• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Last thing you cooked

Mini chicken pot pies made with Pillsbury Grand biscuits. Yeah, nothing is homemade about it, (bag of pre-cooked chicken strips diced up, bag of frozen mixed vegetables, can of cream of chicken soup), but they taste good.

Scrambled eggs this morning for breakfast. Last dinner cooked was Thursday night, grilled flank steak, crab cakes and baked beans. Pretty quick and tasty.

This morning. Homemade hash browns, scrambled eggs with cheese/and crumbled sausage. Half a bagel toasted.

Chicken and Dumplings. It was amazing. Had it for lunch for two days after. Would have it again tomorrow if there was any left.

That's the last thing I cooked too.
Proper light, fluffy, soft dumplings that float on top like clouds or the weird, sticky, heavy chunks of goo that sink to the bottom? Curious and we haven't had a good "dumpling" debate around here for awhile! :rotfl:

Cheating a little bit here because I haven't actually cooked it yet but I guess I should make a decent dinner since we've been scrounging around here the last 4 or 5 days. I'm going with this:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alvinzhou/3-course-tuscan-chicken-dinner?utm_term=.qxQnwxRb0#.eiNJzM9VX

Proper light, fluffy, soft dumplings that float on top like clouds or the weird, sticky, heavy chunks of goo that sink to the bottom? Curious and we haven't had a good "dumpling" debate around here for awhile! :rotfl:

Cheating a little bit here because I haven't actually cooked it yet but I guess I should make a decent dinner since we've been scrounging around here the last 4 or 5 days. I'm going with this:
https://www.buzzfeed.com/alvinzhou/3-course-tuscan-chicken-dinner?utm_term=.qxQnwxRb0#.eiNJzM9VX
Proper light and fluffy ones, lol! I do like the heavy, chewy ones with beans though. I'm an equal opportunity dumpling eater.

Biscuits and sausage gravy--vintage southern food for a breakfast potluck. It must have been good; there were no leftovers.

We got Blue Apron for a trial basis and did our first meal tonight--steak, mashed potatoes and sautéed broccoli. It was fine--nothing special, but tasted good.

Ring Bologna, veggies, mashed potatoes for the family. I made veggie green curry and brown rice, sliced pineapple on the side, for myself.

:confused: Describe please.

Not sure if they mean the same thing as we have in Pennsylvania, but it looks like this.

IMG_8868.JPG

It'a not like regular bologna. I never saw it until I moved to PA from NY. The kind they make by me is kind of smokey and cured. Resembles hillshire farms kielbasa maybe?

Not sure if they mean the same thing as we have in Pennsylvania, but it looks like this.

View attachment 207049

It'a not like regular bologna. I never saw it until I moved to PA from NY. The kind they make by me is kind of smokey and cured. Resembles hillshire farms kielbasa maybe?
Yeah, that looks like kielbasa, often called Ukrainian sausage or garlic sausage here. Bologna comes sliced in plastic packages and is put on sandwiches with yellow mustard. Sometimes it even had a first name...;)

Yeah, that looks like kielbasa, often called Ukrainian sausage or garlic sausage here. Bologna comes sliced in plastic packages and is put on sandwiches with yellow mustard. Sometimes it even had a first name...;)

That's the same kind of bologna I was always used to, Oscar Meyer. In fact, my gram likes it, and it's about the only thing she we eat all of, so I make her bologna sandwiches often for lunch. (She is 92 and cantankerous.)

Around here, anytime there is a get together someone is sure to bring one of those ring bolognas with crackers and some cheese. Lol. And, quite often, it is deer bologna.

That's the same kind of bologna I was always used to, Oscar Meyer. In fact, my gram likes it, and it's about the only thing she we eat all of, so I make her bologna sandwiches often for lunch. (She is 92 and cantankerous.)

Around here, anytime there is a get together someone is sure to bring one of those ring bolognas with crackers and some cheese. Lol. And, quite often, it is deer bologna.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter