Kali River Rapids...will we really get soaked?

Threeandme

Earning My Ears
It has been a while since we have been on this ride and I can't remember exactly how it goes. My kids are just now finally tall enough to both ride it. Will we need to wear a poncho to prevent getting soaked? We will be there in mid May so it will be warm but not super hot yet.

It has been a while since we have been on this ride and I can't remember exactly how it goes. My kids are just now finally tall enough to both ride it. Will we need to wear a poncho to prevent getting soaked? We will be there in mid May so it will be warm but not super hot yet.
Odds are, yes.

There is the rare person sitting in just the right seat that somehow manages to avoid becoming so, but the vast majority will come out looking like they went in the drink.

Maybe. I've ridden it and just ended up a little wet. The last time I rode it though, I was completely soaked from head to toe. I don't think a poncho would have helped much at all.

SOMEBODY in your raft will get soaked. Last time I was on it, there were 3 little kids across from us. They were dry as a bone. I on the other hand was completely drenched. Please do make sure you make use of the free lockers.

I think the 4 or 5 times I can only recall twice being soaked...I recall right around where it has the big dip I pointed my finger at the people who was going down backwards knowing they would get drenched..then the the raft suddenly roated 90deg...yeah..shame on me!!.

I got wet because of a similar rotation. I feel like somehow the weight distribution of adults sitting across from young kids causes the heavier weight of the adults to end up being on the side that gets super wet. My evidence is really anecdotal, and my physics knowledge stinks so... this could be totally wrong :D

Ponchos don't really help. The worst of the wet for me is I always end up soaking my my pants and shoes and socks. So now I wear flip flops on the ride and change back into comfortable shoes afterwards. Wear something quick-drying. The worst is cotton capri pants that then stick to your legs and rub all day because they take forever to dry.

Most likely yes, and a poncho won't save your shoes. Once in a while someone barely gets wet but you could get a ton of water dumped on your head too, which is usually me. :-)

I got wet because of a similar rotation. I feel like somehow the weight distribution of adults sitting across from young kids causes the heavier weight of the adults to end up being on the side that gets super wet. My evidence is really anecdotal, and my physics knowledge stinks so... this could be totally wrong :D
I had the same "scientific" thought last year, so I was excited to ride it with my 3 year old son. I was disappointed to learn my theory was wrong. We were definitely the light side of the raft (my DH and I are relatively thin), and we were the ones that got wet. Like, not one section of dry clothing or hair wet. The others were barely splashed. My son thought it was awesome.

Most likely, yes. And ponchos are pretty useless. DH wore a poncho on it once and he got off the ride more soaking wet than I was without. Sometimes a few people on the raft get lucky but I've been on it plenty of times where every single person was soaked as well.

My sons and I were the light side of the raft. We still were soaked. Not an inch of dry hair, clothing or even underwear.

We rarely get soaked, but often wet and the odd time we barely get a drop on us. So you really should be prepared for the worst because there are always a couple of seats that will get totally soaked.

We have never got wet on that ride. Was a let down at times on the days it was very hot and we wanted to cool off. Lo

I had the same "scientific" thought last year, so I was excited to ride it with my 3 year old son. I was disappointed to learn my theory was wrong. We were definitely the light side of the raft (my DH and I are relatively thin), and we were the ones that got wet. Like, not one section of dry clothing or hair wet. The others were barely splashed. My son thought it was awesome.

Good to know that it seems to be fairly random, or maybe that's bad to know...... Either way thanks for evidence to the contrary!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter