Keeping Ukraine in our thoughts and prayers here

Well here's a surprise. Apparently even Russia is maybe) conceding that they did in fact bomb a maternity hospital.

I can't seem to post a link but it's on Reuters.

And because it is Russia, they said it was empty of civilians, despite real video taken of pregnant women being hauled away injured on stretchers.

I am new to this site but immediately gravitated towards this post. I am an active duty Marine of 20 years and fewer times in my life have I witnessed such bravery as being displayed by the people of Ukraine in the face of unmitigated atrocities by the Russians. The leadership in Ukraine is something that books should be written about and all of us can take a page from their courage. My heart and prayers are with the people who are suffering....

Boston Herald: Ukranians Fleeing War Can’t Leave Pets Behind

Russia_Ukraine_War_Pets_Photo_Gallery_08190.jpg

Last edited:
Speaking about donation efforts from earlier---

One of the citizens in my city is originally from Moldova. Her and her husband have created a GoFundMe page to help raise money for the purchasing of supplies for refugees going to Moldova. Moldova is getting more and more and because of their size and population are getting overwhelmed with needs for those refugees (I believe the government has put out a message for global aid). The woman who lives here her sister still lives in Moldova and is buying for those refugees "food, things like diapers, wipes, personal care items, all those kinds of things," so the $ donation is going to purchase those items.

This part got to me though reading the news story "what would we we do if we had to pick up and take our child to another country with nothing? What would we do?" It's just a punch in the gut because of course that thought has occurred over time and of course this is hardly the first time nor the last time but then..you really start to think about it..IDK sometimes you just have those moments where you put yourself in someone's very uncomfortable shoes and it hits you like a train wreck.

A friend of mine now lives in Berlin and has been volunteering at the train station, helping those arriving from Ukraine. They’ve done things like set up play areas for the kids. I’ve been donating directly through her as I know exactly where the money is going.

I'm wondering, has the US acceoted any Ukrainian refugees? I know the ones in this country got some protection against going back, but I'm not sure what else we did.

I'm wondering, has the US acceoted any Ukrainian refugees? I know the ones in this country got some protection against going back, but I'm not sure what else we did.

I think I heard Ohio was preparing to have Ukrainian refugees but I don't know the details.

I’m not sure but Canada is accepting an “unlimited number”. We also have a large Ukrainian population ( my husbands family original immigrated from Ukraine), so there will be a large community for them.

Last edited:
I do believe ones who do not consider themselves refugees can and have made their way here. That's just based on the article I posted a page or two back about that flag company. In it it said "Still, he was surprised by how many Kansas Citians have come in who are originally from Ukraine. He said heard from several customers early last week who were preparing for loved ones to arrive on flights" “And they were excited to go pick them up and they really wanted to have their flag, you know, at the airport,” Wald recalled."

But until your question I hadn't thought about whether the U.S. had formally announced about refugees en masse. Here's a recent article from the last few hours though that touches on it. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukrainian-refugees-immigration-united-states-cbs-news-explains/ In that article it does mention many are staying in Europe as it is closer and closer to Ukraine (I'm assuming should they be able to return they want to be close) and that makes sense. It goes on to explain we don't anticipate many Ukrainian refugees though in the U.S.

I do believe ones who do not consider themselves refugees can and have made their way here. That's just based on the article I posted a page or two back about that flag company. In it it said "Still, he was surprised by how many Kansas Citians have come in who are originally from Ukraine. He said heard from several customers early last week who were preparing for loved ones to arrive on flights" “And they were excited to go pick them up and they really wanted to have their flag, you know, at the airport,” Wald recalled."

But until your question I hadn't thought about whether the U.S. had formally announced about refugees en masse. Here's a recent article from the last few hours though that touches on it. https://www.cbsnews.com/news/ukrainian-refugees-immigration-united-states-cbs-news-explains/ In that article it does mention many are staying in Europe as it is closer and closer to Ukraine (I'm assuming should they be able to return they want to be close) and that makes sense. It goes on to explain we don't anticipate many Ukrainian refugees though in the U.S.
Thank you. That's interesting.

I know it's not apparently the right time to say this as I don't see anyone talking about it...but man, the innocent Russian people are also going to be really messed over by this whole situation.

No they're not getting bombed but I wouldn't want to be them right now either.

I know it's not apparently the right time to say this as I don't see anyone talking about it...but man, the innocent Russian people are also going to be really messed over by this whole situation.

Very true.

I also saw an article today about people who have stuck around to take care of shelter animals. Unfortunately they are unable to get food for them. (The other day three shelter volunteers were killed by rocket fire on their way to a shelter with pet food.) They are predicting things won’t end well for the animals if they can’t get food for them.

The whole situation is just unimaginable.

Unfortunately it's on them to end this.

Very true.

I also saw an article today about people who have stuck around to take care of shelter animals. Unfortunately they are unable to get food for them. (The other day three shelter volunteers were killed by rocket fire on their way to a shelter with pet food.) They are predicting things won’t end well for the animals if they can’t get food for them.

The whole situation is just unimaginable.
I read about one of those volunteers. She loved animals and decided to chance it. It’s very sad.

Maybe they should only go at night? Things seem to quiet down then.

I just saw that an American journalist was killed by Russian fire. Plus a few Ukrainian mayors have been taken away by Russian troops. This mess just gets creepier and creepier.

Putin seems to be itching for a fight...planes "accidentally" violating Swedish airspace, missiles 25 miles from the Polish border.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter