***Kids Book Exchange Sent/Recieved***COMPLETED

Both Brandon and Shayla have recieved their packages today. Shayla is taking a nap, so I will post later on what she had recieved. But Brandon had gotten his exchange from-Elle-MickeyMamma's DD-
*Pooh's First Colors bathtub book
*Pooh's First Numbers bathtub book
*Farm Animals-we've lost our baby Turn and Learn book
*A cute little Sluggers cap
*2-101 Silly Sing-A-Long tapes. Brandon will love listening to these as well as his sister since they both enjoy music.

Thank you very much Elle for a great exchange. :woohoo:

Ilse received her exchange today from Maureen AKA Maureenmouse DD Sabrina, they send:

:) Nice Postcard

:) The Sisterhood of the traveling pants :banana: ( she loved the movie and wanted the book, this was perfect)

:) Hidden Pictures mini book

:) First Snow book, we loved the cover, is like a shaker with snow flakes.

:) Christmas Treasure

:) Angel Trumpet A civil war mystery

:) Princess in training

:) Mini note key chain

:) Smilie face key chain

:) Clip on page dragonfly bookmark

:) Stickers

:) Necklace pen

Thank you so much for everything Maureen, these books are just perfect for her, and I hope we got everything, because the envelope was open :confused3 I don't know how but it was open. Thanks

Ilse and Roxy.

Shawny received her exchange today from Katey, DD of PrincessParty, they send:

:) Cute Cinderella note

:) Hillary Duff pen :thumbsup2

:) High School Musical book :banana:

:) Cheetah Girls Notebook :yay:

:) Cheetah Girls 2 Book, "Cheetah Chatter" :woohoo:

:) Hannah Montana book, " Face off"

:) Popcorn Gum

:) Mini Flashlight Key chain

Thank you so much! I hope I got everything, Shawny opened packages like crazy today and left things here and there, please let me know if I left anything out.

Shawny was so happy about the Cheetah girls stuff, we have tickets for their concert next month and she's just crazy about them, she also looooveeeess the high school musical, and Hannah Montana :crazy: I think we had watched that movie 100 times, she also loved the pen, Hillary Duff is her Idol too.

Thanks.

Shawny and Roxy.

PixieDust32 said:
Shawny received her exchange today from Katey, DD of PrincessParty, they send:

:) Cute Cinderella note

:) Hillary Duff pen :thumbsup2

:) High School Musical book :banana:

:) Cheetah Girls Notebook :yay:

:) Cheetah Girls 2 Book, "Cheetah Chatter" :woohoo:

:) Hannah Montana book, " Face off"

:) Popcorn Gum

:) Mini Flashlight Key chain

Thank you so much! I hope I got everything, Shawny opened packages like crazy today and left things here and there, please let me know if I left anything out.

Shawny was so happy about the Cheetah girls stuff, we have tickets for their concert next month and she's just crazy about them, she also looooveeeess the high school musical, and Hannah Montana :crazy: I think we had watched that movie 100 times, she also loved the pen, Hillary Duff is her Idol too.

Thanks.

Shawny and Roxy.

Roxy, how much did you pay for your Cheetah Girls concert tickets? I had read really outrageous prices on what other people had to pay for them.

mommytotwo said:
Roxy, how much did you pay for your Cheetah Girls concert tickets? I had read really outrageous prices on what other people had to pay for them.

OMG! The things we do for our kids. Well, the tickets came on sale last month, the 25th I think, Target had a pre-sale with a code but I didnt get them then because we wanted to be closer to the stage :crazy: and Shawny had invited 2 friends also, anyway, we went to the store that day right on time to get the tickets, and in less than 15 minutes most of the tickets were GONE!!! :sad2: we needed 6 and we could find them all together, then the girl told me that we could get all the tickets on the same section but on different rows, so I said YES! That would be better than nothing, so we did, we got 1 ticket on A another on B right behind.
It make me so angry that most of the tickets are on E-BAY for about $500.00, :furious: people got a bunch of tickets to re-sale them and make money, and I think is so wrong.

We paid about $47.00 pero ticket.

It is sad that people would sell them for such outrageous prices, but on the other hand, there are people that will pay anything for them, so those sellers are able to get away with it. :sad2:
Hope you all have fun.
Shayla would love to go to a Cheetah Girls concert, even though she is only 4, she loves to sing their songs and watch their movies.

mommytotwo said:
It is sad that people would sell them for such outrageous prices, but on the other hand, there are people that will pay anything for them, so those sellers are able to get away with it. :sad2:
Hope you all have fun.
Shayla would love to go to a Cheetah Girls concert, even though she is only 4, she loves to sing their songs and watch their movies.

I know, I was so angry because we cannot pay that amount of money for a pair of tickets! And people take know that some parents would do anything for their kids, the prices were low so everybody can go and see the concert, it was so sad to see girls crying that day at the store becasue they didn't get tickets. Shawny wasn't so happy that she wasn't going be close to the stage or next to her friends but we had no choice.

The good thing is that the cheetah girls and the Hannah Montana are staying in the hotel where David works, so maybe we get lucky and can see them there.

Ohh poor Shayla, I know all girls love them. We can get her a poster or any souvenier from the concert.

Awww thank you Roxy.
If you are able to get a hold of a poster, then let me know how much I owe you for it and postage. Shayla would be sooo excited. But I am sure that the lines to buy things will be long, so it's fine if you aren't able to get it. I won't mention it to Shayla, so if it does come to her, then it will be a surprise.

Hope your girls gets to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph of all of them. Remember, tell them not to stalk them :rotfl: .

Shayla woke up and opened her exchange.
She had recieved it from-J&D's daughter-Jenna.
She had gotten-
*Fairy things to make and do-this is such a neat book and Shayla and I will have such fun making different projects.
*The New Baby
*Going to School
And a Disney Princess candy necklace set.

Thank you very much Jenna and Jen. The books are a very good choice for Shayla so that she can understand more about her baby brother and of how it will be when she goes to school.

mommytotwo said:
Awww thank you Roxy.
If you are able to get a hold of a poster, then let me know how much I owe you for it and postage. Shayla would be sooo excited. But I am sure that the lines to buy things will be long, so it's fine if you aren't able to get it. I won't mention it to Shayla, so if it does come to her, then it will be a surprise.

Hope your girls gets to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph of all of them. Remember, tell them not to stalk them :rotfl: .

LOL! :rotfl: I know. The security guys at the hotel is our Friend and he will let us know if is OK with their security tour people, you never know, Shawny doesn't know, just in case, we don't want her to be dissapointed if we can't see them.

Oh don't worry, I have experience in concert and Disney on Ice souvenir line, we go there before the show, or during the show when no one is shopping :rotfl: BYW Disney on ice is coming Oct 25, we might go too.

D27_princess_top.jpg

mommytotwo said:
That sounds like fun.
Do people dress up in character costumes and skate?

Yes, they do like a story, like a mini movie, with music and the skate and dance, its so much fun, we go every year. Last year was the Incredibles, before that was Nemo and so on.

MariDisney said:
Caroline was thrilled to come home from her 1st day of second grade to find
an AMAZING box from Cora. There were SEVEN chapter books (woooo hoooo!!!!) including some Amber Brown and other great titles. One of Caroline's homework assignments this school year is to keep a reading log every night. Needless to say that she began reading one of her new books immediately and has already prioritized the order in which she'll be reading the other books Believe me, it was hard for her to decide what will be last because they all looked so wonderful to her. As if the chapter books weren't enough (and believe me, they were) the box also included a Highlight's hidden picture book, which Caroline ADORES, a Pooh card game AND a Tigger note book. Completely AMAZING!!!! So, Caroline sends many thanks to Cora and family for the fantastic exchange!! :) :cool1:

On a related not, I was late mailing our box to Ethan (tried to get to the PO last week, but the road was completely flooded, as I let Patsy know). So, it went out today, and he should have it by Thursday I'd think. Sorry for the delay, Ethan!! :guilty:

Our first exchange has been a great experience...we hope to do it again soon!

Editing because Caroline just came out with the cute "3D" little girl bookmark that was also in the package, which I forgot to mention. Again, this was above and beyond! :cheer2:

I loved sending this package out! It's wonderful to see so many kids get this excited about books. My kids both love Amber Brown books, I hope Caroline enjoys them too. Cora really wanted Caroline to get the tink book, Cora has the same book, and really enjoyed it. Right now we are reading the next one in the disney fairy series and after that we will dive into her new Nancy Drew mystery, courtesy of Ashlynn and Jessica. (thanks again! :) )

:wizard: Here's some PD in hopes that someone recieves a package in the mail today!! :wizard:

Roxy,

I'm glad that Ilse received her books and liked them. The young adult section is so difficult for me to choose from as my girls are still young. I teach Middle School and asked a few girls what they like to read, so I was hoping they'd be o.k. Mt students are lower functioning and don't read chapter books, so I was a bit clueless. I think everything go to Ilse. Sorry about the open package. I have no idea why. You might like reading the Sisterhood book as well. It's really a good book and in my opinion better than the movie.
Maureen

Maureenmouse said:
Roxy,

I'm glad that Ilse received her books and liked them. The young adult section is so difficult for me to choose from as my girls are still young. I teach Middle School and asked a few girls what they like to read, so I was hoping they'd be o.k. Mt students are lower functioning and don't read chapter books, so I was a bit clueless. I think everything go to Ilse. Sorry about the open package. I have no idea why. You might like reading the Sisterhood book as well. It's really a good book and in my opinion better than the movie.
Maureen

Oh don't worry Maureen about the open pack, I just wanted to let you known in case I didn't mentioned something.

Thank You, I might read it, and you guys did so good picking the books for her.

Any other arrivals today?

I was thinking about starting a kids activity exchange....I have done this before and the kids seemed to really enjoy it. You can send your partner craft kits, coloring books, bubbles, sidewalk chalk, magic kits, cooking items.... would your kids be interested in this?

My two boys love coloring, drawing, playdough & bubbles, so that exchange would be great for them. You can count me in.

AlexWyattMommy said:
My two boys love coloring, drawing, playdough & bubbles, so that exchange would be great for them. You can count me in.

I will make a post and we will see how many participants will join us.
My daughter does not yet go to school, so we have been finding for things that she can do, especially things that will get her ready for school and she loves crafts.

Can't see that my send out has been received yet but I suppose it's got further to go than the others :sunny:

Carys is really looking forward to receiving her exchange. :cheer2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter