lets play a game.....I am going on a croppin weekend

goofymom/pop

<font color=deeppink>oh where oh where can the tag
and I am taking......

My 3 Gettysburg albums....what would you take?

I am hoping to use this as a list because I am going on a 48hour crop, and I do not want to forget anything.

I would take my Sidekick, Sizzlit Alphas and 13 inch cutting pads :)

I'm taking everything I own that will fit in the rolling tote I bought at JoAnns for $20 the other week. I'll leave the Sizzix machine home since the people running the crop will have theirs, but I'll take all my dies.

My only problem is I don't know where I'm going to find a portable fork lift to get the bag out of the car!! :rotfl2:

My cruise albums to get them done! With, of course, all the cool cruise swap items and disney character items I have gotten. :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

I don't go anywhere with out Glue or Tape. The crops I have been to it is the most common Forgotten items..

ETA: and a Digital CAMERA !! to take more pics so I can scrap more books !!

:banana: :banana: :banana:

well except chocolate.....but I do have trail mix with m & m's in it....so I guess I do have that covered too!

So far I am going on a croppin weekend and I am bringing

My 3 Gettysburg albums
Sidekick, alpha's and 13 inch cutting board
extra page protectors and pages
everything I own in my rolling cart
Cruise albums and swap items
Chocolate
Digital camera
glue and tape...lots of this packed

I am adding to the list....my CM SideKick for drinks and garbage. Love this thing. Especially after experiencing 2 seperate episodes of women dumping soda on their pages and pics.

oh my!!! i'd be in trouble if i had to take everything that i owned!!! i'd need to rent a uhaul!!!

well, lets see....imo, these items should always be packed in some sort of travel bag where they stay in the same place...as i look through my flat pack

paper trimmer
12" ruler
mini ruler (6")
adhesives (8 different kinds) xyron x included
scissors (3 diff kinds)
pencil
pen/marker
eyelet tools
fiskars hole punches
stapler
extra trimmer blades (you always seem to need them at an away crop)
wipes
glue refills
sanding block
paper piercer
mm rub on tool
adhesive removers
distress ink pads...usually 3-4...depending on the colors i need
mm foldable garbage can

that is just in my flat pack...and i still have room for more!!! i am a bit ocd...as you can tell by the scissors and adhesives...you never know which one you'll need...i use different ones for different products or techniques

i never take a full out album...especially if it is 12x12...usually when we (scrapping buddies) go away, the vehicle is literally packed to the roof...jeep grand cherokee...with 4 xxls, then we all have some other bag like a cis jr, or other tote, paper takers, then clothes...every available inch is filled up with something!!!

my last 3 crops i have taken the 8x8 album that i have been working on, but also going away as often as i do, i have learned ways to condense (even though it doesn't feel like it). i only try, and operative word is *try* to bring just what i need to work on. i have been working on the 8x8 album, so i put whatever embellies into a ziploc bag or 2, then i put all the paper i have into ch paper holders and ch pages in progress sleeves.

i also have my qk, and binder, small alpha stamps, more embellies in the pockets in the front of my tote, so much to even name!!!

i can fit soooooooooo much stuff into my ch rolling backpack!!! i love it...i love it so much that i don't even use my xxl any more...it is just sitting collecting dust...

the ch rolling backpack also has these cool side pockets where you can put more stuff in...and they house more packs that they put out...like a class pack and an embellishment pack...each of which i have...love this bag. there is also a cool part that zips off so you can use it for a purse.

also a good thing to bring is something to contain garbage. that helps alot.
maybe a light, chair pad for back support or tushie tiredness.

gosh didn't think i was writing a book!!!

A cup with a lid and straw for beverages. I'm a klutz - this has saved me more than once. I would add pretzels (I like the sweet & salty combination of chocolate & pretzels) and any odd ball stuff you don't need and can maybe share or trade with the others at the crop.

Have a great time!!

paper trimmer
12" ruler
personal CM trimmer
adhesives (3 different kinds) xyron x included
scissors (2 diff kinds)
pencil
pen/marker
eyelet tools
covered drink container
stapler
extra trimmer blades (you always seem to need them at an away crop)
wipes
Perfect layers
CM cutting system
Chalk
sticker binder
all my paper
my tacklebox that is filled with embellishments, tweezers, xacto blades etc...
my eyeletbrad holder box
fiber/ribbon holder
adhesive removers
Few stamps and inks
all my paper
sticker binder
maybe an album
quickutz and dies
slippers
motrin and sinus medicine
candy
camera
wine or wine coolers....
cell phone
squishy pillow

SOme how I manage to put all of this in my tackle box, xxlarge crop in style tote and crop in style Jr. bag...and a suit case for clothes! :earseek:
Who knows what else! I am going to a weekend crop next month! So maybe I will take a picture of it all!

OMG! I don't know what I would do with out my kids there! I would have to bring everything because I could use the stuff with my DD trying to play with it all!! Espcially my new tink punch that I have since hidden from her becase she would not lveave it alone.

A weekend crop would be wonderful!

another thing is to plan, plan, plan....not that i do this, but preplan those pages...either have the journaling done (if you are a computer journaler) and all the embellies, pics and paper in one of the big ziploc bags...or my new fav thing...ch pages in progress holders.

without having so many options to do, you have to work on the stuff you brought with you...

i have brought everything and the kitchen sink, and when having to search for everything is a big pain in the a**!!! so with a little planning, you'll be able to complete more.

Great lists! I would add preplanned pages in ziplock (2 gal) bags and an idea book or two - like BH Sketches 2 or 30 minute pages :Pinkbounc for when I run out of ideas or need a break.

Have fun!

Jeanne

PS I'm going to guess that ch = Cropper Hopper. I love my flat pack. I've kept it packed and ready to go since CKU and it makes it so much easier to get ready for crops or to work at home!

Thanks Jeanne! I was having a major "Duh!" moment. :rolleyes:

I love these lists! I've been thinking about what I'll pack & take to an all day crop I'm going to in 2 weeks. I knew I needed to plan pages & go from there or I would end up taking everything I owned! :rotfl2:

ch is cropper hopper...here are the pages in progress

pip.jpg

they are really cool...you just put the papers in the back part and all your embellies, pictures, etc in the front pocket.

i also use these for alot of cs...each holds like 50 sheets...

b.jpg

then i put odds and ends into this...

pip5.jpg

it slips into the right side of the bag (side you can't see) in a pocket that is made to fit this pack. i don't have my trimmer in it like it shows, as i have it in this...

pip4.jpg
my trimmer fits into an outside pocket...which you can't see beause it is open. but trust me, the new flat packs hold alot...just see my original post...all that fits into this sucker!!!

then...all of that (except for the flat pack..which goes into another ch tote bag) fits into this...

pip3.jpg

i can't say enough about this bag...even though it is soft sided, i was skeptical at first as well...until i saw it in action...i have even taken it on a cruise and had the bag checked...nothing got bent or damaged. also, that front bottom portion of the bag zips off and it is like a mini tote bag...that we used on our day excursion in cozumel (told you i was on a cruise!!!) it is roomy enough to put a towel, camera, cell phone, wallet (or has those nifty pockets just for you to take the essentials) sunscreen, or anything else you may need to bring with you...and for stuff that you might collect along the way.

if you want, i can take pictures of all the stuff inside the bag...just let me know.

Yeah Karen - just the day. :( They're having something the night before that I also wanted to go to, but I couldn't find a buddy. DDIL is only going Saturday as are all the girls who attend her CM parties. They're the only scrappers I know locally - except the CMC. I thought about going alone, but the CMC said that so far none of her other customers were going Friday & she was having trouble finding child care anyway so she wasn't going unless I did. I didn't want to sit alone badly enough to put her out - you know?

This is close enough to home that I wouldn't have stayed overnight no matter what. I like to sleep in my own bed. ;)

So far I've only been to DDIL's CM crop parties that only last a couple hours....and I'm always forgetting something! I'm hoping that because it's all day that I'll actually do enough planning to take what I need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter