Latest Disney Dining Show podcast

Discussion in 'The DIS Unplugged Podcast' started by JasonMak2000, Sep 8, 2018.

1. Captain_Jim

Captain_Jim I've got a fever, and the only cure is more WDW

We only have one full service meal a day, and we generally eat that at 8:30 or so, so we are in the parks for the rest of the time. Whether you are genuinely impressed or being facetious (I honestly can't tell, but if feels like the latter), makes no difference to me. We are only devoting an hour and a half each evening to dining, with the rest being snacks and QS on the go. We are not a family of leisurely vacationers; we Disney hard.

2. Captain_Jim

Captain_Jim I've got a fever, and the only cure is more WDW

You are quite correct. We are park junkies and don't like to sashay, mosey, saunter, or lollygag to anything. We hit them hard and our evening meal is our respite from the hustle.

SorcererHeidi and mcd2745 like this.
  3. mcd2745

mcd2745 These Mickey pretzels are making me thirsty!

We're very similar in our approach. Main difference being we eat dinner earlier (around 5pm as opposed to your 8:30). That's a function of early PPO breakfasts - so no park time is lost on breakfast.

Captain_Jim likes this.
  4. YesterDark

YesterDark Mouseketeer

So we're the same. At least in spirit since we can't hit the parks hard with a 5 yo, 3 yo and a 8 month old! (yet).

Captain_Jim likes this.
  5. Mackenzie Click-Mickelson

Mackenzie Click-Mickelson DIS Veteran

Slightly older comments but I still wanted to comment:

Respectfully you need to understand that tipping is ingrained in our culture and has been for a while. I realize it's not what you're used to nor what you want (and tipping is not loved by all here in the U.S. either) but it's the way here. You don't have to tip insofar that it's not mandated (unless you have the X number of people where tip gets added automatically) but it is customary. If I were to visit Scotland (which is where your profile info says you're from) I would expect to try to follow customs as much as feasibly possible. I just got back from Jamaica where I was a foreigner. The culture was to tip as well such as your waiter, your cab driver, the person who brought luggage 15ft to your room lol, etc it's just that the rate was more 10% as a norm rather than the 15-20% that it is here in the States.

SorcererHeidi likes this.