Just Returned From 10 - Days. Pixie Dust Galore!

cdpa4d

DIS Veteran
Hi All,

Just Returned from 10 days at The World. My Daughter celebrated her 6th BDay while we were there. Let me give you some hilights!

Spent 2 nights at AKL, 5 nights at Boardwalk Villas on points (Boardwalk View Studio), and finally 2 nights at the Grand Floridian.

First off let me say it seems evertime we go to Disney World the trips seem to get better. This was our best trip yet. Lots of great memories and fun.

1. The staff at the Grand Floridian are amazing. My Daughter got to make a very special friend of the staff named Ashley (Guest Services Manager). She was so nice and friendly to us. My Daughter, the Social Butterfly really like her. Ashley found out about my Daughter's birthday prior to check-in and sprinkled some Pixie Dust on us with a double upgrade. So our Standard Garden View turned into a Parlor Room with a Marana view. It was a very large room with a sitting area and a balcony in Sago Cay Room 5413. I was so taken back by her friendlness and kindness I almost cried.

2. Last Sunday night my Daughter was selected to start the Spectromagic parade. The Marshalls pulled her from the crowd gave her a handful of Pixie Dust, some instructions, and taught her a dance. Just before the parade would start the three of them did the dance, my Daughter through her handful of pixie dust in the air and the lights went out to start Spectromagic. It was something I will never forget the rest of my life. Truley magical!

3. Rode Expedition Everest several times. 3 times during the day and 3 times at night during AK EMH. It was amazing! Truely a great ride. I had seen the video prior to our trip, but trust me, the video does not do it justice. It's much, much better than what the Intenet videos show. As others have reported the queue area is amazing. The detail is fantastic!

We found crowds to be high but very managable. By using Fastpass and arriving early and late we missed the peak crowd levels. We also found EMH to be very beneficial during the morning and evening. Probably the worst was Monday Evening MGM EMH, but still not too bad. We also felt that the weekends were not as crowded as the weekdays. It was kind of weird, but I would have thought Saturdays and Sundays would have been busy with local traffic, but that wasn't the case at all.

Let's see....we ate at Boma, Ohana Dinner, ESPN, Beaches N Cream, Ohana Character Breakfast. My Daughter attended the My Disney Girl Tea Party and Grand Adventures in Cooking. All were fantastic! My Daughter love both the Tea and the Cooking Adventure very much. I would highly recommend them to anyone. We have a Disney Dining Experience Card so we saved 20% on our TS Meals. Our Counter Service Meals included The Mara, Boardwalk Bakery, Gaspirilla's, Pecos Bills, The Liberty Inn, and the Conemporary Food and Game Center. All were good; especially Pecos. We always love Pecos Bills.

Anyway, that's it for now. I will post a longer report and hopefully some Pics on the Trip Reports Board when I can. Thanks for everyone'e advice for making our trip special and magical!

What a trip! It sounds so magical, especially starting Spectromagic! Happy Birthday to your DD. I'm sure it's a birthday she will never forget.

Happy Birthday to your DD!
It sounds like you truly had a magical trip. I am jealous.

Have a magical day!
Animator13

Sounds like you had a GREAT time!

Thanks for sharing. :banana:

My family is going in August and I really wanted to stay at the GF, but I thought that doing two different resorts would not be such a good idea. I am glad to read that you did it and had a great experience!! We will also be staying at the WL. We stayed last year and loved it!! Which one would you choose to stay at first?

Thanks. princess: :wizard:

Hello Indiana Friend!!! :wave2: Glad you had a wonderful trip! :thumbsup2 It looks like our stays will be similar, we're also starting at the AKL and then moving over to BWV and BWI. Only 24 more days for us!! I hope we have some pixie dust as well. ;)

Glad to hear that you had lots of Pixie Dust :tink: Tell you DD belated :bday:

Hope our trip will be as magical!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter