June?

widget

va-va-voom!
Could anyone give me information regarding a trip in June to DLP. What would be closed (apart from POTC - :sad2: ). Weather wise what should I pack (planning 1st to 5th). And crowds - being the end of the UK half term how busy is busy??
Thank you all :flower:

Planning another spur of the moment trip, Widget? ;) If we get another hilarious trip report, that's fine with me!

We went towards the end of May half term in 1998, which is a long time ago, but I'm not sure how things have changed crowds-wise. It was fairly busy, but the crowds and the sunshine gave the park a great atmosphere. The wait times for the major rides were long (I remember ridiculously long waits for Indiana Jones, Big Thunder Mountain, Space Mountain and Peter Pan) but that was before the introduction of FastPass! The actual atmosphere in the park during parades, etc. was fantastic due to the crowds. The weather was also great, though we did have one rainy afternoon. (It was warm rain, though, and I didn't stop my sister and me riding Big Thunder Mountain and getting drenched!)

As for closed attractions, it looks like it's only Pirates of the Caribbean during your proposed stay. We will be going the following week (10-14) and luckily Pirates will re-open on the 11th but Alice's Curious Labyrinth will close on the 13th. See here for a list of closed attractions: http://www.dlp.info/HintsInfos/ClosedAtts_A.htm

Thanks for that Bonnie. Yep, im hoping to get a bargain deal with Disneyland Hotel as on the 2nd of June they are renovating the outside and have cut a hefty bit off the price of the room so I feel a 2 day break coming on...not sure how the finances are working out though!! I had a win (very small - nothing to scream about) on the lottery recently and thought Id save it for later in the year. But my Dad is waiting for an operation and it could be October time so id need to be around for my dithery old mum (!bless her cotton socks!!). Pity to have missed you - Ill make sure I tell them your coming and to keep the good weather for you :flower:

We're going for our 3rd June visit and have our fingers crossed regarding the weather. On previous visits it's been great. It shouldn't be too busy (again fingers crossed) as most UK schools only get a week at Spring Bank. We are lucky & get 2!

Main drawback is quite early closing & no Fireworks

Hmm - quite early closing and no fireworks......dunno about you but with the right hunky fella on my arm.....early closing could mean fireworks ;) :rotfl: :blush: So would you say wet weather gear would be necessary? Im thinking a sweatshirt for warmth but not sure about which coat would be best.

Oooooh, could we have a trip report Widget? Pretty please?!

Perhaps ill do another report when I get back - but not if I meet that hunk and fireworks happen !! :earseek: ;)

Perhaps ill do another report when I get back - but not if I meet that hunk and fireworks happen !!

That's fine by me widget. There is such a thing as Too Much Information!!! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter