Katie's wish trip AWCT/GKTW jan 2011

I'm in!
Your kiddos are so cute!
Glad she is feeling better and hope everyone continues to avoid the winter ickiness!
Love the santa pic! That's awesome!

Can't wait for your trip!

Hollie
Thank you for the compliment I think they are pretty cute too.

The excitement over the holidays fills the air here

Hi! I'm so glad to hear Katie got a wish! Your girls are just adorable! Our girls have a bit in common... I have a Catherine with a heart defect, too! She's 7, and a peanut as well. We went on our wish trip in May. It was amazing, and I know you guys will have a wonderful time on your trip. I'll follow along as you plan.

Katie is cleaning house this December....She lost another tooth this morning. Actually her sister knocked it out by climbing in bed with her....I thought she was having a terrible nightmare the way she was screaming but she couldn;t find her tooth. That is three in two weeks, the tooth fairy is getting a second job to keep up with her.:ccat: Off to make chocolate covered pretzel rods and more wrapping

Hi! I'm so glad to hear Katie got a wish! Your girls are just adorable! Our girls have a bit in common... I have a Catherine with a heart defect, too! She's 7, and a peanut as well. We went on our wish trip in May. It was amazing, and I know you guys will have a wonderful time on your trip. I'll follow along as you plan.

I think I agree that I could possibly have your Catherine's counterpart. I read some of your pre trip and some of their other traits are eerily similar...except Katie is delayed in reading and math (she is very bright but it takes forever to catch on to something but when she does she is off and running) My Katie had to have surgery also to correct crossing in her left eye and she wears glasses to help with this correction. She is the happiest and most well adjusted child, she is always smiling and laughing (belly laugh). Katie's heart fortunately is still stable... her defects were not all that uncommon ASD VSD but the coarctation of the aorta had not been repaired on a 1 lb baby. yeah for unique Little (my katie weights 30 lb)
Kathryn's (Catherine's)

Did you have any difficulty with getting on rides or is your Catherine tall?

Your girls are so cute. I love the thumbs up with Santa!! How cute!! :santa: Congrats on getting a wish. We are going in February and can share your excitement.

My daughter, Mallory was also born with heart defects. She was full term, but since has had issues growing as well. Although she will be 6 in 10 days, she is the size of a 3 year old. So I guess we will need car seat for the plane as well. Sometimes it feels like she will always need a car seat.

Happy Planning! I look forward to hearing more!! :surfweb:

Your girls are so cute. I love the thumbs up with Santa!! How cute!! :santa: Congrats on getting a wish. We are going in February and can share your excitement.

My daughter, Mallory was also born with heart defects. She was full term, but since has had issues growing as well. Although she will be 6 in 10 days, she is the size of a 3 year old. So I guess we will need car seat for the plane as well. Sometimes it feels like she will always need a car seat.

Happy Planning! I look forward to hearing more!! :surfweb:

Thanks for stopping by...I know how you feel about the carseat alot of katie's friends are big enough to not need one. We actually had to go by a carseat because ours are all boosters or booster with removable backs. DH is so excited to carry it through the airport. We are going to ortho tomorrow since katie is uneven due to leg discrepancy to see if we can make her more even and 40" tall so she can go on rides. Hopefully her modified afo can be adjusted.

I think I agree that I could possibly have your Catherine's counterpart. I read some of your pre trip and some of their other traits are eerily similar...except Katie is delayed in reading and math (she is very bright but it takes forever to catch on to something but when she does she is off and running) My Katie had to have surgery also to correct crossing in her left eye and she wears glasses to help with this correction. She is the happiest and most well adjusted child, she is always smiling and laughing (belly laugh). Katie's heart fortunately is still stable... her defects were not all that uncommon ASD VSD but the coarctation of the aorta had not been repaired on a 1 lb baby. yeah for unique Little (my katie weights 30 lb)
Kathryn's (Catherine's)

Did you have any difficulty with getting on rides or is your Catherine tall?

Someday I will get around to finishing that TR! I didn't even get to our day at DHS, which was really the most fun, most exciting, and worst day all wrapped up in one!

Anyway, Catherine rode everything she wanted to ride. She was somewhere between 40 and 44 inches, so if she were a real daredevil there would have been rides she couldn't do. But, she's not. She and my DD John were about the same size, so it was never a big deal. I think the biggest ride she rode was Thunder Mountain Railroad.

I'll be following along with you plans!! :goodvibes Merry Christmas!:santa:

Merry Christmas everyone....hope Santa was good to you all. Finally retail life can take a back seat and on to some serious planning

it is a blizzard here so have been busy looking at different things to do at SW and Universal. Any suggestions on things not to miss with 8 and 6 yr old and where to eat?? I am not familiar with either of these parks. Thank you
DSC00251.jpg

Spent the last couple of days looking at Universal and Sea world...looks like we will be very limited in what we can do since Katie is barely 40" tall and she is too old for some of the preschool things. We will stop by and see what she maybe interested in but those days maybe we will be able to do alot of things at GKTW instead. Maybe she will grow 2" in the next month...I cannot believe it is getting so close.

I tell ya, I was checking out those websites and was less than impressed with Universal. Seaworld and IOA sound cool but I just don't know about US. I think I am mostly excited about GKTW! lol How many days do you have left?

I tell ya, I was checking out those websites and was less than impressed with Universal. Seaworld and IOA sound cool but I just don't know about US. I think I am mostly excited about GKTW! lol How many days do you have left?
I feel the same way you did after looking at the websites, they don't really say much about the height requirements (like can she go with an adult taller than that) My husband has been to Sea world and said some of the shows are cool but she can't do any experiences because she is too young. I think we may do short days there and spent some free time at GKTW and downtown disney. We have exactly 31 days :cheer2:

We can check off costumes for makeover. Disney store had great markdowns so we will be able to do the make overs, I just need to call for reservations at the BBB. With lack of work the last few weeks for DH the sale at Disney store saved us. Does anyone have preferences to BBB in Downtown or the castle?

I feel the same way you did after looking at the websites, they don't really say much about the height requirements (like can she go with an adult taller than that) My husband has been to Sea world and said some of the shows are cool but she can't do any experiences because she is too young. I think we may do short days there and spent some free time at GKTW and downtown disney. We have exactly 31 days :cheer2:

new to your thread
Your dd is a little fighter

I have to say sea world was one of our favorite days. The kids loved feeding the dolphins and touching the sting rays. We had to drag them away. They only went on the water ride but they loved their day at Sea World.

I have been thinking....we may just skip US and just hit SW and IOA.....but I can't make up my mind! lol I am sure I will change it 17000 more times before we even leave. :lmao:

Do you realize that we are just going to miss each other at GKTW by one day I believe. We are there Feb 6-12.

We can check off costumes for makeover. Disney store had great markdowns so we will be able to do the make overs, I just need to call for reservations at the BBB. With lack of work the last few weeks for DH the sale at Disney store saved us. Does anyone have preferences to BBB in Downtown or the castle?

That's awesome! (The Disney store mark downs NOT the lack of work! :scared1:)

Our closest DS is 70 miles away. :eek::sad2:

We are having Lily's makeover done at the BBB in MK.....but that is just because that is where we are going to be when her appointment is. Also when we were there a few July's ago it was really cool seeing all the little girls walking around in the princess garb and you could tell they thought they were hot stuff (and rightly so, they were all adorable!), so we opted for MK.

thanks for the info on seaworld It is hard when the info on line is limited.

Happy New Year everyone!!! We have had a busy week here at our home. Looks like we will not have to carry pedisure with us. Katie has figured out the whole eating thing and has been eating up a storm. Pediatrian feels she has been eating enough that she can probably do without the supplemental feedings for the week. Yeah one less bag to carry...now if she can grow an inch we can leave home the car seat and bring just the booster. lol

One more hurdle for the month and we will be all doctored out befor e we leave just ortho and hopefully the experimental leg thing will give us some more time before her amputation.
here is to a great 2011

:guilty::sad1::sad1:
I have been thinking....we may just skip US and just hit SW and IOA.....but I can't make up my mind! lol I am sure I will change it 17000 more times before we even leave. :lmao:

Do you realize that we are just going to miss each other at GKTW by one day I believe. We are there Feb 6-12.

I will probably change my mind about that many times also. we leave the day you arrive:sad1:

thanks for the info on seaworld It is hard when the info on line is limited.

Happy New Year everyone!!! We have had a busy week here at our home. Looks like we will not have to carry pedisure with us. Katie has figured out the whole eating thing and has been eating up a storm. Pediatrian feels she has been eating enough that she can probably do without the supplemental feedings for the week. Yeah one less bag to carry...now if she can grow an inch we can leave home the car seat and bring just the booster. lol

Yay Katie!! :yay::yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter