Key West to Old Key West Day 14

tony64

<font color=blue>Should've been a Cowboy<br><font
Key West to Old Key West Day 14
Saturday 24th November
We started the day with coffee then packed some more of our stuff before heading to Dennys for breakfast. They had a Hobbit promotion going on as The Hobbit was due for release next month. I had the Hobbit breakfast - a sausage skillet

and Theresa had a Hobbit Hole - eggs in a toasted bun with hash browns and bacon.

It was all very nice and we were given two packs of Hobbit collectors cards so we saved them to give to our nephew, Kieran, as he is a real Hobbit fan.

Theresa popped into Joannes, as she had another voucher, and got a few more things to go with her secret Santa presents and I got a Seminoles sweatshirt from Marshalls before calling into Walmart to pick up a few bits to take home.

After that we headed for Bok Tower in Lake Wales.

We had a lovely time there walking around the house and gardens and listening to the Christmas carols being played in the Carillon Tower.

Theresa was really pleased to hear it play O Holy Night, her favourite carol. The Tower is 205 feet tall and stands on a hill which is 298 feet high, which makes it one of the highest places in Florida. The Tower is made of marble and is covered in tile mosaics, carving & iron work.

We walked the Pinewood Trail and toured the Pinewood House, which is a wonderful Mediterranean-style mansion.

We had to ask several people to take our picture before we found someone that could actually get us more or less central in the shot.

The house was beautifully decorated for Christmas, each room had been done in a different theme and we had to vote which room we liked the best.

For dinner tonight we had intended on going to The Columbia in Celebration but it was the 1st night of the snowfall and the place was heaving. We couldnt get parked anywhere so we turned around and said wed try another night. We ended up eating at The Santa Fe steak house which is just outside our resort on the 535.

We were so pleased we did, we had a lovely meal. They have a bucket of peanuts on the table and serve lovely warm soft rolls with a cinnamon butter. I had a fillet steak with loaded jacket potato and a bowl of chilli while Theresa had the Hickory smoked ribs with loaded jacket and steamed veg.

We really liked this bench which was outside the restaurant.

The bill came to $43 + Tip. Well eat here again as its now firmly on our favourites list.

We went back to the resort and tided up, packed a few more bits and watched a bit of TV. We shared the Peppermint bark cheesecake and it was sooo good.

When we got home to England Joh made her own peppermint bark cheesecake with the Ghirardellis peppermint bark we took home for her and it was every bit as good as the Cheesecake factory one.

Tone, I love the fact that you make my cooking skills out to be so much better than they are :rotfl: It's always nice when someone appreciates your cooking though, thank you :hug:

The steak at Santa Fe looks great, will you stop giving me more ideas for places to eat in November - we've only got 6 nights and have at least twice that number of restaurants to fit in :guilty:

Tone, I love the fact that you make my cooking skills out to be so much better than they are :rotfl: It's always nice when someone appreciates your cooking though, thank you :hug:

The steak at Santa Fe looks great, will you stop giving me more ideas for places to eat in November - we've only got 6 nights and have at least twice that number of restaurants to fit in :guilty:

Well there is 1st breakfast, 2nd breakfast , lunch and dinner so you should be able to fit them all in. :thumbsup2

As for your cooking skills I only say it like it is. :goodvibes

Ooh can you share the peppermint bark cheesecake recipe and instructions to make it with me please? Xx

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter