Just back

MikeBW

Mouseketeer
We are just back from 5 nights at BWV and 2 nights at AKL. We had a great time. The weather was chilly, if not down right cold, but it was still warmer than home. We had a BW view on the 2nd floor, right across from the basketball and watergun games. It was loud with the BW view and we will not be requesting that view again. After long days at the parks, screaming at 2 AM on the BW is not a good thing. The location is great, we saw Fantasmic and then walked to Epcot to catch the fireworks. The food for the entire trip was great. Boma is excellent. Whispering Canyon Cafe is really fun (my kids said they should call it Shouting Canyon). I went thru the lunch buffet at the Biergarten 3 times. The parks were crowded. I think a good plan is to avoid the parks on weekends, it seems more crowded than weekdays.
If anyone has any questions, let me know.

Welcome back! We have BW view villas booked for our next two trips, and now I'm getting concerned about noise. Have you ever stayed in any other BW view rooms? Would you mind sharing your room number? And, would you possibly have any photos online of your villa?

Thanks!

CaliforniaDreaming,

We were in room 2033. If you look at the picture in your signature, it is one of those half moon openings above the store. In your picture, there are 2 of the 3 openings, we were in the third one. It was closest to the Big River Brewery. This was the only BW view room that we have stayed in. Maybe it would be not so noisy on the higher floors. We were right across from the watergun race game with the ringing bell to start the game and end it. We have young kids, so they were in bed early and my daughter had some trouble falling to sleep. IMHO the view was great and it was fun to watch the happenings on the BW, but we will probably not get a BW view again. We have had pool views and parking lot views, and there was a difference in the noise level.

Welcome back!!! I'm also concerned with the noise problem - we have a Boardwalk view for 8 nights in March (our first trip home!)- I may change that to a garden view if that's the case.......... From other threads I thought it would be pretty soundproof with the doors closed...? :confused: I'm a light sleeper and often bring a fan on vacations to drown out the outside noise - is there a fan in the room that you can run?

Glad you had a good time. Wow, the weather was chilly huh? We are trying to decide if we should go next Feb or March. But if it is still chilly in Feb maybe we should go later. Thanks for the report!

Thanks for the report. We have never had a BW view and may like one on the future. We have stayed in the Standard View and even noticed a difference in location there. The first time we stayed we were what seemed liked miles from the elevators but in a quiet location. This last trip we were one door from the elevator but 3 out of 7 seven nights we were woken up from people leaving the boardwalk area very late at night and in "very good spirits"! We just laughed and fell right back to sleep. It may have been a different story if one of the kids had been woken up.......:D

Hi,

Thanks for the report!!!! Glad you had a good time!!!

Allison an associate

Yes, we did have a fan in the room, but it was a bit chilly to be running it. I think there was a real blizzard at Blizzard Beach last week! :smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!