• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

key did not work

spiceycat

dvc-blt
never had this happen to me before. but check in early (as usually) and then left to do other things - about 3 hours later got the phone call ask for phone calls as texting and I don't get along.

anyway when got to the room the key would not open it - yes it was the new locks but after trying a couple of times went back to front desk (this time at CR not BLT) and got a new key which did work.

anyone had this happen?

I have had it happen at other hotels on business......just the computer didnt put out the code correctly and/or the magnetic strip on the card didnt take the code correctly....no biggy

AKK

There are reports of keys being coded incorrectly and the batteries in the lock dying prematurely.

:earsboy: Bill

It happens to me when I get the card key next to my iPhone. Deactivates it. I've learned to not do that again.

Sandi; sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

The one time this has happened to me, the desk CM mistakenly coded my key for the wrong room. Did you make a placement request at check-in by any chance?

THis happened to us when we checked in to BLT on 9/15. We are a family of 6 so we had 6 keys. None worked. I went back down and the guy said they were "cut wrong" and needed to be re-cut. So he told me to throw away the others and he handed me 6 more keys. Go back up and none of those worked either. I went back down and one of the CM's went with me to the room and let us in. They had to have some guy from engineering come up and work on our door. After about 30 mins, he couldn't get the card reader to work so he sent maintenance up and they took the thing apart and installed a new one. As the engineering guy was standing there trying to fix it, he was getting called to go to another room where the same problem was occurring.

never had this happen to me before. but check in early (as usually) and then left to do other things - about 3 hours later got the phone call ask for phone calls as texting and I don't get along.

anyway when got to the room the key would not open it - yes it was the new locks but after trying a couple of times went back to front desk (this time at CR not BLT) and got a new key which did work.

anyone had this happen?

This happened to my DH's key when we stayed at BLT on our last trip. He went down to the temporary check-in desk at BLT and explained his problem to the CMs they then called over to CR to confirm that we were indeed guests at the resort. After that they had printed out a new key for him and it worked perfectly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter