Keeping Ukraine in our thoughts and prayers here

This thread is not for this type of conversation.

First, I want to that I apologize if my comments were too political, I didn’t mean to offend. I only offered what I thought was obvious and something that IMHO we should all be thinking about. Unfortunately, war is political and there doesn’t appear to be an easy answer to the situation in Ukraine.

I can only hope and pray that all the prayers being said for the safety of the Ukrainian people and for the world will be enough. Putin doesn’t strike me as the kind of person/leader to back down. He only seems to understand strength which unfortunately the other world leaders don’t seem to be exhibiting in huge quantities. I hope that changes and that there can be a peaceful resolution to this war in the very near future.

I won't post again to this thread. I hope the OP and the moderators will take my comments the way they were intended. Thank you.

First, I want to that I apologize if my comments were too political, I didn’t mean to offend. I only offered what I thought was obvious and something that IMHO we should all be thinking about. Unfortunately, war is political and there doesn’t appear to be an easy answer to the situation in Ukraine.

I can only hope and pray that all the prayers being said for the safety of the Ukrainian people and for the world will be enough. Putin doesn’t strike me as the kind of person/leader to back down. He only seems to understand strength which unfortunately the other world leaders don’t seem to be exhibiting in huge quantities. I hope that changes and that there can be a peaceful resolution to this war in the very near future.

I won't post again to this thread. I hope the OP and the moderators will take my comments the way they were intended. Thank you.
I understand, and agree, for sure. It’s just that if we want this to stay open, it has to remain as more of a human interest thread than a heavy political one. I appreciate it, and hope you don’t leave. It’s nice to be able to talk about some of the ways we can help, at least.

I think to me strength is not running in with bigger badder guns and bombs. Maybe the real strength lies in making sure that you inflict the most punishment you can on the aggressor without needless loss of thousands of more lives. And maybe the strength is in banding together to provide as much support as you can to the victims.

There isn’t one of us who doesn’t deep down want to see NATO countries flex their muscles and use force to end this conflict, but luckily cooler heads are prevailing and considering the immense human toll that would bring. What is happening in Ukraine is horrifying enough.

I can only hope and pray that all the prayers being said for the safety of the Ukrainian people and for the world will be enough
I just wanted to touch on this. I know that “thoughts and prayers” don’t always seem like much. But I happen to believe pretty strongly that they do mean something. I’ve read a lot of stories (and talked to people with firsthand experiences) about people who’ve clinically died and come back to tell about it. Some have described seeing thousands and thousands of ’beams of light’ (and similar descriptions) and asked what they were. They were told, “Those are prayers”. Perhaps they can influence something, somehow. That is my hope and belief, anyway.

That said, I thought I would put this here in case anyone wanted to use it. I am going to say it daily, if not more, and offer other prayers that I say regularly, as well.

A prayer for Ukraine
Loving God,
We pray for the people of Ukraine,
for all those suffering or afraid,
that you will be close to them and protect them.
We pray for world leaders,
for compassion, strength and wisdom to guide their choices.
We pray for the world
that in this moment of crisis,
we may reach out in solidarity
to our brothers and sisters in need.
May we walk in your ways
so that peace and justice
become a reality for the people of Ukraine
and for all the world.
Amen.

What do the people here think of Russia's latest request to give back Alaska and Fort Ross in California and the Antartics to Russia? https://nypost.com/2022/03/15/putins-spin-doc-wants-reparation-from-u-s-and-alaska-back/

It reminded me of the characteristics goblins have in the Harry Potter universe, when a goblin has made a sword, regardless who holds it, it will always be goblin property and should be returned to its rightful owners.

Russia basically says the same, eventhough the US has purchased Alaska, "We discovered it, therefore it is ours".

What do the people here think of Russia's latest request to give back Alaska and Fort Ross in California and the Antartics to Russia? https://nypost.com/2022/03/15/putins-spin-doc-wants-reparation-from-u-s-and-alaska-back/

It reminded me of the characteristics goblins have in the Harry Potter universe, when a goblin has made a sword, regardless who holds it, it will always be goblin property and should be returned to its rightful owners.

Russia basically says the same, eventhough the US has purchased Alaska, "We discovered it, therefore it is ours".
There are really no words for this. This guy sounds loony.

There are really no words for this. This guy sounds loony.
It would be funny if it weren't so tragic. That's the Russian stand on Ukraine as well. It used to be ours so we should have it. We don't care what Ukrainians want (as evidenced by free elections). We are absolutely sure they really want to come back to us. I think that's the reason their overwhelmingly bigger and better equipped army is being pummeled. They really believed there would be no fight.

https://www.kmbc.com/article/kansas-woman-helps-refugees-escape-ukraine/39444613
This is a woman (originally from Ukraine and with family and friends still there) from my area who has a gofundme page to help pay for drivers to get people across the borders of Ukraine including those who are disabled, have medical conditions and are elderly. The article talks about arranging a ride for a few who needed a special access vehicle due to being in a wheelchair for instance.

I was talking with my co-worker yesterday. She is from Ukraine and still has family there. They have not left and all are still alive. I asked her about if they were going to leave and come stay with them. She said it was more difficult then that to come here. She said it is not as easy to come here as it is to go to Poland. They have to jump through more hoops to be allowed to come to America. Something to do with our laws.

I was talking with my co-worker yesterday. She is from Ukraine and still has family there. They have not left and all are still alive. I asked her about if they were going to leave and come stay with them. She said it was more difficult then that to come here. She said it is not as easy to come here as it is to go to Poland. They have to jump through more hoops to be allowed to come to America. Something to do with our laws.
It seems many are able to come here via Mexico…
https://www.wsj.com/livecoverage/ru...ng-to-the-u-s-via-mexico-nbtwtB5wir9LnTgeFbQA

Good for them !

”Russia accused Canada on Thursday of childishly annotating a letter it sent at the United Nations seeking support for its draft resolution on providing aid access and civilian protection in Ukraine, which Ottawa reacted to with pointed comments”
85340B08-6232-4FF3-BB15-2C61759ED2B4.jpeg

Good for them !

”Russia accused Canada on Thursday of childishly annotating a letter it sent at the United Nations seeking support for its draft resolution on providing aid access and civilian protection in Ukraine, which Ottawa reacted to with pointed comments”
View attachment 655598
It's funny, but what I find even funnier is that Russia had to withdraw this crap because none of the usual suspects on the security council would support it. Not even China!

Last edited:
Good for them !

View attachment 655598

We’re not getting that permanent seat on the security council anytime soon. Funny, but I guess that head’s are going to roll for this.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter