• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Le Cellier - Vote Here

Le Cellier - Rated

• Excellent - Would Recommend it to others.

• Good - I would consider going back again.

• Average - Not anything to tell the neighgbors about.

• Poor - I wouldn't take my dog to eat there.

Results are only viewable after voting.
We ate there in September 2006, and I thought it was good but not excellent. The service was great, and our waiter was very friendly; however, I thought the food was a little salty, the tables were too close together, and the steak wasn't as good as our local Roadhouse Grill (a B-level steakhouse). I would go again, but we aren't eating there on our upcoming trip.

I also voted "Average". I've had dinner there 3 times and each time it was only "OK". The service was always very good though; it was the food itself that was lacking.

I'd go back again if my DH wanted to go, otherwise I have no desire to dine there again.

I voted average. We've tried it a couple of times had good service but the food was just OK. Certainly not worthy of the huge hype it gets on these boards.

Food is great, and service can be so-so, but lately its been great. We have eaten there at least 10 times and have never walked out regretting it.

I've never eaten there although I love steak. We eat at Jiko's, Cali Grill, Yachtsmen steakhouse, Brown Derby, etc. and all of them have great filet mignon.

We do have a reservation for December though so we'll try Le Cellier and see for ourselves. I'm allergic to mushrooms and can't eat the cheese soup either (too much fat for me, I'd be in the bathroom all night sick.) Hopefully, there are other things that I can eat (plain steak?) that will make me want to go back to Le Cellier. If not, at least I will be able to say I tried it.

Amazing place, been there for lunch and dinner.

For dinner we had:

Cheese soup and caesar salad
BBQ filet and Mushroom filet
Side of sauteed mushrooms and bernaise sauce

For dinner we had:

Cheese soup and caesar salad
DH was able to order the BBQ filet
I had the beef tips with udon noodles and veggies

Both times the food was amazing and the service was perfect

It's one of our must eat at places for every visit. We love it. And, I'm not saying that be I'm Canadian! ;)

Brenda

This is one of those places we ate at based on the very positive reviews we had read. We were somewhat disappointed in the place. It atmosphere was good and the food was OK. The cheese soup that gets all the raves was to me at lease no better than Cambels soup. I am glad we went, I will probably try it again but it was nothing special to us. We had made our ADR the day before after we got there but with DDP I would guess 180 days out is now required. We do not do DDP and I am not sure if the menu has changed or not. For those who have not tried it, try it. I have learned that reviews here are to be taken with the understanding that you may have a 180 degree different opinion from what you read when you leave the place..smjj

Well we just got back from wdw last week. We have done Lecelliar for dinner in the past, nice server,but sevice was slow.Steaks were good, mushroom risotoo very good,deserts heavenly. We decided to do lunch this trip and we definitely prefered lunch. The food was better and came out much faster. The server was awesome, and again the deserts were heavenly,but the bill was about 20.00 cheaper.:thumbsup2

Love the filet and pretzen bread! It's one of my few "must do" restaurants each trip.

I voted average. Our service was horrible and the food wasn't that good, either. Certainly NOTHING to write home about - it's a basic steakhouse you can find at home (except much more expensive and the tables are much closer together).

I probably will not return there but since others have had decent visits, I might recommend it to someone that isn't adventurous and prefers to eat the same stuff found at home while on vacation.

We can't imagine wasting time in Epcot to eat at a steakhouse again.

DH & I feel the exact same way. We've eaten there three times and just can't see what all the fuss is about.

I don't recall our service being horrid, but I do remember sitting within inches of a stranger's elbows -- all three times. The place also has a tendency to seriously undercook everything. This is fine if you're into rarer steaks or like this trend with thick undercooked fish, but I like my steaks medium to medium well (and I order a cut that this works well with, NY strip or sirloin), and both DH & I have always had to send our food back multiple times ... every visit. Everything just seems to come out way too rare for our tastes. We have a local trendy place that just opened that does the same thing -- but at least the servers let you know this up front when you're looking at the menu.

Like the poster I quoted, I just can't see wasting a meal in Epcot for a mediocre, overpriced steak.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter