lets play a game.....I am going on a croppin weekend

if you can believe this, i am really shy, and i have flown 3/4 and all the way across this country to go to cku...by myself.

believe me with scrapping, nobody is alone for long. the majority of women who do this are very friendly and will include you with their groups so you are not alone.

I have already power layouted ( is that a word? )....34 pages and these are being done x3 because I have two gift albums to complete. I have all the pages laid out, papers, doodled the ideas on paper so I remember what goes where. Nothing worse than looking at what you planned and thinking what the heck was I going to do with this???? :rotfl2: Last night while watching tv I chalked the Gettysburg Address, and some tombstones/ghosts. Then cut out on my sizzlit sidekick 4 pages worth of titles. My goal this week is to accomplish most of the die cut work here at home as that is also very time consuming.

My girlfriend had an awesome idea. We each have a roomie, in a two room suite. We are supplied with 1 table each but will bring 1 additional table each. This way I can lay out all my tools, papers, adhesives, pens/pencils etc. on the extra table and just have work space on the other. I would rather be crowded a little and have all my tools accessible then to dig for them.

This thread has been very helpful. I always manage to forget at least one major item at each crop and this one is a 45 minute drive so I need it all with me.

goofymom/pop said:
I have already power layouted ( is that a word? )....34 pages and these are being done x3 because I have two gift albums to complete. I have all the pages laid out, papers, doodled the ideas on paper so I remember what goes where. Nothing worse than looking at what you planned and thinking what the heck was I going to do with this???? :rotfl2: Last night while watching tv I chalked the Gettysburg Address, and some tombstones/ghosts. Then cut out on my sizzlit sidekick 4 pages worth of titles. My goal this week is to accomplish most of the die cut work here at home as that is also very time consuming.

My girlfriend had an awesome idea. We each have a roomie, in a two room suite. We are supplied with 1 table each but will bring 1 additional table each. This way I can lay out all my tools, papers, adhesives, pens/pencils etc. on the extra table and just have work space on the other. I would rather be crowded a little and have all my tools accessible then to dig for them.

This thread has been very helpful. I always manage to forget at least one major item at each crop and this one is a 45 minute drive so I need it all with me.

Sounds like you are all set ;) good luck and let us know how far you get. Have Fun. :wave2:

I think we have most things covered but we forgot our PHOTOS! and peanut M&M's they are a crop must have. I'm going on a CMC scrap weekend in Nov my up line is running it for all her down line and their down line. so this is good for me so I don't forget thing either. I can't wait last time I went I got 54 pages done in two days and this one starts Friday night so I can get more done. :cool1: Nancy

Cindy, sounds like you have a great plan worked out with your friend. Have fun & hopefully you will get all those pages completed!

I am hoping to get all three Gettysburg albums together, maybe not journaled but at least together. My Mom is away at her first ever visit to WDW and she wanted to know if when she gets back on the 6th if her Gettysburg album will be done. Oh boy....no pressure. Then she said....."honey would you mind doing our disney trip?".....guess all the swap stuff I have will come in handy. I told her sure, but you have to do the journaling..... :rolleyes: as this album would be x2 (one for her and one for my Aunt who is along with her)...I think I need to quit my job so I can scrap more.....:) :rotfl: :rotfl:

Off to work....have a great day everyone

you are one super nice person! I don't think I could ever make that many albums for others! Even if I wanted! LOL!

thanks spinning, I do love making albums but x3 is rough. I am afraid if I did them one at a time I would never finish the last one out of sheer boredom. So they will be made at the same time, all identical.

Does anyone have anything besides the CM Sidekick that they use for their drink and/or trash? Does anyone else make one? Around the house I've been using my re-usable mug from AKL. I just wonder if that's sufficient to take to a crop, or if something that sits below the edge of the table is better? (for safety reasons)

I just went to another weekend crop.....weekends are the BEST! And yes, I went by myself! (The CMC was kind enough to let me stay in her room) If anyone is near Indiana and wants to go with me, I am going again the last weekend in Feb, 2006, Friday-Sunday! (Desperately looking for a roomie!)

Anyway, the thing I forgot that wish I had was a SHARPIE to mark my tools with my name so they don't get mixed up with others. Particularly important for the CM cutting tools.

I was taught a new technique and finished 50 pages from Friday at 6 til Sunday at 2! WHOO!!

piratesmate/deb

there is another company (ek success/chatterbox) that makes those cup holder things...and the best part is, the cup holder part of it is huge, and it will fit the akl mug in it. it is called a tag along...here is what they look like...

tag.gif

tag1.gif

i did a search and came up with a ton of places that have them.

and the garbage bag part holds a regular sized plastic bag that you get your groceries in...

Thanks for the info Karen! I would have gotten a CM one, but they don't hold my AKL mug. I wish I could find this on sale somewhere! But Creative Xpress doesn't seem to carry it! :rotfl: :rotfl:

I tried taking the bare neccisities, it didn't work.... I wanted all the things I didn't have. :) I am doing the CM croptoberfest in a couple of weeks. Only 1 day due too my work schedule. :(

becky7953 said:
I tried taking the bare neccisities, it didn't work.... I wanted all the things I didn't have. :) I am doing the CM croptoberfest in a couple of weeks. Only 1 day due too my work schedule. :(

Hey Becky7953 - which area are you in? You wouldn't be going to one in South-East PA are you? I'm going Saturday the 8th to one!

While looking for a place that carries those Tag Alongs (by Chatterbox BTW) I found a page of instructions on "What to Pack". I thought the rest of you might be interested, even though it's for Dream Events Inc.

http://www.dreameventsinc.com/what_to_pack.htm

the only thing I came across that I forgot was my white eraser. Not too bad.

Guess what I finished 72pages, completely.....woo hoo!!!!

Of course I had them all power layouted, and was tripling each page so it was a wee bit easier. But I am happy. The weekend rocked. I had a blast.
We had cocktail hour from 5:30-7:30 on Friday, hot breakfast in the morning, dinner buffet last night with cocktail hour again, then hot breakfast again today with late checkout 2pm....sigh....it went so fast.

Cool bonus was 30% off a CM album if you completed 30 pages including journaling. Since you never get an album on sale I jumped on that offer.
There were workshops but I didn't want to stop scrappin' to go. Nothing I had not done before. Loved having the CM store open til the wee hours for paper/stickers etc.

All in all it was a great time. Can't wait til March to do it again. Wanna go?

goofymom/pop said:
Guess what I finished 72pages, completely.....woo hoo!!!!

And the October challenge winner is ... :)!! Cindy, you had a very successful time at the crop! Good for you!

I hadn't thought of it that way. Either way I feel like a winner this weekend.

Mom2Grace congrats on your 50 pages....way to go! Wish Indiana were closer to my side of Ohio I would go with you, and then you could go with me in March....lol!

My roomie was alot of fun, but wants to bring along her daughter for a few hours in March....just for a visit. I don't mean to be a stick in the mud...but I go to get away from the kids, so I will probably have to find a new roomie next time. Is that mean?

piratesmate said:
Hey Becky7953 - which area are you in? You wouldn't be going to one in South-East PA are you? I'm going Saturday the 8th to one!

]/QUOTE]

No, I am going to one near Warren, Ohio. I wonder if there is a weekend crop in Central PA where all the DIS in Ohio and PA can get together? Would be fun. :earsboy:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter