Just rec'd call from CRO about POFQ ressie

Status
Not open for further replies.

christianweecare

DIS Veteran
Just thought I would report that I just received a call from CRO concerning my POFQ ressie for early Dec. I called them last night and was promised a call this weekend. So far they were true to their word.

The CM that I spoke with explained that POFQ would be closed for renovations but did not know for how long. She said that she did not know if the resort would be opened back up by Dec. She offered to go ahead and move me to another moderate resort at the same rate that I already have. I have the comeback special rate. I asked if they were offering any upgrades. She told me that they were not at this time, however, she did not know if they would be offering upgrades as they start calling people that have POFQ ressies. I felt like she was trying to get me to go ahead and move to another moderate resort. She was telling me that I might not get the room or resort that I would prefer if I waited. Hmmm!

Anyway, I told her that would hold the ressie that I already have and wait and see. I figure that they have to put me somewhere since I have confirmed ressie and paid deposit. What do you guys think?

Wow! You were lucky to get a call so soon. Our FQ reservations are (were) for the end of June. I call CRO last night and they told me that they were not going to start calling people until Monday. The CM also said that they were going to address people with reservations starting in May, then, June, July, etc. I haven't received a call yet.

Personally, I would demand an upgrade for the same price since you and your family are being inconvenienced by having to now change your plans that you had worked out for your Disney Vacation. Disney should hae known when they were going to be working on the French Quarter and should not have booked rooms there, therefore making everybody who has rooms booked there for this time more difficult to deal with. It just seems like the happiness which would be gained from the upgrade as well as the pleasure with the Disney Company for doing this upgrade would be a welcome trade-off for the Disney Company.

As for not offering upgrades, they will never admit to this because that is like them saying, "We will gladly not make as much money as we could have with those deluxe rooms."

Just my 2 cents.

Panthius

I just found out about the renovations yesterday when I called CRO to get a quote. (I wasn't around my computer, so I didn't know about the renovations until I called). I'm really surprised that they're announcing everything so last minute. A month doesn't give you much time to change your plans around... I hope you're able to get accomodations at a resort that you like. Let us know what happens.

This happened to me the first time French Quarter closed. I did not wait for a call and was not initially offered an upgrade. However, I did insist to the person that the reason the other moderates were not acceptable to me was because they were so much larger than French Quarter. After, insisting this several times, they put me on hold and then offered me a stay at WL for a small increase in price. I was very happy, but would not have gotten that had I not insisted that the other moderates were not what I wanted.

Good grief: another rehab of POFQ:didn't it just reopen last year after being closed for so long. Is this Disney's way of saving money--shutting down the small resorts? I don't get it.

Oh, I missed the part where you said you were going in December. If that's the case, then I agree with you :) That's months away, things could change by then.

I think I would have agreed with you except that early Dec. is usually a slow time for WDW. So the chance that they will have room at other moderate resort is pretty good. Based on what she was telling you, I am not sure if any upgrade will be offered. It is a really tough call. If you wait, I wonder if Disney could say later that they did ask you earlier to take your pick and you declined, in case you don't get your choice of resort/building.

What did they offer last time when CBR was closed down?

Another thread on this reports that intercot's saying:

they are offering: por-rs & cbr for no price change AND

wl & akl for $ 10.00 / nite AND bc, bwi, poly, for $30.00 / nite.

MKY

and I have a booking there in August and have heard nothing yet. In fact this thread is the first I have heard of it...

However, when they do call I will be accepting of a move to another moderate. I didn't choose or pay for a deluxe in the first place and I am not of the opinion that they should give me that now at their expense. Just my opinion...

Sometimes I cannot understand why we all want 'something for nothing' We all pay for that somewhere in the end.:rolleyes:

luckytso,
"Intercot" is another Disney information site (www.intercot.com).
medium-smiley-039.gif

Originally posted by christianweecare
I'm not looking for something for nothing. I'm just taking a "wait and see" approach.

I know this is going to sound mean, but I don't really mean it that way. I'm genuinely curious.

If you're not looking for "something for nothing," then what ARE you waiting for? Other than an upgrade, which you say is not what you want, the only other options are getting another moderate or staying at POFQ. Obviously, getting another moderate is available now, but are you hoping that POFQ is re-opened by then?

Last year when CBR was closed they upgraded MANY people to deluxes. I don't think there is anything wrong with people waiting to see what they offer.

Nothing at all wrong with a 'wait and see' approach....

As long as there are no disappointments if other moderates sell out.....which often happens.

As a matter of fact, the CM that I spoke to did say that there was a possibility that POFQ could be reopened by Dec. I really don't think she knows anymore than we do, and I don't think that it will be. I just don't think it is necessary to rush to make a decision about a Dec. ressie. I'll just wait my turn and see what happens when CRO calls to move me later down the road. One way or the other, I will have a room "somewhere".

So, you don't think POFQ will be re-opened by that time, yet you don't think you should accept the switch over to another moderate (at this time) either. The only other alternative is getting an upgrade or a downgrade (somehow, I don't think you are waiting to get put into a value resort). This doesn't seem to jive with the statement that you don't want something for nothing.

Like minnie56 said earlier, I would probably accept the switch over to my choice of another moderate now. Personally, I would not want to run the risk of the moderates selling out and have to take what Disney gives me (either less than I hoped for or an undesirable room location).

I also agree with floridafam in that there's nothing wrong with looking for an upgrade. My only problem with your approach is that it seems like you are saying one thing and meaning another. If you're not looking for an upgrade, then what are you looking for?

All I'm saying is that I'm not panicking about not having a place to lay my head. CRO will get to me when it's my turn. When it's my turn, then I'll see what they say. I'll be at WDW in December and that's enough to make me happy!

Fair enough. Good luck.

We have reservations at POFQ in October and we too are waiting for them to call us before we just switch resorts. First of all, since they closed the resort, it is their responsibility to call me, I should not have to search for this info on my own and call them. So on that alone I will not call them and switch resorts. Secondly, I'm not worried about all of the moderates being sold out during our trip by the time they call me because even if they are, then Disney will have to offer me another place to stay since it is not my fault that the resort is closed.

If they don't want to offer upgrades to a deluxe hotel then they can avert that problem by simply blocking off rooms at the other moderates for the POFQ people. That way they can say "POFQ is closed during your stay so you will be moved to CBR" or whereever they wish to place me. If this is unacceptable to me then they can say "Sorry, that's all we have unless you change your rate for either the All-Stars or a deluxe." Since this would not be very good business, I doubt they would do this, which is why they do offer deluxe upgrades. Also, if Disney didn't want to be in the position of having to offer upgrades, they could have avoided it all by not letting people book reservations during their renovations! I mean, honestly, if this really is a renovation, it's going to take an exceptionally long time to complete and something this major is not planned in 3 weeks. If they're starting May 3, then they knew about it for a long time--I don't mean any CMs, but Disney itself, the head guys who make these decisions. So they could have simply listed POFQ as closed or booked or whatever they wanted to call it in the CRO computers for all arrivals after 5/3. Since they decided to pull this spur of the moment closure, they have to accomodate the guests booked to stay there.

So it's not like anyone is trying to get something for nothing, since when we all booked our reservations at POFQ we did not anticipate it being closed during our stay. If that were the case then yes, I would say we're all trying to get something for nothing. If I had wanted to stay at another moderate, I would have booked my stay at the other resort, not at POFQ. I chose POFQ because I want to stay there, not because I want to stay at any moderate. People have said that since they didn't book a deluxe they didn't plan on staying there so they shouldn't get to stay there, but at the same time, I did not book CBR so why should I have to stay there. It's not like another moderate was my second choice, WL was. We chose POFQ over WL for this trip for many reasons, and after WL was ASMo. So it's not like I was going for POFQ just because it's a moderate, so no, I don't think I should be forced to stay at any other moderate. But really, I find it very hard to believe that if Disney called anyone and offered them an upgrade to a deluxe hotel that they'd turn it down.

I highly doubt that POFQ is being closed for anything other than saving money and I don't blame them at all. It is a small resort and maybe it's not looking like it will be full. It's foolish to have to keep open a half full resort. These days the travel industry is being hit hard and Disney is no different than any other business trying to keep it's head above water.

And as far as them offering upgrades they shouldn't have to. All they really need to do is move people to another moderate or even just refund people's deposits and be done with it. If it is a case of the resort not being full then it won't really hurt them anyway. If it was me I would not take advantage of a situation like this and would not take an upgrade unless I paid for it except in the case of there not being another moderate available for my vacation dates! It's sad to see Disney struggling, and it's even sadder to see people thinking about how this could help them save a little money!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter