Last minute trip...June or August??

ShannonBS

Earning My Ears
Planning a last minute trip for this summer! Will there be much of a difference in heat and/or crowds next week (first week in June) vs. the last week in July/first week in August? Haven’t done Disney in the summer since I was a kid myself.

Not much in terms of heat, but next week might have less rain. Positive about later date would be booking FP and ADR. More chances to get what u want

Crowds and weather will be similar. I agree with the others that you have more time for FP, dining, and other planning if you choose August.

I think August will be better. Still will be hot but crowds might be more manageable. It’s been brutally hot in Orlando here this week and next week is supposed to be humid thunderstorms so I’m not sure that the weather will be in your favor.

We've done that week of August our last two trips and have loved it. Medium level crowds. Good weather...

Dan

Weather wise, I'd say June because the one trip we ever took in August was much worse than June--even the pools seemed like bathwater. However, since you could still do fastpasses for August, I'd stick with that and suck up the heat and humidity.

Planning a last minute trip for this summer! Will there be much of a difference in heat and/or crowds next week (first week in June) vs. the last week in July/first week in August? Haven’t done Disney in the summer since I was a kid myself.

First/second week in August should have a few less groups so crowds might be marginally better. Temps will be the same. August will also give you a little more time for fastpasses. Personally I love going in August if you can stand the heat.

We were there last June and weather was definitely more bearable for the first 2 weeks in June than in August - key difference is that nice to sit outside in the shade in June. More rain though!

We've done that week of August our last two trips and have loved it. Medium level crowds. Good weather...

Dan
Good weather? That's the one thing that worries us for Aug (which hoping for next Aug ). It's it quite hot and daily rain?

Good weather? That's the one thing that worries us for Aug (which hoping for next Aug ). It's it quite hot and daily rain?

Speaking between June and August, June has slightly more rain on average, and is only 1 degree cooler. The chart below is the average temp and rainfall for Orlando.

Regarding our personal experience, the weather has been fantastic in August. We like heat, but not insane heat. We've had average temps of 88-90, and the rain hasn't been an issue at all. You will get a pop up shower somewhere in WDW about every day, but it's so random. Could be raining in MK and not in AK. Maybe we've been lucky but in our 19 days visiting in early August we've maybe been impacted by rain a couple of days, and that's been limited to brief showers in the afternoon.

Now, during these August trips we have begun to go back to the resort each afternoon and take a rest or swim for a bit. That's when the rain typically hits so we tend to avoid it. During August the parks are open late enough that we can do that and still have enough time to enjoy the parks from dinner until close.

Kindly,
Dan

I go more toward late August, but gone earlier in August, and love going then. The heat can be bad at some points but is manageable. Trips in June are like being under a broiler, and I might be inclined to discourage that month,

Speaking between June and August, June has slightly more rain on average, and is only 1 degree cooler. The chart below is the average temp and rainfall for Orlando.

Regarding our personal experience, the weather has been fantastic in August. We like heat, but not insane heat. We've had average temps of 88-90, and the rain hasn't been an issue at all. You will get a pop up shower somewhere in WDW about every day, but it's so random. Could be raining in MK and not in AK. Maybe we've been lucky but in our 19 days visiting in early August we've maybe been impacted by rain a couple of days, and that's been limited to brief showers in the afternoon.

Now, during these August trips we have begun to go back to the resort each afternoon and take a rest or swim for a bit. That's when the rain typically hits so we tend to avoid it. During August the parks are open late enough that we can do that and still have enough time to enjoy the parks from dinner until close.

Kindly,
Dan

View attachment 405111
Thanks so much for explaining. Very helpful. And funny how the rain is so isolated to an area (and if short lived, then not an issue). Didn't realize that Aug actually gets a bit less rain than June. If we can go, it'll be end of Aug for us and only 2.5 days (post cruise before school starts up) so probably won't take resort breaks but can try and find inside stuff for a bit.

I think crowds will be better in August. I find late July/August to have severe humidity. June can be bad also, but August, whew.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter