Just back, DAS return time

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can you imagine how many requests Disney gets from people exactly like this. How can they pick and choose who gets these special treatments and who doesn't? Why would you expect special treatment just because of an illness? My mom died of cancer and we never asked anyone for anything. In fact, I rarely even say anything to people about it because it is none of anyone's business plus I know that every single family has their own tragedies. We are not special that we deserve special treatment,or expect that a business should give us anything for free. Unreal.
Yes this. Everyone must die just apart of life I know a few people that have died young (20-30) and none of them exported something special I am guessing the PP is not young and his dad was not young either when he died ( maybe 60-70 or older) but had a nice log life and got to do and see things This is much different then a child that spends month in the hospital and appointment and had treatment and procedures that no child should have to go though and they get one week to really be a kid ( and some do not even make it for the week before they die some go back home where they will have to fight their battle ). I am sorry for your lost but come on man if every adult ( and again we all must die) said to Disney I am firing
Dying this is my wish then Disney would go out of business. And yet I hear stories all the time of CM hearing someone is their that Hs gone though some really hard times in their life and they go above and beyond to make a magie moment ( their was a thread on here not too long ago about just this). So to say becuse diseny said no too you they are not as good as other places is just wrong becuse guess what sea world more then likely said no to someone else and maybe Disney said yes to them.

You missed the point, as per usual, the Dolphin ones for example we were willing to pay for both times, they were full both times when we could, Sea World still made it happen and unexpectedly, Disney wouldn't.

But as for that last family trip to Sea World, you definitely missed the point, that was as much about fulfilling his wish as it was about a family, including at the time a 7 year old boy (not me, my brother) making some final memories with my dad. And you may think he had a long life, unfortunately, he died very young, additionally, they never had a lot of money and chances like this were rare to say the least.

My point is Sea World was willing to make it happen, Disney wasn't and I said I am not judging who was right or wrong, simply explaining why I said the statement that no one does more than Disney was wrong. In looking into things further, Sea World does that type of stuff all the time for both adults and children, if it isn't coming through an official organization, they do require to be able to work directly with the doctor to avoid abuse and it takes some time, which is understandable, but they do it and they do it very quietly because they aren't doing it to get fame for it, they are doing it because they care. Honestly, the only time I have heard of Sea World saying no was someone who they discovered was faking and there are a couple instances of that, Sea World even pursued legal action against them as a result and as they should.

I have seen Disney repeatedly say no to terminally ill adults and I have seen policies in place at other parks that far exceed what Disney does.

With the Dolphins, how easy would it have been for Disney to add an extra spot, at that point that we had the money we were even willing to pay extra, as we were able to, nope it was full and nothing could be done.

BTW, If your dying wish is that Disney would go out of business, then this is the wrong board for you.

Not sure why I continue to respond to people on this thread, you guys have no heart and don't care about people other than yourselves (not everyone on this thread, but a few of you).

BTW, If your dying wish is that Disney would go out of business, then this is the wrong board for you.

Just to be clear, that isn't what they said at all. They said (correcting the punctuation and typos): "I am sorry for your loss, but come on man if every adult ( and again we all must die) said to Disney, 'I am dying this is my wish,' then Disney would go out of business."

Just to be clear, that isn't what they said at all. They said (correcting the punctuation and typos): "I am sorry for your loss, but come on man if every adult ( and again we all must die) said to Disney, 'I am dying this is my wish,' then Disney would go out of business."
thanks, punctuation is not my best thing ( maybe worst then my spelling) and I was on my phone so was even harder.

Disability Access Service is exactly that, not make-a-wish or any adult equivalent of that. Some guests with terminal conditions have a different pass and accomodations, others don’t.

It does both disabled and terminal guests a disservice to lump them in together. It’s not the same thing. Providing accommodations for one has no bearing on the other.

Last edited:
You also have to look at attendance. Randomly picking 2009, attendance at Seaworld San Diego was around 4 million. At WDW, total attendance at all 4 parks was over 47 million, with over 17 million at MK alone. AK had the lowest attendance, and it was over 9 million. The scale of operations between SW and WDW can’t be compared.

Not to mention, can you imagine what would happen when it started flying across the internet that if you just ask and provide documentation, Disney will offer to come you a trip, or give you a special “last wish”? We’ve all seen what lowlifes did to get a GAC years back, and that was just to skip lines...

I totally understand having a special affinity for a place that did something so special for a loved one, but I don’t get thinking that every other park that doesn’t do it is somehow inferior.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter