Legoland - Denmark

Dimplenose

Stranger from the outside
I've just got back from a weeks holiday in Denmark. It was my first visit and I really loved it. The weather was perfect (27 C) and the people very friendly.

We couldn't have a trip there without visiting the original Legoland. We've visited Windsor lots of times and expected the same but were surprised to find it so different.

The biggest difference is that the attractions are in much smaller area espcially near the entrance which gives the park a more crowded "fairground" feel. Some of the attractions look the same but are slightly different e.g the dragon ride.

There seemed to be more rides, my DH and kids especially liked one that you programmed yourself and then sat (in pairs) on chairs on the end of an electronic arm while your choice of moves were made. (It was too twisting and upside down for me to try!)

There was even a Lego Pirates ride.

I think most of the differences were because the park has evolved and expanded over a 30year period.

It was great fun and worth a visit if you're travelling that way, I don't think it's quite worth a trip in its own right though.

Libby

Denmark is a a great place for a short vacation. Anyone thinking of spending a few days in Paris or Brussels should really consider this as an alternative.

Must be five or six years since I last visited, but I do remember a theme park in Copenhagen - Tivoli World? Is it still there?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter