Kidcot To "Retire" "Duffy On A Stick"

I apologize. I couldn't figure out who he was. I'm not familiar with the movie, I guess.

The mask on a stick had the stamps, too, but also die cuts that represented each country. I guess I was put off when I saw the stuffed versions of Duffy for sale promoting the KidCot activity.
LOL... No, not at all. Totally the other way around. Duffy was put in the Kidcot activity stations to promote the stuffed versions that came from the story. He's immensely popular at Tokyo Disney. Might even out rank Mickey

You can find his book with the origin story around where they sell him.

I thought that the masks tied into the afternoon parade in the late 90s. They were fun and sappy sentimental me has kept a lot of them.
I'm hoping for something new. Duffy was not a character alot of people identified with. His story is cute, but not well known.

I hope the stuffed versions are sticking around, along with their outfits. I have several I still want. Yes, I do change my Duffy's clothes.
I love the stuffed animals too. But more importantly, with some modifications, I can get the Duffy costumes to fit on my 18" doll collection! haha

Any update about Duffy ? We are going to EPCOT Sunday and my son is still hoping to get his Duffy...

My younger daughter loves Duffy and Shellie Mae, and both girls enjoyed coloring Duffy-on-a-stick. If they have to take him away, I would be on-board with Figment as a replacement! :figment:

Just back, and on Sunday Duffy was still there. Both my kids got them and made it all the way around the world. We asked 3 different countries CMs and they said the replacement would be in effect on 7/5 but that even they did not know what it was going to be.

Anyone hit kidcot today or yesterday and can share what the new ‘character on a stick’ is?

Awww, this makes me sad. We were never big Duffy fans until last year. Our WDW trip was postponed because of Harvey (we're in Houston). "We" are me, my daughter and my 4 y.o. g-babydoll. When we finally got to go a week later, DME lost our luggage. Went to the gift shop at ASMo to get jammies, toothbrushes, etc and asked about story books, because g-baby needs a story before bed. All they had was the Duffy story so we got it. When we checked out, CM Barbara :hug: not only gave us the pj's and book for free, she threw in an actual Duffy Bear. He's very much loved around here. We were there when Irma hit, too, so he got extra lovin' those days the parks were closed. Going again this Sept and you can bet Duffy's going with. ::yes::

Phew, when I initially read this thread title I thought they were getting rid of anything on a stick period! Thankful they aren't doing that - it's the only thing that really keeps our kids going through the WS. They can't wait to get to the next country to see the stamp and what the CM will write/draw on their stick!

We're not partial to Duffy, he's cute but like some have said, a lot of people don't really know who he is! I'm interested to see what will be the replacement - hopefully something fun that kids will be interested in and know of!!

Still had Duffy as of Friday evening. :-)

Almost made it to every country before Illuminations started. So close.

It probably has been like this forever, but has Kidcot always been sponsored by Ziplock? I noticed the little signs this time - definitely could have overlooked them in the past though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter