Just Married Buttons

Renwoman

Earning My Ears
When we checked in for our honeymoon this past week at Coronado Springs the front desk clerk only had "Happily ever after" buttons. She mentioned though that the parks should have the "Just Married" buttons. We checked both at Magic Kingdom and Epcot guest relations and they said they didn't have them anymore. But while we were there we saw a couple of people with them. I was so curious that I almost stopped them to ask them where they had gotten them, but didn't want to interrupt their vacation. Are these only given to those that were just married at Disney World? :confused3

When we checked in for our honeymoon this past week at Coronado Springs the front desk clerk only had "Happily ever after" buttons. She mentioned though that the parks should have the "Just Married" buttons. We checked both at Magic Kingdom and Epcot guest relations and they said they didn't have them anymore. But while we were there we saw a couple of people with them. I was so curious that I almost stopped them to ask them where they had gotten them, but didn't want to interrupt their vacation. Are these only given to those that were just married at Disney World? :confused3

We were just married on 12/3/10 at the WP and there were no just married buttons anywhere. We were pretty disappointed. Almost every CM said they had been discontinued. We were lucky enough to find 2 from a CM as we were walking into epcot. He got them from his supervisor that said they were not giving them out anymore.

We were married last week and were told the same thing! We were given 'Happily Ever After' buttons and when I asked about the 'Just Married' buttons, I was told that they were extremely difficult to find because they weren't handing them out anymore.

We were lucky enough to have a CM who found two at the check-in desk at GF, but it didn't look like there were too many available! :confused3

oh darn it! I knew I should've asked for them back in October while we were there but thought it would be way too early! Wonder why they're discontinuing them.

I just got back from my wedding and honeymoon this week and got two lots of just married buttons, one of the old set at my dessert party in Epcot and a new set (which matches the designs of all the other buttons) at check in at Wilderness Lodge - there was space for our names to be included too.

oh darn it! I knew I should've asked for them back in October while we were there but thought it would be way too early! Wonder why they're discontinuing them.

I believe this has something to do with their new theme for next year, "Let the Memories Begin", so they're not doing the "Celebrate" theme anymore, and part of that was giving out pins for things that people are celebrating, like birthdays, weddings, or first-time visitors. This totally sucks though, I was really looking forward to going to Magic Kingdom and having lots of people congratulate us. :sad1:

Hmm...I guess it just depends on who you see?

We got married at the WP on 10.30.10 and our wedding planner gave us "Just Married" buttons. We checked into Coronado Springs for our honeymoon and recieved the "Happily Ever After" buttons.
We then went back to the world in December to see the Candle Light Processional and checked into a different resort and again recieved the "Just Married" buttons.

We were stopped a few times on our honeymoon by couples asking where we got the buttons. I thought that maybe only the wedding planners had them...but then a month later we got them again. Weird.

I have a feeling they are discontinued and the CMs are just giving out the last of what they have...

:confused3

I'm about to head into work at epcot, I'm a seasonal CM, and I will ask one of my managers what the deal is! I will post back tonight what I find out.

If worse comes to worse you can write "Just Married" on it.We were given some "Happily Ever After" pins when we went for our floral mock-up and there's enough space to write with a marker "Just Married":thumbsup2

Honestly, at this point I don't care which pin they give me, i'm just so freaking excited!!!lol :rotfl:

I didn't even notice people didn't have these pins any more! As a former WDW bride myself, this year I saw a lot of "Happily Ever After" buttons and was actually quite jealous! I kept running up to couples (sometimes just half of one outside restrooms and the like) and going "Oh, congratulations!" :goodvibes I got some really surprised looks! I guess I don't think you'll get any less congrats than you normally would. After all, what other event could end in happily ever after?

I know this sounds silly but I wanted to get my husband a non-pink button. They are both pretty girly in the first place! He was such a trooper by wearing them. Any guy that wears the Mickey mouse groom ears too deserves major props!

We were in Disney last week for our planning session and tasting and we gathered a bunch of pins for our wedding in April. When we asked for the "just married" pins we were told that they are only for couples that get married in Disney. When we explained that we are in April they told us our wedding planner would give them to us....so who knows!!! Seems like alot of different answers!:confused3 I hope someone gives them to us!

I suspect, and I have no real way of confirming any of this, that the expectations of newly married couples was getting out of hand. So many stories are floating out there about all the freebies to be had that ending the "just married" buttons as they end the "What are you celebrating?" promotion makes sense. "Happily ever after" could mean a wedding, an anniversary, or even a romantic get away - thus taking the pressure off Disney from the high expectations of (some!) newly weds.. But, as I said, this is only a guess.

well im not taking a chance. My bride to be will be upset if we dont have just married buttons. SHe is a former disney CM and a disney finatic. So i just went online to the wdw store and purchased two pins for our disneymoon coming up in may. 2.99 a piece if anyone wants to know. Congrats to all the other disneymooners.

The word on the Just Married buttons from one of my managers at Epcot. They are being phased out and whatever is left is all that you are going to be able to find. The other buttons like Just Engaged and Happy Anniversary are still readily available. The Happily Ever After buttons will now be the go to button for newlyweds.

Today there was a couple that were wearing the Happily Ever After buttons today. I asked when was there wedding, they said 11 years ago. :confused3

well im not taking a chance. My bride to be will be upset if we dont have just married buttons. SHe is a former disney CM and a disney finatic. So i just went online to the wdw store and purchased two pins for our disneymoon coming up in may. 2.99 a piece if anyone wants to know. Congrats to all the other disneymooners.

Is this an online store? Link? Didn't see any at DisneyStore.com.

Fiancée would be bummed if we couldn't get those pins.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter