Let's celebrate 15 years together by eating around the World! 05/24 F&W

Hello everybody :wave2:

I'm back to finish this report. I've had some bad Disney blues, some health issues and was a victim of downsizing at the company I worked for, :rolleyes2 but I'm excited to have a new ticker! My first DVC stay, this time going with my mother as DH could not get time off, in November. Our dates are November 1-15, staying at AKV (Jambo) and I got a BOG dinner ADR! :banana:

As soon as my pics are finished uploading, I'll finish the last two days of this report! :thumbsup2

This morning, we had our last day at Epcot. We were there at rope drop, rode Soaring, got some more fastpasses and got some breakfast at Sunshine Seasons.

I'm seriously underwhelmed when it comes to breakfast options at Disney's food courts, but, at Sunshine Seasons, there is a little jewel of awesome - the berry croissant bread pudding. So good, moist sweet and tart because of the berries. Love it!

IMG_0419_zps8c68f063.jpg

DH had the bounty platter - potatoes were awful and dry, bacon was limp. Eggs were acceptable as well as the sausage. French toast was not very good.

IMG_0418_zpsbbe6c0a2.jpg

Later on, we made our way to the World Showcase to try some of the last bits of F&W.

From the Caribbean booth - jerk-spiced chicken drumstick with mango chutney. Nice, loved the spice with the chutney, but we are not fans of drumsticks as they always seem to have some small bones in them.

IMG_0426_zps3f2c359e.jpg

We also got the Frozen Dragon Berry Colada which was quite good, but really rich, almost like a shake. DH really liked this one, so he had most of it. It was not strong at all.

IMG_0425_zps1a9c485e.jpg

At the Australia booth, I tried the lamington. It was basically a yellow sponge cake dipped in chocolate ganache and covered in coconut. Not bad, the cake was moist but it was a little boring.

IMG_0429_zps37e679d5.jpg

Then we made a pit stop at the Cava for a margarita. I went with the cucumber margarita but was not happy with my choice. I love cucumber, but this marg was on the sweet side since it also contained pineapple juice and I didn't think it was a great combo. I should have ordered the jalapeno, that was my original choice. I didn't finish it. :sad2:

IMG_0431_zpsa41bd54b.jpg

By then, we decided to have a rest at the hotel and came back a little later.

In France, we got the Pomegranate Kir which was lovely and refreshing.

IMG_0437_zpsf03048d2.jpg

In Morocco, we tried the Merguez pocket, which was not very fresh, the pita was soaked in cooking juices and the merguez was a measly little piece of dried out sausage. This was a miss.

IMG_0440_zpsa3e387bc.jpg

In Japan, at the Sake bar, we got a green tea sake cocktail, which was really nice and refreshing, not to sweet and it packed a punch. Plus, gotta love those cocktail umbrellas!

IMG_0462_zps20c5e446.jpg

At Hops and Barley, we got the clam chowder that I really liked. It was rich and full of clams. We also got an Angry Orchard cider - it was a hit with DH however, I missed taking a pic.

IMG_0467_zpsb5c7ae3e.jpg

In Italy, we got the sausage with peppers. Good, filling but nothing exceptional.

IMG_0476_zpse8a5da1c.jpg

At the Poland booth, we got the pierogie. I had it the year before and I really like this. We don't really have this around here.

IMG_0477_zps4d1f29d5.jpg

We wanted something sweet so we tried the Italian gelato counter and got Affogato. Basically, they add an espresso shot to vanilla gelato. This was kinda expensive, around 8-9 dollars, but boy was it good. The espresso cuts through the sweetness of the gelato and the coffee beans added a nice crunch. I'm definitely having this again next time!

IMG_0480_zpsc87321aa.jpg

Last we tried the natilla de cajeta at the Mexico booth. Cue in angels singing. This was my favorite dessert of the festival. It tasted like a dulce de leche pudding, sweet, cold and smooth. OMG to die for! I hope this one will be coming back this year.

IMG_0493_zps75f97cba.jpg

On this high note, we exited the park which was getting seriously packed.
Mission Food and Wine: accomplished! :dance3:

I'm so glad to see you updated!! Sorry about the hurdles but it sounds like you have an exciting trip to look forward to! Especially since you are staying at AKL (lovely! we stayed there for the first time last girl trip in my siggy) and BOG!! Awesome!!!

Glad to see mission accomplished (and so deliciously too) for Food & Wine!

Looking forward to your final updates as well.

(Oh, and Emily and I are trying Sanaa next trip so I was excited to see your review for that restaurant.)

Happy Friday!

I hear ya on the downsizing! Happened to me last July and my nightmare will finally end on June 10th when I start training for my new job! Hang in there!

Love your reviews ... looking forward to the rest of them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter