Keeping on Track - December W.I.S.H. Challenge

As you begin your week, what is one small thing you do or that you could do that sets you up for success?
I like to plan for my week over the weekend. Usually I plan out the meals (and put the schedule on the refrigerator for everyone to see) make a grocery list on Saturday. On Sunday, I go grocery shopping and prep for the week. My prep usually involves hard boiling eggs (I usually have one for breakfast during the week and put one on my salad), splitting up salad into pyrex bowls and salad dressing into small containers for lunches for the week, and bagging grapes. I have one shelf in the refrigerator that is for mom's lunches. So in the morning, I just grab the things on that shelf and put them into my lunchbox. I also lay out workout clothes for the week in a pile in my bathroom. That way, I don't have to think too much when I first wake up. I just grab an outfit, put it on and go down to the basement to do my workout. I also set out the stuff to make my shake in the morning. So as soon as my workout is over, I come upstairs and make my shake.

My downfall is if I don't do any of these things on the weekend. This weekend was busy with a field hockey tournament all day Saturday and then I wrapped Christmas presents Sunday as well as trying to catch up on meal planning and food prep. However, I think I got it all done and am off to a good start so far. Workout done and breakfast shake in hand.

I do not do much in the mornings. I get ready in 15 minutes and out the door I go. So planning at least the night before is key. Lunches are always ready in the fridge. I eat left overs for lunch so after dinner we separate them into lunch containers. I get my workout bag ready to go and have my back pack ready as well. I pretty much wear the same 5 outfits each week so there is not much thinking there either. I just grab and go. What can throw me off in the morning is if one of the kids are in the bathroom when I need to get in there to brush my teeth. We are all getting ready at the same time with 1 bathroom. This will throw off my routine and I end up forgetting something like brushing my teeth. I realize on my way to work so I keep a toothbrush and toothpaste at work. This doesn't happen very often. Maybe once every 6 months to a year. They leave after me so they are pretty good at letting me in the bathroom first.

So DD is doing much better. I saw her laughing and playing around this weekend. She still says it was not her anxiety but after she talked to the councilor at school things were much better. She did break up with her boyfriend on Saturday so I wonder if this had something to do with it. I am hoping for a much better week this week.

I did the craziest thing today. It was 3:30pm, and I had just gotten home from the doctor. It was too early for dinner, and I really needed a snack.

Instead of grabbing junk, I got 6 baby carrots 🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕🥕out of the refrigerator, washed them, and ate them.

This kind of behavior...eating veggies as a snack...is completely unheard of for me.:jumping1:

B40714D1-CF66-450C-95BA-7198F5FBB93A.png

Have you followed all the controversy with the Peloton ad that aired recently? The issue with some people seemed to be why was the husband giving his 100lb wife an exercise bike like she needed to be fixed-at least

that was my impression.

Have you ever received exercise/fitness equipment for Christmas? If you didn’t ask for it, would that bother you? Is there something you would like for Christmas to help you with your fitness goals?

I asked for, and received one of those large inflatable balance balls. I sit on it watching something on tv and use my hand weights. This year I asked for new clothes to wear to the gym-i feel like I need to look a little more presentable than when I just walk in the neighborhood. My husband would never give me these items unless I specifically asked for them! To be honest, if he had given them to me unasked I think my feelings might have been hurt!

Have you ever received exercise/fitness equipment for Christmas? If you didn’t ask for it, would that bother you? Is there something you would like for Christmas to help you with your fitness goals?
I don't get upset with gifts if they are thoughtful. My husband has definitely gotten me fitness stuff for gifts, but usually it is because I ask for it. Like this past year for my birthday, my husband got me the resistance bands that I wanted. He knows I like this stuff. However, that has only been in the past 5 years. In the first 10 years after having kids, I definitely would have been insulted. Like most things in life, I feel like it's hard to make a statement like that to cover everything. A fitness gift for someone who is into fitness seems like a great idea to me. Just like a DIsney gift for someone who is into Disney is a great gift. For Christmas this year, I think I asked for the yearly membership to Beachbody On Demand as well as some new workout clothes.

I have followed a bit. I actually like the commercial. What we don't know if if she wanted one. I always went with the assumption that she did. I feel like it shows how hard it is at times to get the energy to workout.

I have never gotten exercise stuff as a gift. i don't think at this point it would hurt my feelings. DH and my mom both know I am trying to loss weight so it would not surprise me. Younger me might have been more upset.

I've heard some of the talk about the commercial, and I've seen it once. The parts that bother me are that she filmed herself exercising and the way she's looking at her husband at the end seems to be like she's seeking his approval. The question about why does she need to exercise because she's already skinny is problematic in itself, as skinny doesn't by default mean healthy. And as Piglet1979 mentioned, we don't know if she asked for it or not. I've asked for some "exercise" things now and then but have never been given anything I didn't ask for.

The memorial service turned out well with 70+ people attending, which was important to my SIL. And people were good about standing up to tell stories, which was also important to her, and that doesn't always happen. I think the highlight for me was the slide show of our early years... the three of us (Brother, Sister and I) had a running commentary going of snarky remarks, in particular pointing out his fashion sense (not). And the slides did clearly show that he always was who he became, and the others picked up on that and commented on it in their stories of him.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I'll have to face the music for having been off track... no gold stars for me today. I'm going to take this check-in as the starting over trigger to get back on track. I'm also going to go ahead and do the toxicity test she recommended, which should help to figure out the root cause of the one heart health marker that hasn't improved.

With the memorial service out of the way, I'm feeling like I can rest now and settle in to the holiday season. The house is clean and decorated and all that's left to do is some shopping for stocking-stuffer kinds of things, and then make a pie and some cookies for when we get back from dinner on Christmas Eve.

I've heard some of the talk about the commercial, and I've seen it once. The parts that bother me are that she filmed herself exercising and the way she's looking at her husband at the end seems to be like she's seeking his approval. The question about why does she need to exercise because she's already skinny is problematic in itself, as skinny doesn't by default mean healthy. And as Piglet1979 mentioned, we don't know if she asked for it or not. I've asked for some "exercise" things now and then but have never been given anything I didn't ask for.

The memorial service turned out well with 70+ people attending, which was important to my SIL. And people were good about standing up to tell stories, which was also important to her, and that doesn't always happen. I think the highlight for me was the slide show of our early years... the three of us (Brother, Sister and I) had a running commentary going of snarky remarks, in particular pointing out his fashion sense (not). And the slides did clearly show that he always was who he became, and the others picked up on that and commented on it in their stories of him.

I have a doctor's appointment this afternoon, so I'll have to face the music for having been off track... no gold stars for me today. I'm going to take this check-in as the starting over trigger to get back on track. I'm also going to go ahead and do the toxicity test she recommended, which should help to figure out the root cause of the one heart health marker that hasn't improved.

With the memorial service out of the way, I'm feeling like I can rest now and settle in to the holiday season. The house is clean and decorated and all that's left to do is some shopping for stocking-stuffer kinds of things, and then make a pie and some cookies for when we get back from dinner on Christmas Eve.
Sounds like a lovely memorial. Glad it brought some comfort to you and your family.

I don't get upset with gifts if they are thoughtful. My husband has definitely gotten me fitness stuff for gifts, but usually it is because I ask for it. Like this past year for my birthday, my husband got me the resistance bands that I wanted. He knows I like this stuff. However, that has only been in the past 5 years. In the first 10 years after having kids, I definitely would have been insulted. Like most things in life, I feel like it's hard to make a statement like that to cover everything. A fitness gift for someone who is into fitness seems like a great idea to me. Just like a DIsney gift for someone who is into Disney is a great gift. For Christmas this year, I think I asked for the yearly membership to Beachbody On Demand as well as some new workout clothes.
Thank you for reminding me to add resistance bands to my list!

I hope everyone is having a good week and has something to Woohoo about!

We had a lovely evening with family last night-went to our grandson’s holiday concert. Oh, my, all those little people playing their music and then singing was just heartwarming! It really put me in the holiday spirit.
Those music teachers are amazing and did a wonderful job preparing them for their big moment.
Another little woohoo-I bought a pair of pants today without trying them on (the store was so hot! No one is going to buy sweaters when it feels like 80 degrees) and when I got them home I thought uh oh, these look a little small-but they fit.

Woohoo... my schedule is mostly clear of meetings today, hoping to keep it that way. I have plenty of time to get out of the office to eat a proper lunch and do some Christmas shopping. And get some work done, of course.

Didn't get lectured too badly at my doctor appointment yesterday, now to follow thru and get going again. My short term incentive is that I have to have the quick exam for health care coverage next week and want to get the numbers back where they had been.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!