Just Back from 9 days at the world and got some cool pins!(and pressed pennies)

tigger2esq

Princess Extraordinaire
I am bummed that I was not able to meet most of you at any of the scheduled pin meets. We were traveling with WDW "first timers" and tried to do a lot of things that we had never done before like the Luau and the Hoop De Doo and the Keys to the Kingdom Tour (which ran WAY long so we missed the 1/3 Scoops meet) I did get to meet the Honorable Peachident while waiting in line at EPCOT for the New Years Pin! ( I of course was caught red handed WITHOUT a peachident pin!! I definitaly need one NOW!!!) and Jen (aka JenWDWfan) on the Illuminations Criuse we shared Friday night (in the FREEZING COLD!!!)
We did snag some cool pins on the trip though--we got the New years pins in Epcot and the new years day pins at DownTown Disney. We also got the Tinkerbell animation pin which is way cool (and I traded one to Jen for the last Osborne Lights pin). I snagged the Minnie as sugar plum fairly and nutcracker Mickey as well as the drummer whose arms move which was cute. I got my 1/2 Marathon pin, the Cogsworth LE from the IMAX release of Beauty and the Beast. I saw a lot of the Holiday pins (but no Mickey) which I didnt buy as well as the Mickey Pin trader with the little lanyard which I passed on for some reason... Didnt do much trading with cast members--except for a rack Buzz lightyear for DH, the Mickey and Minne pins from the "starter kit" lanyard and pins which I thought were cute and had to have, and some golfing rack pins for a friend of mine.

the biggest thing we did was scour the "world" for pressed pennies!! it was funny--the last night we were humming the Mission Impossible theme as we drove from resort to resort to complete the villains series and also hunt down Cinderella!! LOL! DH totally filled his penny book and now needs a new one for the extras!!!

I did run the 1/2 marathon and finished with a respectable time of about 2:45 which included a few stops for photos with Snow White, Chip and Dale, cinderellas castle... etc.) It was a lot of fun and the weather cooperated (no rain until about 10 minutes after I finished!!!).

I am already planning my next trip (even though my luggage still hasnt found it way home just yet... good thing the pins were in my carry on. :) )

Renee
I am feeling beary Eeyore-ish about not getting to meet you. I have wanted to for about six or eight months now. Not even two hours in 216 hours to meet you pin pals :BIG SIGH:

So in my best Eeyore sounding voice ... Oh well, it's okay. Maybe another time.

Congratulations on the marathon. I HAVE to say that medallion they gave you guys for running was way awesome. I was admiring them all day long yesterday, both that huge gold Mickey AND the Donald.

Maybe next time.

sorry Kathryn. yes lots of excuses for not meeting up but our days were literally jam packed. Plus I was a party pooper much of the week needing to get to bed early and get my rest for the marathon. most of the days we got our afternoon naps in too (which were much needed as we discovered the one day we did not nap...). Finally--DH ended up coming down with a nasty cold mid-week so the day of the Scoops meet--we ended up going straight back to the room for some warming up and a nap so he could rest. he was really miserable! we did the same thing the night of the contemporary meet, and the night of the Poly meet I was asleep by 9pm after watching Spectromagic for the very first time ever!!!(yes NINE!) since I had to get to bed and be up at 3am the next day for the big race.

Yes the race medal is really cool--I got the Donald one since I only ran 13.1 miles and not 26.2... I wore it in to work today to show everyone and they were all laughing at me!! LOL!

Since DH and I bought into the DVC just last month--there will be MANY more trips to WDW in our future!!!

about the DVC part. Rest up a lot before coming down so we can play together a little next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest