• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Lightning McQueen Racing Academy

If it won't have FP, then I hope that means the waits will be short without FP.
it's a show more than an attraction. It's even under the entertainment tab and not the attraction tab. So it would have set show times, so think of the line like the Disney Jr show or VotLM. Here's the description from the WDW site
High-Tech Hijinks
To kick things off, Lightning demonstrates what he’s learned over the years by using his brand-new, state-of-the-art racing simulator and its wraparound screen. Of course, as this seasoned racer has discovered throughout his career, things don’t always go according to plan, and he has to think fast to get back on course.

With Tow Mater, Cruz Ramirez and the gang from Radiator Springs rooting him on, Lightning gears up for the challenge. Will he emerge victorious? Speed on over to find out.

Bonus: after the show, you’ll even have the chance to snap a photo with trainer-turned-racer Cruz Ramirez just outside the Academy.

So glad to see this space used as a daily part of DHS offerings-many Guests have never seen it and it is a beautiful venue.:)

I wonder if it'll be set show times, like B and the B, or continuous, like Muppet Vision/Philharmagic.

If it's continuous, this could really be a people eater.

Thank goodness they dont have FP for it. DHS has enough shows with Fastpasses (most of which are useless and a waste).

Question on a potential soft opening. Any rumors on that? If they do a soft opening, how would one know if they are at the park that day?
I will be at DHS on 3/27 .. a few days before the set opening. Do you just wander down there to see if it is open, or would they have signs around the park announcing it is open?

Would love to see it and a shame I will be missing it by a few days -- but you cant always catch everything.

I too am holding out hope for a soft opening. We'll be celebrating my kids' 5 year birthday on the 25th, and my son is a huge Cars fan.

Thank goodness they dont have FP for it. DHS has enough shows with Fastpasses (most of which are useless and a waste).

Question on a potential soft opening. Any rumors on that? If they do a soft opening, how would one know if they are at the park that day?
I will be at DHS on 3/27 .. a few days before the set opening. Do you just wander down there to see if it is open, or would they have signs around the park announcing it is open?

Would love to see it and a shame I will be missing it by a few days -- but you cant always catch everything.
Swing by the theater, don't waste your time asking Guest relations or any other CM. They will not have any signs out

Actually, I wish they would have FP. As a new show, I expect the standby to be long lines, similar to when Turtle Talk opened. Having a FP streamlined things a lot for us. Let us do other things rather than just waiting in a long line.
Still looking forward to the show. should be fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter