Labor Day weekend Park choice

canyoncam

original Bambi &Thumper
I am planning a real short trip over Labor Day. Flight gets in late Saturday (9pm) and departing flight VERY early Wednesday (6am) so only doing two park days. I have an old non expiring one day hopper to use for AK, EP, and HS on Monday and plan to buy a one day ticket for MK. But I’m trying to decide if Sunday or Tuesday would be better. I want to get this decided so I can add Genie+ before the 7th-no way am I getting up early to buy it on vacation plus trying to select options at 7am.
Ticket pricing for Sunday is $25 more than Tuesday which leads me to think Disney is expecting higher crowds than Tuesday. Though I’ll be tired from my flight I’ll be running on adrenaline Sunday. I can easily sleep on the fight home if I stay to park close on Tuesday but not sure if I could get myself up at 3am to get to the airport 😂

I know it’s my decision to make but looking for insights I may not have thought of. Monday is a MNSSHP at MK so I’m avoiding doing the park then nor do I wish to buy a ticket for that.

Labor Day Monday is so much the “last day of vacation” for so many people that I think the crowds will be noticeably smaller on Tuesday than on Sunday. So I’d buy my ticket for Tuesday - even though I don’t sleep very well on planes! :cutie:

I will also be at the park that weekend (and the rest of the next week). We haven't done our park reservations yet, but right now I'm planning on avoiding the parks on Sat/Sun due to crowds and will either go to Typhoon Lagoon or hang out at the resort (Wilderness Lodge) over the weekend. So, my recommendation is similar - go to Epcot/AKL/HS on Mon and Magic Kingdom on Tues. In all honesty, you can probably get way more done in less time on Tuesday than on Sunday at MK. Depending on ages of everyone in your party, I might consider not really going to bed on Tuesday night.. that 3 am is going to painful either way.

We’ll be there Labor Day, avoiding EPCOT on the weekend for sure (food/wine) and HS. So that leaves AK and MK. Hoping it won’t be too nutty

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter