Jussie Smollett trial

After being brutally beaten, having a noose put around his neck and bleach poured on him, having bravely fought off two vicious attackers and rushing to the safety of his home...he still had his Subway sandwich in his hand!

And it was untouched :rotfl2:Perfectly fine, no trace of bleach, not disturbed at all. It's like he put it on the curb to protect it while his pretend hate crime was being orchestrated. He needs some mental help, as do those that still believe him.

There’s a website that posts links to current news articles that would sometimes refer to him as “Disgraced Subway Sandwich Fan Jussie Smollet……..”
Made me laugh every time 😂

He doesn't need mental help. He needs some jail time, both for his lying and for the harm he did to future legitimate victims.

This isn't the kind of crime that will yield a lot of jail time, but I'd like to see him do at least a year of actual incarceration.
I'd still like to understand why he did this. I mean it just not compute unless there's some sort of mental illness. What would he have gotten out of it?

I'd still like to understand why he did this. I mean it just not compute unless there's some sort of mental illness. What would he have gotten out of it?
He truly believes he didn't lie. That's the insane part of all of this.

But he 100% should pay the price. Just because you are mentally ill, doesn't mean you shouldn't be punished.

But, like you, I wonder what the mental illness is. And what is the mental illness of those that believe he did not arrange this?

Fame, attention, social media prominence.

i agree. he had a mediocre career prior to 'empire' with some roles as a child actor and then small roles in tv and film. he announced at one point he had signed a recording contract with columbia records but the only thing he's ever released was self released under some label he created. the role he was playing on 'empire' was getting tremendous attention as groundbreaking-him? not so much. i think he was trying to garner some attention in hopes of stimulating his career.

btw-this is not the first time he's lied to law enforcement. back in 2007 he was stopped for a dui and gave police a false name and signed his brother's name on the summons promising to appear in court. he ended up pleading no contest to misdemeanor providing false information to law enforcement as well as driving with a blood alcohol level over the legal limit and driving without a valid driver's licence. he was fined and given 2 years probation.

btw-this is not the first time he's lied to law enforcement. back in 2007 he was stopped for a dui and gave police a false name and signed his brother's name on the summons promising to appear in court.

Oh wow. I didn't know this. Maybe he is just a bad person. Who would do that to their brother?

Fame, plus becoming the darling of those who value victims and want to compensate him for the wrong done to him. Lots more acting offers.

I cannot believe anyone believed him for one second. From the get go, his story had more holes than Swiss cheese.

But he 100% should pay the price. Just because you are mentally ill, doesn't mean you shouldn't be punished.

But, like you, I wonder what the mental illness is. And what is the mental illness of those that believe he did not arrange this?
I don’t think he believes any of his lies. He’s just in deny, deny, deny mode.

I have seen some of these cases where somebody gets arrested and they use a relative's name. the relative then has their name in the system, they try to get a job and poof. Jerk move.

Jussie's story didn't sound right from the beginning, and then the cops couldn't find anyone fitting the description he gave on surveillance cameras (big city, lots of cameras on the street), just the two guys he paid to pretend attack him.

He wanted his name in the news to get publicity since his fifteen minutes of fame was soon ending. Sad part is so called “journalists” ran with the story and fanned the flames without the facts or even investigating the story.

He’s a racist scum thought it will make his career better. I knew the story was fake when he made it up. They attacked me because I’m black, homosexual and a tv star.. they had maga hats on. Too many things didn’t add up.

His story didn’t sound logical right from the start, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt at first. You know, truth is stranger than fiction and all that.

But by the third day after it was kind of obvious that things just didn’t happen the way he described. Logistically it would next to impossible, and each new detail that was revealed strained credibility.

I remember there were supposedly threatening letters sent to the producers of his show about him. There was going to be a separate investigation about those, but I don’t recall hearing if that ever went forward.

Sentencing: GUILTY, 5 months Jail, restitution to Police Dept judge was quite stern saying he perjured himself on the stand , is a narcissist and basically what a disgrace he brought to his family AND those that are truly fighting for fair treatment.
imho… he was given too LITTLE jail time.
his histrionics at the end just bolstered the Judges Very harsh words during sentencing

I cannot believe he was still claiming innocence as he left the courtroom. :sad2: Dude, your acting isn't that good.

His repeated claims on not being suicidal do have me pondering what his motives are. Is he trying to get out of gen pop? Is he pulling a John McAfee? Does he truly see himself on Epstein's level? :confused3

I am surprised he got time. I thought he wouldn't get it. The judge really ripped into him, which is deserved.

I don't believe he thinks he didn't lie. I just think he feels it was justified.

And did Smollett shouting repeatedly he’s “Not Suicidal” hint to his life being in danger? ala Jeffrey Epstein style… Makes you question if he was hired for his acting skills to create a fake hate crime?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter