Kaboom! WDW ticket price increases, and it's not pretty...

Honestly for me, the way I see it is: It is what it is. I expected it and also expect an increase once Fantasyland is done. However, this will not stop me from going.

This is what I was going to say. Fantastyland costs money. They have to make it back somehow.

As for low income families, I don't think they are excluding a lot of people who would pay $85 but won't pay $89.

Honestly for me, the way I see it is: It is what it is. I expected it and also expect an increase once Fantasyland is done. However, this will not stop me from going.

I will not stop going but I will cut back on what I am spending there. I am considering downsizing my pass because AP is just not affordable to me any more.

I have started thinking that I can spend that money going someplace else. I'm considering going to Universal or Sea World where I get more bang for your buck or saving that money for other vacations:thumbsup2. I love Disney but I'm reconsidering my love affair.

I am going to see if I can downsize to a seasonal pass. It is less that the AP pass but will it be enough of a savings to be worth it. The dates work. I will cross that bridge when I come to it. In the meantime research research.
When renewal time comes up, you can upgrade or downgrade between AP levels and you will still get the Renewal Rate of the new level.

I havE a question for you and sorry if it been asked before but if I buy an annual pass before the increase could I apply that towards a premier pass. And it do since I won't in Disney soon will I have to pay the diff of the price increase befits I could apply it towards the other pass.
At this time I don't know. I'm not back to work until Wednesday and by that time I will be able to get (hopefully) intelligent answers from either my supervisors or Ticket Services.

Here is some quick information related to the changes in pricing and handling of WDW tickets effective Sunday, June 3, 2012. Some specific details will be posted to forthcoming changes in the Everything About WDW Tickets locked sticky in the TPA&S Forum.

Magic Your Way Tickets

Where during the past year days 5 through 10 were $8 each, now days 5 though 10 are $10 each.

Past Hopping and WPF&M were all were $55 (except one-day hopping $35), so that both came to $110. Now Hopping and WPF&M have gone up to $57 (but one-day hopping remains at $35). However, there is a major price decrease to get both, as it is only $79 to add both to a ticket.

Annual Passes

With the exception of the Water Parks and Disney Quest, there is no pricing difference on any level of Annual Pass between Child (Ages 3 - 9) and Adult.

There has been no change in the pricing for Water Park or Disney Quest (or the combined WP/DQ) Annual Passes. As the one-day prices have increased a Water Park or a Disney Quest Annual Pass is less than two one-day tickets, and a combined WP/DQ AP is less then three one-day tickets to either.

Florida Resident

There are no longer any five, six or seven day Resident tickets, only the one day and the Play-3 and Play-4.

The one-day ticket will no longer have an advance-purchase discount.

The Play-3 and Play-4 now will have blockout dates. As of right now the specific dates are not available. Additionally, although the Play-3 and Play-4 tickets are still valid for six months from date of first use, it appears right now that all that are first used after June 18, 2013 will expire on December 18, 2013.

CF, about the new bridging policy, and adding PH/WFPM options - if a person is just adding an option like PH, do they still have to pay to bring the ticket up to the current price as well?

When renewal time comes up, you can upgrade or downgrade between AP levels and you will still get the Renewal Rate of the new level.

At this time I don't know. I'm not back to work until Wednesday and by that time I will be able to get (hopefully) intelligent answers from either my supervisors or Ticket Services.

Oh Thank you CF. I appreciate you letting me know. I used to be a CM but that was a long time ago and the tickets have gotten so confusing now.

My thoughts...
I don't think the intention is to make this an elite destination by pricing the hard-working wage earners out, instead...this is how Disney will maintain profitability. This is the one area we can't control or, get a good deal on. We can save money by staying off-site, we can save money by bringing our own food or eating off-site and, we don't have to buy souvenirs ~ that is the only way some families CAN go ~ But, every person must have a ticket so, it only makes sense to raise prices on the one area they still have control over!

My thoughts...
I don't think the intention is to make this an elite destination by pricing the hard-working wage earners out, instead...this is how Disney will maintain profitability. This is the one area we can't control or, get a good deal on. We can save money by staying off-site, we can save money by bringing our own food or eating off-site and, we don't have to buy souvenirs ~ that is the only way some families CAN go ~ But, every person must have a ticket so, it only makes sense to raise prices on the one area they still have control over!

Exactly:thumbsup2

My thoughts...

This is one of the reasons that I'm starting to belive that it would be a good thing for DisneyParks to be spun off from the mothership and be a completely separate entity - so it doesn't have to keep making up for shortfalls in the movie and TV side of the business.

I don't know how feasible it is, but DisneyParks profits are often used to prop up the rest.

You also have to consider that Disney wants you to spend money at their resort and only their resort. They don't want to stay off-site or not buy their souvenirs or food. They want you to buy those things as well as your tickets.

If they raise the ticket prices guest will figure out a way to bypass purchasing these things. At this point I think repeat guests are not at the front of their minds.

This is one of the reasons that I'm starting to belive that it would be a good thing for DisneyParks to be spun off from the mothership and be a completely separate entity - so it doesn't have to keep making up for shortfalls in the movie and TV side of the business.

I don't know how feasible it is, but DisneyParks profits are often used to prop up the rest.

Its a two-way street Brian. Actually a multi-way street. There have been years when Parks have been down and shortfalls were made up by entertainment.

Its a two-way street Brian. Actually a multi-way street. There have been years when Parks have been down and shortfalls were made up by entertainment.

I'm sure there have...but it seems to be more often over the past 6 or so years that the parks have been doing well in comparison.

True, if you separate, then you don't have any potential crutch to help against a loss...but many corporations deal with that.

I'm not saying it's practical or makes sense...

You also have to consider that Disney wants you to spend money at their resort and only their resort. They don't want to stay off-site or not buy their souvenirs or food. They want you to buy those things as well as your tickets.

But...they are making the incremental costs of the tickets higher and higher...in the past 5 years or so, it went from $3-$5-$8-$10. Certainly it's still cheaper than a single ticket elsewhere, but it is starting to change our plans a bit.

We're even considering a non-Disney trip coming soon, although we'll still use our DVC points unless we get a real good rate at Universal (and I have yet to see one...even when Syfy has their press event there, they only offer us $10 off the advertised rate...)

We are going in October and taking our grandkids for their first trip. There will be 5 of us DD, DH, DGS, DGD and our little dog. We are camping at Fort Wilderness. We were going to Disney a lot years ago and started going to Universal. 3 years ago we came back to disney, but with all the increases we are now considering getting our annual passes back with Universal. Never could afford the one with Disney. We are a middle class family and I don't want to spent all my vacation money on 1 trip a year or less to Disney and not go anywhere else. You can cut back a lot but I don't want to stress out on vacation about money. It is my time to relax and have fun. :cloud9:

But there are only three reasons to really spin-off a major division from a corporation.

One is due to regulatory requirements (change in laws)

Second is to do a sale for an immediate long-term capital gain.

Third, which is what Disney did when they spun off their entire Radio Division, is to get rid of a money-losing operation.

Thank you very much

The tickets price increase stinks. It stinks in a lot of different way. It stinks because I am not sure if I will buy AP's in the future. (I have my first set right now.) It has also hurt my clients. The price increase for those people who are traveling next week is killer. For example: this family had purchased 10 day hopper passes to book a package with dining. They were planning to upgrade to AP's once they got to Disney. It would have cost them $350+ to upgrade at the new prices. So, they completely changed their mind bc they had not budgeted the extra money 5 days before their trip.

Boo to the price increase, but, It will not keep me from going, so, I will not complain about it...I will accept it and move on. If I don't like it, I don't have to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter