Just back BCV 6/22-26

Connears

Connears
Stayed in one bedroom (room 120) @ BCV from 6/22-6/26. Loved it. No horror stories of fireants or broken furniture! We had a very quiet room on the first floor in the tiny wing with just 5 rooms. Never had a problem with AC and ours was adjustable and never was hot or cold. Our patio looked onto garden area. We were steps away from the two "living rooms" and the quiet pool(we used this because SAB was crazy!). Short walk to self park area that leads right into the villas. We had great service everywhere @BC. Our villa was ready when we checked in at 12:30pm! CM were very efficient and got many "welcome home"s. Still love my home resort of OKW, but glad we tried BCV.
Connears

Glad your trip went so well. We had the same type experience. We enjoyed it so much that we added on at BCV. Our fisrt 'home away form home' is OKW also, bought back in'93.

Gotta' love DVC for all the great choices.
:wave: :wave: :wave:

Connears...thanks for the report!

"SAB was crazy"....I guess this means overcrowded? Or does this refer to the behavior of the guests in some way?

Glad that you had a great trip. Thanks for posting your thoughts on your stay. :)

We also stayed at BCV recently - June 22-28. It was heaven. We had a one bedroom on the 4th floor. It was a smoking optional room, but did not smell of smoke at all. Pool view. No ants. No garbage in the corridors. No noisy neighbors above, below, either side. AC was perfect all the time. Water pressure was a little low, but we expected that. Room was clean and in great condition. No burns anywhere from smokers. It was ready when I checked in at 8:00 AM. Except the housekeeper came back to shampoo the carpet after I had already checked in. CMs were all friendly. Elevators were all working great. Used the rear elevator a lot to get to the car. Parking lot filled up during the day from day parkers - noted the temporary parking permit on the window. SAB was busy and they checked room IDs and gave out wrist bands. The Villagator was there the entire time - we saw him several mornings. The grounds staff was feeding him raw chicken parts to keep him happy and away from the guests.

The Villagator? Is this true? How big? Is he in a controlled environment at all or just roaming about the grounds? I know it's FLA and all but a gator at the Villas???

Bob Riley

We just returned from a quick overnighter to test out BCV..loved it! Anyway, our balcony was right over the "canal" and Villagator was there all morning. Don't worry, I don't think he leaves this area. It is under the bridge!

I'm thinking about going next June, mid-month. Have a couple questions...was it real hot and humid and how were the crowds? We usually go in early November, but I would like to lounge around the pool more, so I'm thinking of going right when I'm out of school (I work in an elementary school) for the summer. Any opinions from those who have been there this time? Thanks!:D Oh, don't know if this matters or not, but I'm thinking about "going home" to BCV, but will the pool be too crowded? Should we stay at another resort? Thanks!

I also just got back from BCV June 20 thru June 29. First ....the bad: low water pressure in shower and the whirlpool tub did not work. Did not receive a single "Welcome Home". Now the Good:bounce: Fantastic resort, stormalong bay is everything you hear about it......Amazing, no need to go to any water parks. The AC in room was always comfortable....actually got cold several nights. Cape May was very good and the resort is in the middle of everything! Stayed in room 536 a designated 1BR which had a fantastic view of the vilagator, fireworks at MK and the quiet pool. This year the weather was very rainy at first but nice for the remainder of the week, got very humid a couple days. MK was absolutely packed all week but the other parks were not as crowded. Overall another fantastic DVC experience.

We saw the alligator two times, he stays right by the bridge to the parking lot at the villa end. Weather for us was very nice. Only really humid day was spent at AK and it was miserable until we did Kali! Have to disagree with above post...got lots of "welcome Homes" and great CM's. We spent alot of time at the villa pool because SAB was very crowded. This pool is great to relax in and our kids loved it(13 year old DS and his friend). Swam every afternoon and very convenient to our room 120. Shower pressure and whirlpool pressure were also fine.
Connears

Not only did we see the Villagator at BCVs, but we also saw one at the MK in the lagoon surrounding Tom Sawyer's island. He was NOT an animatronic one either. Both were content to remain in the water feeding off the chicken parts that were dropped in the water to them. The Villagator was very near the bridge that crosses from the parking lot to the quiet pool and then further down the canal near the hot tub at the quiet pool. There is a rather steep bank for him to climb if he would choose to leave the water. By feeding him regularly, he pretty much stays in the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter