Just off Wonder ask any questions!

Honest question, are there verandahs on deck 2?

We sailed aft in Alaska and were fine with it. I'd never take a room aft on the Fantasy though. The vibration was very noticeable just in the dining rooms.

No. But blocks in the same a/c area can go up and down, thus Deck 2 would be included with some verandah cabins. As can ocean view and interior cabins on other decks.

Skagway: We did the 4x4 mountain trail in Haines. Taking the 45 minute ferry there and back was nice. Alaska is beautiful. The mountain trek was wonderful and our tour guide- Mark - was great.
Juneau: Mendenhall Glacier, whale watching, and salmon bake. Very nice excursions.
Ketchikan: too misty (?) for the plane over Misty Fords. Rained all day but a beautiful town.
We were on your same cruise and also did the same Skagway excursion - loved the halibut! We were a bit surprised at how cold our weather was, especially that first day at sea. But, we had the most fantastic vacation and the post-cruise depression is REAL!!

We were on your same cruise and also did the same Skagway excursion - loved the halibut! We were a bit surprised at how cold our weather was, especially that first day at sea. But, we had the most fantastic vacation and the post-cruise depression is REAL!!
The meal at the cabin was unreal. I don't think I had ever eaten halibut before, but you're right. It was delicious. Did you get a chance to see our guide set off the Roman candles after we left Scagway?

The meal at the cabin was unreal. I don't think I had ever eaten halibut before, but you're right. It was delicious. Did you get a chance to see our guide set off the Roman candles after we left Scagway?

Are you two talking about this DCL excursion:
Takshanuk Mountain Trail by 4x4 (SW42)?
The photos on the DCL site make them look sort of like 4wd golf carts, if that makes sense. My kids love the really rugged 4wd off-road tours, which doesn't seem like something those things could do. Was the actual ride fairly tame then?

Thanks for answering the questions! How did most people dress for the dining rooms? We leave in 2 weeks so trying to plan for packing!

Did you have a server or assistant server that you loved? We sail in two months, and I'm looking for recommendations.

Thanks for answering the questions! How did most people dress for the dining rooms? We leave in 2 weeks so trying to plan for packing!
We had early seating so not sure if it affected dress as all aboard board times were later and excursions getting in close to dinner might have influenced attire.

Dress was much more casual. Not unusual to see jeans. I wore dark wash jeans and a blouse/shirt & sweater most nights and sandals. Formal night for me was dress pants and a blouse; same for Pablo brunch. Hubby never wore a jacket or tie. We did see the usual fancy dress on formal night with families getting portraits.

Are you two talking about this DCL excursion:
Takshanuk Mountain Trail by 4x4 (SW42)?
The photos on the DCL site make them look sort of like 4wd golf carts, if that makes sense. My kids love the really rugged 4wd off-road tours, which doesn't seem like something those things could do. Was the actual ride fairly tame then?
That is it. They are not golf carts and they are powerful. Lots of cutbacks going up and coming down. My family enjoyed this excursion. The views at the end of the trail are gorgeous

We had early seating so not sure if it affected dress as all aboard board times were later and excursions getting in close to dinner might have influenced attire.

Dress was much more casual. Not unusual to see jeans. I wore dark wash jeans and a blouse/shirt & sweater most nights and sandals. Formal night for me was dress pants and a blouse; same for Pablo brunch. Hubby never wore a jacket or tie. We did see the usual fancy dress on formal night with families getting portraits.

Thank you! We have early searting as well and had heard (and planning for) it was much more casual. Can't wait to go!

How many adults and children were in your cabin and how much did your cruise cost?

MUN
3 adults (son is 20). As far as the cost? I'm married so my wife set up everything. I want to say around 5k? We were on level 2 with a porthole. That does not include any excursions.

We leave in a few weeks! How warm should we plan on dressing for the glacier. We are doing the excursion from the boat. fleece with rain coat? Down jacket? Hats, mitts. As well, how did you dress for the land excursions. We are planning on the plane over the glaciers, boat through Misty Fjords and the trip to the Yukon with the train.

Happy to hear the formal night wasn't that formal. Not sure how formal I want to get. This is our 3rd Disney Cruise. We did New Years Eve last time so went all out formal. This time I am indifferent.

Thanks for your help.

Who was the cruise director, and members of the cruise staff?

I was on that cruise. CD was Trent. Club Host was Brian. I have to say, none of the cruise staff stood out to us except for the two concierge hosts, Joanna and Rodrigo.

Another quick question. How long does it take to walk each of the towns? We have some excursions planned but want to walk around the towns too. Ketchikan we have more time but more interested in Skagway and Juneau. Thanks to all that have been sharing their insights, getting very excited as we leave in a week for Vancouver!

fyi.... the Wonder is docked at AJ in Juneau. This is one mile from town. You want to budget travel/shuttle time.

Time to explore port time can vary with interest. Vancouver deserves a few days to explore.

fyi.... the Wonder is docked at AJ in Juneau. This is one mile from town. You want to budget travel/shuttle time.

Time to explore port time can vary with interest. Vancouver deserves a few days to explore.

Thanks. We have 2 full days in Vancouver beforehand to explore and get into vacation mode!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter