• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

King Kong Closing For Ever !!

I suggest if you like/love a particular attraction, let your voices be heard. If you see someone taking a poll in the parks, don't dismiss them, take the time to answer a few questions. These surveys are taken very, very seroiusly.

During my first two visits to US in 1992 and 1996, Kongfrontation was out of action - broken down both times, I seem to remember.

The first time I got to ride it was in 1998 and I think it's just incredible. Such an amazing feat of engineering (no wonder it keeps breaking down). I think Jaws is boring and cheesy, and Earthquake is just boring. Kong is the first ride I head for now. I love MiB and T2, but I think Kong gives them a run for their money - pretty impressive when you consider its age. BTTF is definitely looking tired to me, as is ET - both cutting edge in their time.

as they all were cutting edge at their time, 99% of disneys rides are outdated. And they still give a good thrill. Well not a thrill-lets say a warm fuzzy feeling.

...is now the update from Screamscape.com
Kong is set to Re-Open after HHN in early November
HAVE FUN

Shoot! I finally convinced my kids it wasn't really a scary ride.:rolleyes: Oh well, I wonder if they'll let you take your own picture in front of the griant Kong in the gift shop?

You won't be able to. The sign says a special light will go off when you take a flash photo. It will ruin your picture.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter