Just Back from First Trip to BCV

DisneyDuo

A perplexed friend said to me, "You must fart Pixi
Hi everyone - just back from our first trip home. Great stay, but the parks were much more crowded than we expected for this time of year! We were in room 231, a dedicated Studio. Very quiet, good view of fireworks and woodlands. We loved it! Received several "welcome homes" during the week. No bugs. Housekeeping was okay, not immaculate but adequate. They didn't wash our bathroom floor on full cleaning day, and we found a few crayons under the chair cushion left from previous residents.

Any questions I can answer?

Lin

Thanks for your report! I was staying over at BWV on my first trip home and had a lot of the same observations...... Although HK for us was wonderful, we also had NO BUGS (Not even flying around outside....... Yippee!), and LARGE CROWDS (Weird.). Didn't seem typical to me either for the "value" season. I was happy that the parks seemed so busy (figured they must be doing well) but thought how closed in one must feel during the busier times.

Glad you received lots of "Welcome Homes". No questions here. Just wanted you to know I appreciated your post. :wave2:

Hi D.Enthusiast! I read your post too! Yes, the crowds were surprising - we usually go this time of year and just walk right on the rides. We spent the time with other experiences instead - rented a canopy boat, saw the Tarzan and Lion King shows that we have skipped in the past, miniature golf, etc.

It sure was hard to come back here to snowy, cold PA, wasn't it! Oh well, we're already planning next year's trip ;-)

Lin

Lin, You are so right! My son can't understand why I won't let him go out to play....... frostbite! So we meandered around the resort, saw dinner shows, rented a boat, played at the pool. The parks were just so crowded. So are you trying again for next January? We are booked for December (our usual) but were thinking of changing it to Jan due to the "low crowds" and our nonbusy season w/ the family business. I'm not sure now. What will you be doing?

FYI- We were in WDW in Jan- the day before the marathon and the week after, and it was a walk on to everything! Just thought you'd like to know that if you're thinking about changing months. OH! Also- the Xmas decrations were still up- at least where we stayed they were!

Thanks for the post! Glad to hear you enjoyed BCV. I am disappointed to hear that the parks were crowded. We are already booked for december (first week) and knowing myself, I will want to go again in the winter. I was thinking maybe the 2nd week of feb. Would Feb be better than march?

I agree with karebear1, we were there for the marathon and the week after and there were no waits. Great time to go.::yes::

Originally posted by Lexxiefern
Thanks for the post! Glad to hear you enjoyed BCV. I am disappointed to hear that the parks were crowded. We are already booked for december (first week) and knowing myself, I will want to go again in the winter. I was thinking maybe the 2nd week of feb. Would Feb be better than march?

I agree with karebear1, we were there for the marathon and the week after and there were no waits. Great time to go.::yes::

We were just there the first week of Feb 1-6. I didn't think it was very crowded - MK is also more crowded than the rest.... And we had great weather - low to mid 70's everyday!!

What week were the crowds high?

I think later in Feb gets busy with time off for President's day. My kids had off today (feb 12) for Lincolns' (since we live in IL). Also, the Daytona 500 is this weekend and a lot have off on Monday.

I've read posts about the bugs laughing - the only time we had bugs was at a mini golf place after dusk.. and only around my mom :) They love her - maybe the perfume?

Anyway, I love reading all the posts - I'd love to go one year the first week of December...

Take care,
Annette

FWIW, if you're thinking post-xmas, try first 203 weeks in January (but before MLK day -- gets crowded for that!) We have gone during the week before / including xmas and it was great, but once xmas day arrived -- aye yi yi the HUMANITY was EVERYWHERE! On another trip (Jan 2-10), VERYYYY nice! Very low low crowds. I think some families pick Feb. timing because it isn't right as school goes back (like January) and is well before Spring break (and pre-break exams). And there's all the snow birds already down there. Not sure what impact NASCAR would have, but the Daytona Bud Shoot-Out was last wkend; then , as one person already noted, Daytona is this coming wkend. And President's Day is around this same timing. All that together spells crowds.

I wonder too if I've just become spoiled by the lower crowds of post 9/11 and now that the parks are picking up in attendance, I feel it more? Just a thought.

DH personally thought that the August crowds were no worse than xmas... he in fact preferred August because he was guaranteed weather hot enough to hit the water parks with the boys. (Dec and Jan can be iffy for swimming... we have been there when it's been in the 80's, and we have been there when it never crept above 50!)

Hi,

Glad you had a good time!!! Thanks for sharing!

Allison an associate

We usually visit WDW in January and it is wonderful as far as crowds, but the weather can be iffy (i.e., cold!) So we thought early Feb would work. Weather was great, but we were spoiled by the lower crowds earlier in the year.

We have a few theories for why it seemed more crowded this year:

1 - better economy, so more people traveling again (this is good for the company, of course!)

2 - the "magical gatherings" program - did see many large family groups - don't think I've ever seen so many strollers and wheelchairs/scooters at one time!!!

3 - the bad winter, leading to more folks decided to "escape" south.

We will be going in January next year, mainly so we can take advantage of using the Annual Passess twice in the year. It will be interesting to see if there is a difference in the crowds.

No matter how crowded or what the weather - we always have a great time! We love WDW!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter