Kidcot To "Retire" "Duffy On A Stick"

ose.

It probably has been like this forever, but has Kidcot always been sponsored by Ziplock? I noticed the little signs this time - definitely could have overlooked them in the past though.

News to me. I've been to every KidCot spot since the inception and I've never seen a sponsor. Ziploc. Interesting.

News to me. I've been to every KidCot spot since the inception and I've never seen a sponsor. Ziploc. Interesting.

Like I said, I could have walked by these signs 100 times before and never noticed. ??

3813A9E7-9A95-448A-B013-83FD23925AFC.jpeg

We were there this week and saw the Ziploc thing - asked my daughter if that was there in May and we're sure it wasn't. I wonder if the replacement for Duffy will be a big ol Ziploc bag to carry our purchases around. lol

My younger daughter loves Duffy and Shellie Mae, and both girls enjoyed coloring Duffy-on-a-stick. If they have to take him away, I would be on-board with Figment as a replacement! :figment:

Ooh yes! I'd be on board for this.

I was there in April - I never noticed the Ziploc sponsorship. Maybe I'm just not that observant??

On pins and needles to see what's replacing Duffy! Ha. We're headed down in August, and my fingers are crossed it's something my 5 yo niece will like - it's her first time there! (Not as a baby)

I'd be ok if they just retired duffy... period.

I really don't get the bear thing :confused3 It's not like there weren't kid friendly characters pre-duffy...

Am I the only one hoping it’s something not on a stick? Carrying around a stick is kinda a pain in the rear, especially once you’re stroller-less.
yes! I hated that damn stick. I think a nice little booklet would be perfect :)

I cannot see them doing a passport booklet since they already sell the passport in the gift shops. I think a map would work and they would already have a examples with the Remy, Easter Egg, Pollination and Painting Masters. The Kidcot Ambassadors could stamp the front and write on back and if they brought back the charms place a little envelope to keep them with the map.

oooooh i hope all the Duffy masks are gone in the next week then - we are heading there on Saturday for 2 weeks, I will be stopping by each Epcot Day to check it out :)

Was I seeing things Sunday? I swore I saw a Duffy on a stick hanging up over the table in Italy. I even commented to my DD on how Disney was supposed to be stopping them. She said figured, it's free.

Before Duffy wasn't it in lines with a passport? I seem to remember my youngest doing something like that, she's going on 26 now

Before Duffy wasn't it in lines with a passport? I seem to remember my youngest doing something like that, she's going on 26 now

Yes! My daughter (32 now) did this. You bought a $6 passport that came with a button to wear and had it stamped in all the countries. Before they were called "Kidcot" they did have tables set up with various crafts... maybe I'm thinking of the mask thing around the Tapestry of Nations parade... but I remember the cms in Morocco teaching kids how to write their names in Arabic.

2F375D09-7DC1-4C82-A5C0-01F05E92F42C.jpeg Does anyone else remember this book?

It was pre-Duffy, when he went by Disney Bear. We bought the book on a whim at the MCO Disney Store - we saw it before going through security but didn’t buy it. After getting to our gate I couldn’t stop thinking about it so we left our DS with my parents so DH and I could go back out to get it! We cut it close to boarding after having to getting back through security! It’s been a family favorite for years... DS picked up a Disney Bear wearing jammies from a cart in Frontierland on our next trip.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter