Keeping organized in the room

For about $7.00 you can but a floppy style binder, dividers (use one per day), 3-hole punched pencil bag, note book paper, Pape protectors and a flat 3-hole paper puncher from the dollar tree. I used this fir my 10 day Princess Alaskan cruise from S.F. last summer. Not only is it a great way to stay organized I was also able to journal daily. I love going through the notebook once my trip was over, it's a pretty cool way to keep a trip memorable ♡

Over-the-door shoe organizers are banned but we use one clipped to coat hanger and hang it on the hook in the room or in the closet where we can get easy access. receipts in one compartment, tickets in another, pens & highlighters in another, etc. It works great. There are hooks in the bathrooms so you could hang one there as well. We use plastic binder ties to add support by securing the organizer to the frame of the hanger.

I remove the DCL book from the desk drawer and place it on a shelf or larger drawer so I have space for any papers. I keep travel info in a plastic envelope. Navigators just in a stack in the drawer. Excursion tickets in the drawer as well. I use a DCL envelope for receipts to make it easier to total for the customs form. Plenty of room for all the above once that book is out of the way. I like the top of the desk to be completely free of "stuff."

I am reading this to get ideas for my first cruise this fall, but I will say the accordion file idea has worked for me when I go out of town for work for a week - I need to keep track of receipts and marketing material from vendors, plus I always take an extra weekend day for site seeing and might have momentoes from that to keep track of. It could also separate by day if need be.

I can't be the only person now contemplating putting metal strips on the walls of my house for this purpose... Kid activity management! Rotating art or photo displays! Separating the school piles, instead of the current "dump into one pile and forget what's on bottom" system. SO many options... I have a twine/clip system across a wall for school art, but it wouldn't support anything substantial. The metal and sturdy magnets could hold up so much more. Thanks for posting this!!

IKEA sells magnetic strips that are two inches high and various lengths. I have 6 of them in my kitchen.

These are great ideas! This time I'll bring a file to keep our Navigators in. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter