Kong Ride Question

KyleAfterAWhile

DIS Veteran
Does the ride vehicle bounce or sway or is everything done on-screen only? Also, is it loud like Dinosaur?

It indeed bounces and if you are not sandwiched between people, you will slide side-to-side a few inches.

Very bouncy.. but not so bouncy you have to put things in lockers. The Kong Ride in Hollywood is mostly screen, but Orlando's is more in depth with the Jeep effects. The vehicle does tend to move but not as severe as say Spiderman or Transformers

YEa it moves around quite a bit but nothing too jarring as from what i recall there are no restraints. so nothing that would throw you from your seat or anything msotly jostling around and little bounces

If you are familiar with what was Earthquake or Disaster, you have a great idea of what to expect, as far as movement goes.

Perfect description.

Also, I suggest you ask to be sat in the middle, or back row area, as if you're in the front you will not be able to see anything (make this mistake my first round) and will be overwhelmed with trying to look back and forth. If you're in the middle, or back, you'll be able to take in your surroundings more and be able to see the ride a lot better. Also, if you ask to sit in a certain row that has no one in it yet you'll be on the end and be able to see Kong the best. Also, that way if you do move you don't move against someone else, or at least if you do it'll be only one side, not both. That's mainly personal preference, as I just personally feel better not sandwiched in between people.

The movement is not that bad. It is not as loud as Dinosaur.
If you are worried about motion sickness - it was fine for me and I get sick from watching video games. ;)

I found the last row of Kilimanjaro safaris to be as bouncey as this ride. It’s no so bouncey that I even remember it really. I’m an official ride wimp.

You’ve been now I believe?

How was it for your group.........

The little ones were afraid so they stayed in the play area across from Jurassic Park but the rest of us rode us. None of us liked the queue, but the attraction was well-done and nobody got sick. haha!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter