent using her...LONG story) because if someone wants to book another way I dont want to upset them. UGH. SORRY. I am just going to be getting our invitations soon because I made the money tonight to pay for them (I love my job...anything I earn goes toward vacation funds), so I want to make sure I get the wording right.

That leads me to another question. Where do you all get your invitations from? I was wanting something Unique, but still Disney themed (so there is NO DOUBT where we will be). I was also trying to find something that is newsletter like so that I could let everyone know our Itenerary if they wanted to join in, but that they would have to make their dining reservations (we already have those made...I'm not going to chance not getting them again esp since we have 8 already). Something to kind of guide them in planning (as none of our family but my parents have been to Disney b4). Any suggestions I'm open to.

Okay I've rambled on long enough and I've been up for way too long. I need to hit the sack. Have a great night.

Well, lets see....I told my parents about moving it and asked if they wanted to come and the response was "Maybe we will see." Last time I heard that I had asked them to watch the boys for the night so I could do a party at a town an hour away that was later than most of mine. They called the day OF and were like "When are you bringing them over." I already had made other arrangements and they knew. So, "we will see" is irritating because if we assume its no and they decide last min to come, but we have given their seat away now they are upset. I'm going to send out formal invitations and have an RSVP by date. Then if they miss that they have NO excuses. I also told my sister and asked if she wanted to come, but I knew her answer b4 hand. She cant make it. They are PCSing and she will have a newborn. Just covering my butt on that one (dont want to hear "why didnt you invite me"). Now, the next one to tackle is DH's Dad/Stepmom. We arent sure about these 2. We have invited DH's stepmom to a lot of stuff, but she has never attended. DH's Dad we dont know if he will travel w/o her. SO, that one really will be one that we have to give an RSVP date to...so we know. If there are any NOs then we have room to invite friends we would like to come...so we are kind of mixed on our feelings about some...(mean I know). Not to mention I've got friends that live in California that I want to invite but cant until I know something...and they have to buy airfare and book rooms and dining....ugh. Sorry.

So, I'm not stuck on wording the whole how to book thing. We are using SOG, but the only time we are staying there is the night b4. We are staying at POP the rest of the time, and we are booked through a Travel agent who has mine and my MIL's reservation (and our Travel w/ number). If they are going to be there when we are I would like to keep us all on the same TW number, so I would want them to book w/ her. How would you all word the "if you are coming contact.....at ........ for booking your room" stuff. I dont want to just say it like that...esp since my mom is a travel agent (yeah we arent using her...LONG story) because if someone wants to book another way I dont want to upset them. UGH. SORRY. I am just going to be getting our invitations soon because I made the money tonight to pay for them (I love my job...anything I earn goes toward vacation funds), so I want to make sure I get the wording right.
That leads me to another question. Where do you all get your invitations from? I was wanting something Unique, but still Disney themed (so there is NO DOUBT where we will be). I was also trying to find something that is newsletter like so that I could let everyone know our Itenerary if they wanted to join in, but that they would have to make their dining reservations (we already have those made...I'm not going to chance not getting them again esp since we have 8 already). Something to kind of guide them in planning (as none of our family but my parents have been to Disney b4). Any suggestions I'm open to.

Okay I've rambled on long enough and I've been up for way too long. I need to hit the sack. Have a great night.

For the wording I would explain exactly what you explained to us. Put it as "I'd like to have everyone booked under the same travel agent if possible. Kindly contact ..... at ..... to book your room. If you'd like to book on your own you may do so, however, we'd like to be able to have everyone under the same agent" or something along those lines. Just a thought

If you'd like help with a newsletter I have done some for my guest. They're in my PJ page 2 or 3 I believe. I have the template in an e-mail from another disbride and I can forward it to you.

Also, my invites are the old proclomation scroll type but have the castle and carriage. my invitation company has lots of themes to pick from that follow the disney line. their site is http://www.handykaneweddings.com/

For the wording I would explain exactly what you explained to us. Put it as "I'd like to have everyone booked under the same travel agent if possible. Kindly contact ..... at ..... to book your room. If you'd like to book on your own you may do so, however, we'd like to be able to have everyone under the same agent" or something along those lines. Just a thought

If you'd like help with a newsletter I have done some for my guest. They're in my PJ page 2 or 3 I believe. I have the template in an e-mail from another disbride and I can forward it to you.

Also, my invites are the old proclomation scroll type but have the castle and carriage. my invitation company has lots of themes to pick from that follow the disney line. their site is http://www.handykaneweddings.com/

Oh would you please? My email is PureRomanceByLill@yahoo.com

Well, no need for a formal invite for my parents. I have their response..."We dont have the time for that." Even though I knew they would be that way it still hurts.

OH WELL...time to invite friends.

I ordered our Save The Dates!!!! These are what they look like, but i changed some of the wording around again, and cleaned it up. Sorry for all the blue. I had my TA's stuff on there too and since I think its against Disboards rules I blocked it out.

STDCard1b.jpg

I ordered our Save The Dates!!!! These are what they look like, but i changed some of the wording around again, and cleaned it up. Sorry for all the blue. I had my TA's stuff on there too and since I think its against Disboards rules I blocked it out.

STDCard1b.jpg

That's such a popular graphic!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter