Keys to the Kingdom Tour - too long?

freshstart19

Mouseketeer
Hello! We're heading to Orlando next Tuesday. Our first night will be spent at our first Halloween party. I was looking for something to do on our second day that didn't involve getting out the door so early since we'll be at MK late the night before. The 10am Keys to the Kingdom tour is available. DD16 is a Disney history buff. For example, she can tell you the actress was who played the original songs for Snow White and the year. I was thinking she would love a tour. DH is worried that 5 hours is too long. From the description, I can't get a feel for the 5 hours. For those who have gone it, did the tour sustain your interest for that length of time. I know there is a lunch break. I was hoping to find a tour which involved costuming since DD16 is into musical theater but the one I found was very, very expensive.

I found it fascinating and not a minute too long. DH also loved it and he’s not a huge Disney person. We had a great guide, Joseph, and I easily could have listened to him for a few more hours!

It really does go by pretty fast, IMO. If your hubby is not that interested, maybe just your daughter and you can do the tour. He can meet up with you after.

If you're a Disney buff not too long (frankly I would have been fine with a few more hours!) And you ride a few rides and get lunch as well. And as an NY musical theater person - not sure if any of the tours down there would really be great for her interest.

It's a good mix of rides and behind the scenes with lunch in the middle. I never felt bored when I did it last year and you don't really stop in one place for too long. When we were in the utilidors you could see some of the costume storage which might interest your daughter but you don't go inside.

When you're there, it's hard to believe that five hours has passed even accounting for lunch. There's so much information and you go so many places that the time just flies by. We were never bored.

Last edited:
We did this tour last December and absolutely loved it. It didn't feel like five hours at all. I highly recommend this tour to anyone interested in a behind the scenes look at the Magic Kingdom.

Just keep in mind that it's hot and you are mostly outside. I enjoyed it a lot but was really wiped out by the heat in the backstage areas. I want to try it again in a cooler time.

I went with a friend in January, a 40 year old male who is not a Disney fanatic, but enjoy history and facts. We really liked it and did not feel that it was too long.

I have a short attention span but loved it! The 5 hours wasn’t too long. The rides and lunch break it up. I did it solo and met up with my family in MK afterwards.

Based on what you said about your DD, I think she will love it. I agree with others, maybe you and DD should do it without DH and meet up with him afterwards!

DH and I took this tour May 2019 and we loved it. He is 70 and I am 65. Our guide offered times to sit down while she spoke and answered questions during the tour. The lunch was a nice break in the AC and we found shade to stand in whenever the guide stopped the tour in the sun to explain something. The portable mics that each person was given worked great and we did not have to be very close to the guide at all times. The time flew by, was very interesting and we felt worth every minute. I will tell you that I was ready to head back to our resort for a rest when the tour was over, but we are older Disney lovers and that is just life. :)

The only part that I thought dragged a little was the section where you viewed the parade floats and storage. Other than that, the five hours flew by.

It's really fun and flies by. You also go on Haunted Mansion and have lunch. We always find ourselves looking for go away green buildings. Stuff we completely missed until they pointed it out to us in the tour. Highly recommend. We plan on doing it again sometime.

I agree with others. You & daughter go. Have hubby go fishing, or golf, or whatever else he is interested in. There is SO much to do at WDW. The tour is great, and your daughter will probably enjoy it very much. The Utilidors alone are worth it, but there is a lot of interesting material presented that you may never have noticed or thought about.

This tour is a must do if you're at all interested in how this business operates and it's history. Loved it. Every time the DW and I pass the "secret door" we used to go down into the utillidors, we have to point it out to one another an giggle "we've been in that secret door!"

Not at all! I found myself wishing I had taken the all-day one because the time went by so fast!

Just keep in mind that it's hot and you are mostly outside. I enjoyed it a lot but was really wiped out by the heat in the backstage areas. I want to try it again in a cooler time.
^THIS^

DW and I did it three years ago, loved every second of it, but needed to go back to the hotel and take a nap after we were done.

Agree on the time flying by. Very enjoyable. Our guide kept us in the shade as much as possible and pointed out places to sit so I wasn’t was wiped as some others have reported.

My DD turns 16 next year and has been begging to do this tour for ages. Can’t wait to take her back for it.

DH and I did the tour. I would definitely recommend it. I did, however, think it was a little long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter