King Kong Closing For Ever !!

JacksBack!!

Mouseketeer
This rumor is from screamscape.com, and if its true it will send shock waves through millions of fans and will start a boycott Ten times greater then Mr. Toads Wild Ride.

Park News & Rumors - (9/3/2001) To be fair, I have no idea how solid the following info is, so take it with a grain of salt. The latest rumor on the block from a good source is that Kongfrontation may be taking it’s last riders on October 4th, just before they close it down for the Halloween Haunt Bloodbath nightclub set. The rumor went on to say that at a management meeting it was revealed that the ride would not be reopening after Horror Nights are over. Nothing was mentioned as a replacement either I’m afraid. Can anyone confirm or deny this please?

If they're going to close anything down it should be Earthquake IMHO. I've heard rumours that Kong is a very expensive ride to maintain, so perhaps that is the reason behind the closedown? It will be a shame if Kong does make his final appearance in October. I for one will miss him but at least I'll get to pay my respects on my next visit Sept 20- October 4!

Even though when you think about it the ride is an amazing feet. It has two 40 foot Kongs, and the theme is amazing. It actually feels like your in New York City. There is so much to look at on this ride. Plus Kink Kong is a trade mark of Universal Orlando, his pictures is in the Parking garage for peet sakes.

But on the other hand the ride is a little boring. Just stop and look at the peoples faces when they get off the ride. They all have that stupified look on there face, as though they were ecpecting more. We all know that kong is not worth a line over 15 min long.

And we know Kong is not in Universals long term plans because Universal Japan did not open with this attraction this year. Instead New Yorks main attraction is T2. If kong is closed New York will become a wast land and will be home to no attractions. The whole area will be there for nothing. Why bother have the New York Theme with no Kong? They have already taken Ghostbusters away form New York, and now Kong? I hope not.

To full apriciate Kong though you must see the attraction from the floor level. I first realized this last year at Halloween Horror Nights when I looked up with my mouth wide open to see a 40 foot tall monster standing over my head with fire balls comming from the back ground. It actually felt like I was in a movie. Hopefully you will all see what I am talking about this halloween during the blood bath underneath the Brooklin Bridge.

And What happens if Kong does close for ever? Will they destroy the building? Will they Build a brand new attraction? Will they not destroy the building and build the attraction inside the building? Or will they just let the attraction stay there and rott for years and years, Just like the Unusual Driving Machienes at IOA, or Dragons Fire at Busch Gardens Williamsburg?

In my oppion this is just a stupid rumor that got messed up. I think that kong may just be going down for a rehab, and Not closing for ever. At least I hope I am right. Because even though I only ride this attraction maybe two times a year even though I work at Universal, I still do not want to see a classic dark ride like this dissapear into the land of theme park attractions of the lost, just like Ghostbusters, the Driving Machienes, Mr. Toad, the Psycho House, and of course the Dynamite Stunt Spatacular.

Oh no..not my Kong ride..to me this is what Universal is all about riding the movies...I sure hope this is wrong!!!.....:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Kong is scheduled to be closed for five weeks during the HHN run. It will used as a haunted house and will not operate as the Kong attraction during that time.

Originally posted by Earl
Kong is scheduled to be closed for five weeks during the HHN run. It will used as a haunted house and will not operate as the Kong attraction during that time.

earl the bane of rumors everywhere we thank you:D

But Earl doesn't specifically say it will reopen after those 5 weeks.

Well there goes another rumor down the drain. I am glad the rumor was false because I cant see Universal with out Kong.

The only thing we got out of this is that Kong will be closed for 5 weeks. So visiters sould mark that on their calender, so they will know kong will not be open in October.

CRAP! I thought this was a chance to but a great attraction in a big building. I was hoping for something to make me spend a couple hours away from IOA. Oh well maybe USF will build something somewhere else. Hey maybe a few buildings over at Earthquake ;) Please just do something with one (or both) of these rides :pinkbounc

Exactly what dates will Kong be closed? We will be visiting USF for the first time on 10/14 and my DS's were looking forward to riding Kong. So was I!!!

So i take it that none of your guys have heard the rumor that a "The Mummy" dark ride is replacing Kong?

I'm almost afraid to open my mouth because i dont want that rumor snowballing into something that it doesnt need to be.

...Museum of Ancient History--- thats all i have to say!

Kong was a great ride, but with things like MIB, T2, Twister, Spiderman, and CITH all around it the ride really has lost its credibility. The same goes for Jaws and Earthquake. Although I really wouldn't want to see these rides leave because they are trademarks to the park and I couldn't think of it any other way. Also I would hate to see Earthquake go, because Golden Gate Transit is a real commuter in San Fran called Bart and I used to ride Bart(Bay area rapid transit) to every Oakland A's home game. Also all the routes pictured in the station and on the train are the real ones from San Fran. It holds a centimental value to me considering I was at the Giants-A's game World Series when the quake accured.

But really though if we lost rides like Earthquake, Jaws, and Kong you could still ride the originals in Cali where they are meant to be, and Orlando could get some new amazing rides. I shutter to think what Universal could do with Gladiator, The Fast and The Furious, U571, and lets not forget the Mummy. I drool at the thought of a submarine battle competition. Or a race through the streets of LA or NYC at 80mph. As for Mummy the only thing I'm going to say is revolving motion base, trackless, 3-D, live actors, and never the same ride twice.

I LOVE Kong! I was more impressed this year than last. One of the little neat things is looking in the windows of the buildings. It has the unexpected drops and fire and of course Kong himself. Long live Kong!!

Nan

Just got back yesterday and I must admit, I seem to be the only one in my family of 4 that enjoyed Kong and Earthquake. My kids really thought those two rides were boring. Of course not much outside of IOA was exciting to them. They really did enjoy Twister and Back to the Future.

Let's just say the family put up with USF for my benefit. They just kept wanting to return to IOA for one more ride on Dueling Dragons and the Hulk!

Judy :)

Nothing more than rumors!!!
No one has ever heard anything regarding Kong shutting down/changing theme until now.
Nickelodeon, Hanna-Barbara, sure... but Kong???
There's no smoke on this one anywhere.
Kong is still popular, why take it out?
Argggh!!!
Rumors are fun, as long as there is some logic to them,
but out of the blue make believe stuff is really boring.
Come on Guys, if your gonna make this stuff up do a little homework.
Put your fake rumor/ride somewhere that has some connections.
Herc & Xena's Building is looking for a tennant, Hanna-Barbara has been talked about closing for awhile now, and there's that great space where Apollo 13 was going to be built in between MIB and Barney. You know, the space behind BTTF that the Jurassic Park ride was going into before IOA was planned.
And IOA still needs that Jeep ride or Helicoptours in Jurassic Park or Maybe before Christmas that Disneyland, Matterhorn-esque Mt.Crumpitt can be built so that the Grinch can really be celebrated. And if they really want something special that clackety wooden rollercoaster should finally get o.k.'d to go in over by the Flying Unicorn so that the neighbors have something else to talk about. Or better yet, let's surprise them at the next homeowner's association meeting with plans for some World's First Flying Coaster that they won't really understand until they see it and make IOA build another wonderfully themed and attractive 60 foot tall fence.
There's lot's of other rumors out there that take priority before before we start making up new ride rumors to build so let's all focus on one at a time please.
HAVE FUN

I laughed too, great rumor reset.

Hey, what if they don't do anything next year, but open the new hotel?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter