Kick Start You Cruise Vacation Tasting

Wife and I attended this tasting on our last cruise.
Of course the staff were great.
The drinks offered was not my cup of tea.
Would not do it again, but we tried something new.

It's available on my January cruise. $38/person - two alcoholic drinks only plus non-alcoholic and 30 minutes in length. Not worth it IMO. The other tastings are much better for the price. For $38 I can buy a couple of glasses of champagne which is probably what I'll do; even the 1 hour champagne tasting on embarkation day is $38/person. Maybe if it was half that price, I'd consider it.

Pool bar had the 1/2 price Bloody Marys and Mimosas before 12 on the Dream in September but they weren't really advertised I just asked.

This is a crazy price for what you get. Those juices must be mad overpriced if you buy them separately.

I just looked, it is available for my cruise in 3 weeks, but I'm not a big juice fan; I think I can just get a mimosa and save some of the $. I do want to do some tastings but all the ones I wanted were gone when I was booking (silver); hopefully next year when I go on the Fantasy as gold I can get a couple of those. I just have to "settle" for a mixology class this time. ;)
I just booked my stuff for my cruise as a gold and everything was available! something to look forward to.

I booked wine tasting, mixology and liquor and chocolate. Wanted to book more but also need to be sober sometimes!

Saw this on our upcoming cruise. Found a short video for it on YouTube and it just seemed very average. Booked it initially but from that video and like others have stated it is to entice you for the juice bar and not with it to me. Booked the Prima Notte on the first day instead.

That’ll be a no for me. I don’t do Bloody Marys (or anything with tomato juice or anything looking like it - blech 🤢). So it would only be the mimosa and MAYBR the non-alcoholic ones (though with my luck they are probably melon or cucumber based).

We tried it our last cruise and it was a huge miss for us. So IMO you aren’t missing anything! And IMO I think you will feel your money will be better spent! :) have fun!

The original post was from 2019 so I'm guessing OP has moved on but, I guess for posterity's sake and anyone who digs up this thread later wondering the same thing...we also did the Kick Start Your Day (on the Fantasy) and I found everything except the mimosa undrinkable. The smoothies were, to me at least, very off-putting. Would not recommend.

That’s a good price for Bloody Mary’s! Tell me more! Where on the ship do they serve them and what time in the morning?! Thank you:)
The Bloody Mary in that tasting is very similar to the one offered in Palo. Very fresh, not at all like drinking a mix. I‘m a fan of BM’s and love when they have the “build your own” poolside on sea days, however, I’m not sure they’re offered on every cruise. I also bring my own ingredients and just buy the alcohol at the bar.

The tastings used to be a good deal but in the last 5 years the prices have jumped up substantially.
I posted on this originally and noticed in 2019 I paid $25 pp for Mixology - it is now $50 - Disney see it as a cash grab from the adults since there is no drink plan and minimal adult activities. We are taking MIL on our next cruise with us and when we lined up tastings it it was adding up to around $650 and that was for only 2 of the 3 of us at each tasting. We are probably cancelling most of them except the 2 she mentioned she really wanted to do. For anything else we will find a good bar and buy the full drinks and share to taste.

We cruised NCL in 2020 and there was so much adult stuff to do I didn't even miss the tastings. They also offered drink flights at the bars so you could try different one - like the mini martini flight (6 different cocktails in mini martini glasses) and whiskey flights. Those only cost $20 and were so worth it. Disney needs to take some lessons from other cruise lines.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter