Keens shoes anyone?

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Does anyone have any experience with Keen shoes? A friend called, saying how wonderful they were. She said they were kind of ugly, but hey, I wear Crocs, so Keens can't be too bad. Besides, I went to their website this morning, and they didn't look "ugly". Maybe my friend was commenting on the kind of shoes I wear! Anyways, I have a problem with tripping-I don't pick up my feet when I walk, and she said these would really help. And she said they feel good, too. Any experiences, pro or con?

I have never worn a pair, but I know people who swear by them.

After you try some on, go to www.6pm.com to buy some. You have to check daily, but they have excellent sales and Keen go really low in price every once in a while on there.

Love, love Keens. I have both sandals as well as closed shoes. I didn't have any "break-in" period. Anytime I go to Florida that's the shoe I wear the most even out to dinner. I bought mine at Sierra Trading & Zappos (when I had a coupon).

I want to try them. Ordered a pair from Zappos and they have potential but were too tight for my wide foot.....so I am going to order a pair in men's and see if that works.
I wear Crocs all the time on vacations. Wanted to try something different.
Not so sure about the toe part though. I need my toes out.

Just checked at 6pm.com and they have several styles of Keenes at great prices right now ($15 and up).

Keens are amazing. For long periods, I hate having my feet mashed into closed shoes. So, for all activities other than running, they are my active shoe of summertime. Perfect for hiking, camping, boating....mine have full toe protection and strong, non-skid soles like a boot. In fact, I spent one particular day at Epcot where it rained non-stop from open to close and I was EVER so thankful for those shoes!

I don't think they are ugly and they HAVE to be more comfortable than Crocs!

I love Keens. I have tried Merrils and the like, but Keen wins hands (feet) down. I actually think they're cute.

I LOVE my Keen's. I have a pair of Newports and they are the only shoes I wear in the parks now (at WDW).

I also love them for just running around or doing outdoorsy things. :)

DS14 wore Keens for years because his PE teacher for Elementary would let them wear them without socks, and in place of sneakers! He had to stop wearing them because of his flat feet.

I got a pair of the sandals about a year and a half ago. I wear them practically every day. I hate hot feet and these are awesome. So comfortable and still in excellent condition! I think I will go to the website above and get some more!

I want to try them. Ordered a pair from Zappos and they have potential but were too tight for my wide foot.....so I am going to order a pair in men's and see if that works

Oh, oh! I hope that doesn't mean they run narrow. I also have a wide foot. Just in case, let me know how the mens' size works out.

Does anyone have any experience with Keen shoes? A friend called, saying how wonderful they were. She said they were kind of ugly, but hey, I wear Crocs, so Keens can't be too bad. Besides, I went to their website this morning, and they didn't look "ugly". Maybe my friend was commenting on the kind of shoes I wear! Anyways, I have a problem with tripping-I don't pick up my feet when I walk, and she said these would really help. And she said they feel good, too. Any experiences, pro or con?

I mostly wear Crocs because nothing ever seems comfortable to me. My feet are wide and I have flat arches. Unfortunately, I work in a job where we are not allowed to wear Crocs because they don't have a closed back. I used to wear sneakers and my feet would ache. Then a friend who is a waitress suggested Keens to me, so I tried the same ones she has and loves, the Briggs.... The toes are squared off and my kids say they look like Leprachaun feet? :sad2: Whatever, they are really comfortable, and I don't think they are too ugly (but I usually wear Crocs, so maybe I just don't have good judgement about ugly) So I would rate them :thumbsup2

I don't think Keens are really that ugly..especially not compared to Crocs.

My kids have Keens and my Dad wears them as well. I LOVE them for the kids..they are comfortable and they hold up so well. My 7 year old is rough on shoes and when he outgrew his previous pair of Keens they still looked like new! My Dad has really bad feet..flat feet and all that and he finds them very comfortable.

My Dad and kids wear the Newport style:
http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias=shoes&field-keywords=keen+newport&x=0&y=0

Just bought some Keens about a month ago. No break in period and are by far the best shoes I've ever owned. Planning on taking them for our next Disney trip.

I got them from Shoebuy with a coupon, free shipping both directions in case I hated them.

I wore a waterproof pair all over Norway and Sweden last spring - they were amazingly comfortable! I was afraid my feet/legs would be tired, because they are slightly "heavier" than my sneakers - I found because they are roomier in the toe box, my feet were happier when they would swell at the end of the day.

I forced myself to wear my sneakers to give my feet a break, but when picking out shoes for the day, always wanted the Keens. My kids also wore Keens and were happy with their choice.

I have the beginning of a bunion and if I wear something too restrictive in the toe box, I get uncomfortable. I've found Keens to be one of the best to wear so that it doesn't aggravate my foot.

I ordered 5 different pair from zappos.com and tried them all and kept the one that was the most comfortable. They are all cut slightly different but with zappos, I had free return shipping.

DH and I each bought a pair of Newport H2's in the last couple of weeks. He ordered his after I bought mine at Dick's Sporting Goods. We really like them, but won't be wearing them all day in the parks. We wear good socks and athletic shoes(Asics or New Balance) in the parks. We will wear them on our cruise after our stay at WDW next month. I think they're great to wear to the beach.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter