Kali River Rapids...will we really get soaked?

12 people on the ride.

2 will go down backwards and get drenched by the wall of water. 4 others (2 on either side of the soaked 2) will get pretty wet but not soaked. So that's a 50/50 shot you're getting decently wet from the drop. Then after that you have various waves, very brief waterfall of water, then multiple elephants that shoot water out their trunks that's controlled by people on the bridge.

So you could escape without getting more than a couple drops of water, but be prepared to leave the ride pretty wet

Weather:Went last may- it was 96- it will be hot.

Tip: Don't wear Jeans... you will be sorry if you are one of the lucky ones to get wet! We went in October and brought the kids and extra set of clothes and not myself-- well needless to say I was the one that got drench and it was overcast and had a serious wet pants situation. I am not a proud owner of $42.00 capri workout leggings... I warned you:fish:

This is the only WDW ride I wear a poncho on and I still manage to get wet underwear. If you're going sideways down the hill, you will get wet. If you're going backwards, TSUNAMI CITY!:sad2:

12 people on the ride.

2 will go down backwards and get drenched by the wall of water. 4 others (2 on either side of the soaked 2) will get pretty wet but not soaked. So that's a 50/50 shot you're getting decently wet from the drop. Then after that you have various waves, very brief waterfall of water, then multiple elephants that shoot water out their trunks that's controlled by people on the bridge.

So you could escape without getting more than a couple drops of water, but be prepared to leave the ride pretty wet

The one time I rode, I was on the side of the raft that was to the left of the two who went down backwards, and I was the wettest person on the ride. Even the two people who went down backwards were looking at me laughing. It was 2013, so I'm not sure exactly how it happened because I wasn't expecting it, but it seems that a big wave came up on the far left side of our raft (the people who were on the right side of the raft didn't get very wet, from what I remember). My daughter, who was also on that side of the raft, also got pretty wet (more so than the two who went down backwards, but not quite as wet as me).

If you sit next to me, you'll get soaked. My kids used to rock,paper, scissors to see who sat on my side because they didn't want to get soaked. LOL

I tried to wear a poncho last time but I my shirt and one side of my shorts still got wet - at least I wasn't completely soaked that time.

We love Kali! We always get off looking like we've jumped in a pool with our clothes on! Somehow we always end up going backwards down the drop.... We wear sandals and clothes that dry quickly, the August heat helps with that. It is also usually the last thing we do before heading back for our mid-day break.

If you plan to ride Kali, plan to walk off soaked. We plan our clothing according to that. Boys and husband wear swim shirts and trunks with their crocs all day. I wear a dri-fit shirt and a runners skirt. I am that person that will be on the side going down the hill that gets the wettest. I have never been in that rise and ended up in a different position. Most of our trips take place in May/June. We are all dry in 30-45 minutes after getting off. Planning your attire wisely helps tremendously if you plan to ride this one.

It has been a while since we have been on this ride and I can't remember exactly how it goes. My kids are just now finally tall enough to both ride it. Will we need to wear a poncho to prevent getting soaked? We will be there in mid May so it will be warm but not super hot yet.

You will if you sit next to me.....LoL... I'm like the WATER MAGNET!! LoL

When we rode it DH and DD, who were sitting together, were dry, with the exception of their butts being wet from sitting in the already-wet seat. Me? Wetter than if I fell in a pool. I was so wet that even after changing into the dry clothes we brought just in case, I still had to go back to the hotel and change because I was so uncomfortable.

If you sat next to me... A resounding, YES! I seem to find that seat that turns backwards at the last minute every time. Wear dark - fast drying clothes & hope for the best. **Don't forget to either use the lockers for your valuables or have a little plastic ziplock with you to keep items dry. There's a little plastic covered storage area in the center of the ride, but there's no guarantee that your items won't get wet.**. Have fun!!

We are riding it with an early evening Fastpass and then going to Sanaa for dinner...but I can't imagine enjoying dinner if we are all soggy.
That was why I couldn't stand the sogginess. We were having dinner at Boma after, and even though I would have been dry enough by then, I would have looked and felt completely disheveled after being soaked.

Yes you can.. also if you want to protect your stuff, there is free lockers located before the line to store your stuff, there is nowhere to protect your stuff on the rafts now.
They removed the center stowage area all together? I didn't know... I think too many ppl may have put their cell phones in there with less than desirable outcomes.

Let's put it this is way .... I will ONLY go on this ride if I am wearing a poncho and flip flops. I have gotten absolutely 100% drenched every single time I have ever ridden.

Kali you have a chance at getting soaked, Grizzly River run at California you have a better chance of getting soaked, Popeye & Bluto's at Islands of Adventure you *Will* get soaked.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter