Just received this email from DCL

insureman

DIS Veteran
We are going on the September WBTA so I'm not sure why this is different than what we already knew. Maybe the sailings until December 31st that have the extended final payment?

Important Information About Your Cruise

05/11/2022

Reservation #: XXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXX,
All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. We want to let you know that our temporary Cruise Date Flexibility option now applies to sailings commencing on or before September 30, 2022, regardless of booking date. With Cruise Date Flexibility, Guests have the option to change their sail date, up to 15 days prior to their cruise departure, to another select sail date commencing prior to September 30, 2023. Standard prevailing rates and other terms and conditions apply. Visit our Book with Confidence page on DisneyCruise.com for details if you’re interested in exploring an alternate sailing.

In addition, for sailings through December 31, 2022, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard and making magic for you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

I just received a similar email for my Magic cruise departing July 23, and wondered the same thing. As Scott's blog indicates, "60 day final payment date" is being extended to December, but that was already in place for cruises through September.

My best guess for why we received this is that DCL would prefer people who want to or need to move their cruise dates do so using Cruise Date Flexibility more than 15 days in advance rather than report COVID diagnosis, symptoms, or exposure and use the Flexible Refund Policy to cancel 14 or fewer days before sailing. By pointing out that the Date Flexibility option is available and that payment dates have been extended, people who are still on the fence about cruising in the next few months (or about cruising in Europe) might be more likely to make changes to their plans several months in advance, giving DCL a better idea of passenger counts and better ability to plan staffing and activities.

We are going on the September WBTA so I'm not sure why this is different than what we already knew. Maybe the sailings until December 31st that have the extended final payment?
Because the Cruise Date Flexibility temporary policy was set to end May 31st and didn't apply to your September cruise even though you did fall under the extended PIF date. The Cruise Date Flexibility allows guests to reschedule their cruise up until 15 days prior to sail date -- no penalty unless the new cruise date is subsequently cancelled.

I just received a similar email for my Magic cruise departing July 23, and wondered the same thing. As Scott's blog indicates, "60 day final payment date" is being extended to December, but that was already in place for cruises through September.

My best guess for why we received this is that DCL would prefer people who want to or need to move their cruise dates do so using Cruise Date Flexibility more than 15 days in advance rather than report COVID diagnosis, symptoms, or exposure and use the Flexible Refund Policy to cancel 14 or fewer days before sailing. By pointing out that the Date Flexibility option is available and that payment dates have been extended, people who are still on the fence about cruising in the next few months (or about cruising in Europe) might be more likely to make changes to their plans several months in advance, giving DCL a better idea of passenger counts and better ability to plan staffing and activities.

Probably so, we are cancelling/moving cruise to next year.

We received the email and I immediately emailed my TA to pay the cruise based on choosing extras as Gold members. I'd rather have a choice than hold off on paying the cruise :)

We received the email and I immediately emailed my TA to pay the cruise based on choosing extras as Gold members. I'd rather have a choice than hold off on paying the cruise :)
I think you might have answered a question I was coming here to ask! We haven't cruised since pre-pandemic, and I think the final payment date was before booking windows opened. If I want to book as soon as my window opens up, I have to have the cruise paid in full - correct? The only difference here is that if we need to cancel for any reason, I can get a full refund up to 60 days before cruise date?

I received the same email for our cruise in July and I was wonder if for those of us who have OBC and FCC from cruises canceled in 2020 that are set to expire if not used by September 30, 2022, does this mean they are still not extending those benefits and if we had to change our cruise to after September 30th we would lose those benefits?

I received the same email for our cruise in July and I was wonder if for those of us who have OBC and FCC from cruises canceled in 2020 that are set to expire if not used by September 30, 2022, does this mean they are still not extending those benefits and if we had to change our cruise to after September 30th we would lose those benefits?

The email did not mention extending FCC dates

If I want to book as soon as my window opens up, I have to have the cruise paid in full - correct? The only difference here is that if we need to cancel for any reason, I can get a full refund up to 60 days before cruise date?
This is correct. You must be paid in full to book activities, but you can cancel and get a refund up until the actual final payment date.

Important Information About Your Cruise

05/11/2022

Reservation #: XXXXXXXXXXX

Dear XXXXXXXX,
All of us at Disney Cruise Line hope you and your family are staying well. We want to let you know that our temporary Cruise Date Flexibility option now applies to sailings commencing on or before September 30, 2022, regardless of booking date. With Cruise Date Flexibility, Guests have the option to change their sail date, up to 15 days prior to their cruise departure, to another select sail date commencing prior to September 30, 2023. Standard prevailing rates and other terms and conditions apply. Visit our Book with Confidence page on DisneyCruise.com for details if you’re interested in exploring an alternate sailing.

In addition, for sailings through December 31, 2022, we are temporarily extending final payment until 60 days prior to sailing for Guests booked in unrestricted stateroom categories.

We look forward to welcoming you aboard and making magic for you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line
Yep got the same email as you I guess maybe they sent it out to everyone and yeah I’m going on a Alaska cruise in early September

I think you might have answered a question I was coming here to ask! We haven't cruised since pre-pandemic, and I think the final payment date was before booking windows opened. If I want to book as soon as my window opens up, I have to have the cruise paid in full - correct? The only difference here is that if we need to cancel for any reason, I can get a full refund up to 60 days before cruise date?
Yes, the cruise needs to be paid in full for selecting extras. Our Cruise is October 14 and our Gold status book window opens July 1 so our cruise needs to be PIF on June 30 instead of August 14. The email was pretty detailed on the cancellation deadlines so if it says 60 days then that's what it will be.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter