Just Back: Just a Few Notes

BebopBaloo

Rebellions are built on hope
-Short and Mostly Sweet-

Coffee: I LOVE that Disney doesn't charge extra for soy in lattes,mochas,etc. I don't know about the Starbucks locations, but at a Joffrey's Kiosk and at the Rix (to-go) at CSR, I was not charged extra. It's nice not to pay a penalty for needing something that's not dairy.

Crowds: Bonkers (not the cute cat either). Spring Break, so of course they were. However, we still did a whole whole lot. I really like the FastPass+ set up. We've used it a few times before, but this trip it proved it's worth. The new security check points at MK are fantastic and really help the flow of crowds. Getting into Epcot, however, was especially bad one day. Probably took 45 from the time we got off the bus before we got into the park.

Refillable Popcorn Bucket: A great deal, except what's with the varying prices? We paid $9.39 for the bucket at AK and refills were $1.39 there. At Epcot the bucket was selling for $9.99 and refills were a $1.99. Is this because of the multiple flavor options there?...Even if so, it's still odd.

Smoker's Trail: What used to be a cute shortcut complete with Alice in Wonderland cutouts between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland is now a lengthy smoking section. I really wish I had known the whole thing was like that before heading down that way. We were with someone who is super sensitive to smoke. The smoke from the trail also wafts up into the Barnstormer queue. It's a pretty unfortunate spot to have the smoking section and really too big of an area. I understand that there has to be some location, but having the smoke wind up into a queue filled some of the youngest customers is not okay.

Monster's Inc Laugh Floor: "Comedy is hard." Typically we've enjoyed this show (we've been put on the screen a couple times), but twice in the show we attended, the jokes weren't exactly ok. Some jokes made at audience members weren't funny. So...I don't know. I love Monster's Inc. the film and would like to see it have a presence in the park, but maybe it's time for a different attraction. I wouldn't exactly be sad to see Laugh Floor end today.

Tiki Birds: DON'T GO!!!!! :( :( For those who haven't heard..it's rumored to be closing for good / timeline uncertain. It needs some TLC, but it's still such a sweet bit of history and a personal favorite. Perhaps, if it had an introduction similar in scope to the intro for Carousel of Progress, audiences who are unfamiliar with the Tiki Room would appreciate it more.

Weather: WAS AMAZING!

All done.

Last edited:
You mean people in the crowd made fun of someone's physical appearance on screen? Or the "show" did? I'm confused.

You mean people in the crowd made fun of someone's physical appearance on screen? Or the "show" did? I'm confused.

The show. I didn't want to be detailed because I don't want to make things any worse in case they are reading and were embarrassed by it, just wanted to mention that someone was made fun of by the show host/s and they shoudn't have been.

45 minutes from bus to inside the gate is insane at Epcot, must have been very crowded.

45 minutes from bus to inside the gate is insane at Epcot, must have been very crowded.

It was really odd. We were there on Monday and it was a little bit of a wait to get in, but nothing bad. Then Wednesday came and it was insane. Even the cast members around were commenting about how unexpected it was. We came back again on Friday and had no problem though it was very busy. All of those days we entered the parks around the 9am/10am time frame.

Even worse on a Wednesday! That's our go to Epcot day every trip, lol. Hopefully it won't be so bad in 3 weeks, we will be there before RD for a PPO ADR at Garden Grill.

Even worse on a Wednesday! That's our go to Epcot day every trip, lol. Hopefully it won't be so bad in 3 weeks, we will be there before RD for a PPO ADR at Garden Grill.

I imagine, it will be fine then :) Hopefully, it was just a fluke thing. Enjoy your trip! We love Garden Grill, but have yet to do breakfast there.

WAIT!!! THE TIKI ROOM!!! I hadn't heard that.....where did you? Those birds are my lifeline to sanity...sad, but true! I love them! The flowers, the singing Tiki gods... C'mon! This rumor is ...for the birds!! ....NOT THE GLEE CLUB!! Fifi...Gigi..Mimi...etc.

Smoker's Trail: What used to be a cute shortcut complete with Alice in Wonderland cutouts between Storybook Circus and Tomorrowland is now a lengthy smoking section. I really wish I had known the whole thing was like that before heading down that way. We were with someone who is super sensitive to smoke. The smoke from the trail also wafts up into the Barnstormer queue. It's a pretty unfortunate spot to have the smoking section and really too big of an area. I understand that there has to be some location, but having the smoke wind up into a queue filled some of the youngest customers is not okay.
That actually isn't the way Disney intends that smokers' section to be. Over the weekend we were waiting in line at Barnstormer & a smoker was on the trail right across from the ride, & wafting smoke. The Barnstormer CM paused her line-control job to ask him to go further down the trail next to the trash cans & ash trays "where the designated smoking section is". Then she apologized to those in line for the smoke after he walked off.

So if people are smoking the whole length of that walkway, especially near a queue, they're doing it wrong. The actual designated smoking area is much smaller than the trail. Perhaps better signage is needed. You might want to email Disney about your friend's experience.

In regards to the Tiki Room, it is still just a rumor...But I really do wish that whether or not it's true that something would be done to keep the nostalgia intact while having it make sense to those unfamiliar with it. I don't want any IP characters thrown in like the past mess with Iago and Zazu. Just some historical grounding could go a long way. I think more people care about history than is realized.

That actually isn't the way Disney intends that smokers' section to be. Over the weekend we were waiting in line at Barnstormer & a smoker was on the trail right across from the ride, & wafting smoke. The Barnstormer CM paused her line-control job to ask him to go further down the trail next to the trash cans & ash trays "where the designated smoking section is". Then she apologized to those in line for the smoke after he walked off.

So if people are smoking the whole length of that walkway, especially near a queue, they're doing it wrong. The actual designated smoking area is much smaller than the trail. Perhaps better signage is needed. You might want to email Disney about your friend's experience.

Maybe I will. Better signage is definitely needed.

-Short and Mostly Sweet-

Refillable Popcorn Bucket: A great deal, except what's with the varying prices? We paid $9.39 for the bucket at AK and refills were $1.39 there. At Epcot the bucket was selling for $9.99 and refills were a $1.99. Is this because of the multiple flavor options there?...Even if so, it's still odd.

Animal Kingdom and Magic Kingdom are in 2 different counties with 2 different tax rates.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter