Last Trip? It was until we met Food & Wine -- Recap 2/12

Oh Kathy! I don't know how I ended up missing the posts about your mom passing. Sorry to hear it but glad to hear that she is no longer in pain. Quite an appropriate way to celebrate the memory of her by celebrating new lives beginning.

Thank you...I appreciate it.

I hope you can enjoy a nice Thanksgiving with all of your family together after all the hardships you have been facing this year.

We will be with Mark's sister and brother-in-law, Andy and Des and the last remaining Grandparent--Mark's dad. I'm sure we will have a lovely afternoon.

Stay Strong!

I will.

Kathy, I"m so sorry again about your mom. The pictures are really nice.

Thanks, Clare.

What a wonderful thing to have donations made to Cocktails and Chemo.

I told Amanda about it and it made her smile.

As for your report, IASW. Your pictures made me want to stab my eyes out with a fork. :lmao:

See...I'm not the only one.

Oh Anna and Elsa, the meet and greet of all meet and greets. We met that same Elsa and I also thought she was pretty blah, but my kids loved her, so that's what matters.

It's what pleases the kids that counts.

You and Mark HAVE to see the Disney exhibit at MSI. We went Sunday and it was great!

We have been trying and so far without success. We are hoping maybe a week from this Sunday.

Kathy, I feel bad even posting about the last update since it's so inconsequential really when real life happens. But I guess talking about the fantasy of Disney is always a helpful thing, especially in times like these. Please know that it is no way intended to diminish the sadness you must be feeling but also the joy in celebrating your mom's life. Thank you for sharing the beautiful photos and may you find peace with your loved ones around you as you go through this together. :grouphug:

Rob, that was beautiful...thank you very much. My mother took 3 or 4 trips with us and the boys when they were little and she loved Disney. And having Mark and Alisha here was a huge comfort and my daughter-in-law and I spent a lot of quality time together. And for the first time since she and Mark got married, she called me "mom" which warmed my heart.

I have to admit it Kathy. As much as I proudly wander the "World" avoiding Small World at all costs, in the situation you were in, yeah, I probably would do the exact same thing and board that little ship of horrors. But OH THE HUMANITY!! So glad you survived!!

I hav eno doubt if you were in my situation you would have done the same. I'm glad I survived too. I think I need a t-shirt.

Ugh, yes, so sad that Philharmagic was down. The area did provide a pretty good "hide from the rain" spot though.

Yes, thankfully a stampede was not exiting and we could stay dry.

Awww Anna and Elsa. I really started to appreciate Anna at the Frozen Sing-A-Long show. She was just so adorable. But the meet and greet really brought it home. I think she is now #2 on my Princess list behind Ariel. So now 2 redheads in the top spots and once I meet Merida, maybe a third. That should help with my Mayoral campaign.

Hmmmm....seems to me that you have forgotten that you are running for DEPUTY MAYOR since Mark will be Mayor. And with Mark's obvious charm with Anna and Rapunzel (here's that picture since you probably missed that report), you will see you will have a run for your money if you should decide to run for Mayor. Actually, Mark said he would be Mayor and then you should take over his hat reign.

Kathy - I am so sorry about your Mom :grouphug: I know this is so hard on you and your family and I just hope you know you have so much love and support and prayers here. Your stories have always lifted my spirits and brought a laugh and a tear to my day and if there is any way in which we can give some of that back to you, please let us know.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your mom- she looks so sweet and happy and very proud of her family!

I'm really enjoying your updates. I love all the detail you add in between the pics.

I'm still kicking myself for not "making" my boys do the meet & greet with Anna and Elsa last year! We were at Epcot a few weeks before the movie came out and were walking into Norway when we saw A&E and they were just leaving for a five minute break. I asked the boys if they wanted to get in line (behind maybe 4 families) or come back and they were like "No, that's ok." Taylor took his girlfriend to see the movie the weekend it came out and then I think they saw it a few more times with other friends while it was in theaters. His girlfriend even said she couldn't believe he didn't get pictures with them! As Taylor said later, "hindsight's always 20/20!"

Stopping in to wish you and your family a
692937437_1595890.gif

Wanted to stop by and wish you

Hope you enjoy your day and that good things are coming your way!

Got caught up - loved the pic of you and your mom at your wedding - what a treasure!

Just wanted to reply to your last replay - I won't have to make FP for Ana and Elsa for my grandkids, cuz the boys don't care to meet them. :goodvibes However, I will still be up late getting FP+ :cool1:

I can't find the Walmart photo, sorry. I'll keep looking :goodvibes

Kathy - I am so sorry about your Mom :grouphug: I know this is so hard on you and your family and I just hope you know you have so much love and support and prayers here. Your stories have always lifted my spirits and brought a laugh and a tear to my day and if there is any way in which we can give some of that back to you, please let us know.

Thank you so very much. My friends here at the DIS have been my rock...all of you.

Thanks for sharing the photos of your mom- she looks so sweet and happy and very proud of her family!

Thank you. :)

I'm really enjoying your updates. I love all the detail you add in between the pics.

Awww...thanks; I'm glad you enjoy.

I'm still kicking myself for not "making" my boys do the meet & greet with Anna and Elsa last year! We were at Epcot a few weeks before the movie came out and were walking into Norway when we saw A&E and they were just leaving for a five minute break. I asked the boys if they wanted to get in line (behind maybe 4 families) or come back and they were like "No, that's ok." Taylor took his girlfriend to see the movie the weekend it came out and then I think they saw it a few more times with other friends while it was in theaters. His girlfriend even said she couldn't believe he didn't get pictures with them! As Taylor said later, "hindsight's always 20/20!"

That's too bad they didn't see them. That was probably the shortest line ever.

Stopping in to wish you and your family a
692937437_1595890.gif

Thank you my dear friend, Mo.

Wanted to stop by and wish you

Hope you enjoy your day and that good things are coming your way!

Thank you very much. :hug:

Got caught up - loved the pic of you and your mom at your wedding - what a treasure!

Thanks, Tammie.

Just wanted to reply to your last replay - I won't have to make FP for Ana and Elsa for my grandkids, cuz the boys don't care to meet them. :goodvibes However, I will still be up late getting FP+ :cool1:

Well lucky you. Thankfully, I've seen them twice and won't have to book again until I have a granddaughter if I should be so fortunate (don't let Markie know I said that...he wants all boys).

I can't find the Walmart photo, sorry. I'll keep looking :goodvibes

Perfect...thanks.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of my DIS friends. Actually, I should say my DIS Family...because that is how I consider all of you. Thank you all for all of your love, prayers and support these last several months.

You have been on my mind and in my prayers a lot over these last few weeks... Please know that. I know the holidays are hard, but even more so when you lose someone special so close to the holidays... :hug:

Love and hugs to you and your family today Kathy.

disney-thanksgiving.jpg

D~

It is so great that you have those photos of your mom, they are such great things to have. I love that donations are being made to Mira's college fund, that is so touching.

Lots of love and hugs to you on this Thanksgiving!!:grouphug:

You have been on my mind and in my prayers a lot over these last few weeks... Please know that. I know the holidays are hard, but even more so when you lose someone special so close to the holidays... :hug:

Love and hugs to you and your family today Kathy.

disney-thanksgiving.jpg

D~

Thank you so much, D, I appreciate it. I hope you and your family hada wonderful Thanksgiving.

It is so great that you have those photos of your mom, they are such great things to have. I love that donations are being made to Mira's college fund, that is so touching.

Thanks, Krysten. I really think that would have pleased mom.

Lots of love and hugs to you on this Thanksgiving!!:grouphug:

Thank you very much, friend.

So after our visit with Anna and Elsa, it was time for THE hardest FP+ to get these days:

Someone was definitely ready to go:

Video:

After Tim, Grandma, Juliana, Christopher, Mark and I rode, it was time for Mel to go so she went off with Grandma and Juliana and Christopher (I don't remember for sure).

While they were gone, we took Gabby on the Carrousel.

When the rest came back, the kids wanted to go back on the Carrousel:

Right, Christopher?

Two rides with the horses, and it was time to move on to another attraction. Some photos along the way:

Continued in next post

Before we could reach our next destination, we found a Princess that we all wanted to see

Before we could get to our next destination, Tim had to stop for one of these

We saw that another friend was out with no line so we ran over

We arrived at our next attraction

And Mark finally found his match (even before we went on the ride)

The man was happy as a clam to finally have his sword fight. :)

We broke up the sword fight and headed into the attraction

It was time to split up as Mark and I had an ADR to go to and Tim and family wanted to hit some more rides. We left with the hope we would see each other later that evening.

Up next, one of our favorite lunches

Enjoyed the updates. It looks like a fun time sharing part of your day with Tim and his family. Children sure put a different perspective while at MK. I just love their enthusiasm. Of course, them riding with you and Mark is just adding 2 older kids. LOL

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

Read you soon! :surfweb:

Such adorable photos!! Enjoyed them. Hope you are well and your Thanksgiving was nice. I cannot believe our is 5 days away! Pinch me I must be dreaming :)

Those are some good pictures of you guys riding 7DMT! Looks like everyone enjoyed it.

I'm glad that Mark got his sword fight! It looks like they both had a great time! :thumbsup2

WHEW! I am all caught up! :faint:

The Boardwalk looks so beautiful, but the creepy clown pool keeps me away! Funnily enough, the harlequins all over POFQ don't bother me one bit, but that clown pool gives me the heebie-jeebies! :lmao:

I haven't been to Earl of Sandwich in many moons. I had lunch there once probably 8 years ago, and it was DELICIOUS! Just been working on trying out other places since!

Crystal Palace another one I haven't done in quite a while, but loved. I'm considering working it in on our next trip maybe. If not the next one, definitely the one after that!

I'm with Tim... Can't pass by Aloha Isle without stopping for a Dole Whip float!

Tiana & Peter Pan! You're so lucky! Those are two I've never met! Jealous!

VERY excited to hear where we're going for lunch in the next update!!! :goodvibes

Enjoyed the updates. It looks like a fun time sharing part of your day with Tim and his family. Children sure put a different perspective while at MK. I just love their enthusiasm. Of course, them riding with you and Mark is just adding 2 older kids. LOL

Thanks; and you are right...we are just "older" and "taller" kids. :)

Hope you had a Happy Thanksgiving.

We did and having another one tonight as the kids are on their way from Dubuque. I hope you had a good one with your family.

Read you soon! :surfweb:

I may try to get another update Sunday night because I know work is going to bite me next week after being off for a week.

Such adorable photos!! Enjoyed them. Hope you are well and your Thanksgiving was nice. I cannot believe our is 5 days away! Pinch me I must be dreaming :)

Thanks, Lori. I am so excited for your first trip. I bet it will be extra special this year with that adorable little man of yours. We had a lovely Thanksgiving and hope you did too.

Those are some good pictures of you guys riding 7DMT! Looks like everyone enjoyed it.

We had a good time; it's really a great ride.

I'm glad that Mark got his sword fight! It looks like they both had a great time! :thumbsup2

I'm not sure who had more fun. :lmao::lmao::lmao:

WHEW! I am all caught up! :faint:

Welcome back.

The Boardwalk looks so beautiful, but the creepy clown pool keeps me away! Funnily enough, the harlequins all over POFQ don't bother me one bit, but that clown pool gives me the heebie-jeebies! :lmao:

And I'm the opposite. While the clown bothers me, those harlequins really freak me out at POFQ!.

I haven't been to Earl of Sandwich in many moons. I had lunch there once probably 8 years ago, and it was DELICIOUS! Just been working on trying out other places since!

We love EOS; we do like trying different places (I'm planning on one or two in October), but we like to return to favorites every other trip if we can.

Crystal Palace another one I haven't done in quite a while, but loved. I'm considering working it in on our next trip maybe. If not the next one, definitely the one after that!

MY favorite character breakfast of all time.

I'm with Tim... Can't pass by Aloha Isle without stopping for a Dole Whip float!

Mark and I were not fans. And that line. :eek:

Tiana & Peter Pan! You're so lucky! Those are two I've never met! Jealous!

It was the first time we had met both of them so I can now cross them off my bucket list.

VERY excited to hear where we're going for lunch in the next update!!! :goodvibes

It's a favorite. :)

Haha, I think you scored the same thing I did Kathy, just in the opposite order with Anna/Elsa and Mine Train. Either one of those is tough to get, but to get get BOTH? That's some pixie dust right there!

Awww that first carousel Gabby photo. Total Diva!! "What... You know you wanna be me." :laughing:

And there's something to be said about the joy such a simple ride brings amongst all these technological marvels. Walt would be smiling. He did so love the carousel.

Ooh, Tiana was looking super pretty that day. princess:

I totally just noticed that Tim has his DIS name on his shirt. Very cool.

OK I LOVE the sword fight. One of my absolute favourite Disney memories and photos came there. I enjoy that store so much.

Christopher is too cute in those pictures and Gabby looks a little ambivalent about the carousel. One minute she is smiling and the next minute - not so much! :laughing:

I love those pics on Mine Train. I think its cool that you get a video. How fun. I rode it in October but didn't take one picture. I know - hard to believe, right? :rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter