June 5, 2016 - Magic Goes to England, Ireland, Scotland and France

We just booked this cruise on Friday! I can't wait to be joining you. I haven't read all 32 pages yet, but I will get there.
I'm Tracy, and this will be my 15th DCL cruise, first time cruising Europe. I will be traveling with my Disney Cruise-loving family, DH Adam, and DDs 15 & 12. I can't believe it is SO CLOSE!
Looking forward to getting to know you all via your posts.

I feel like I should start packing! It's going to be here before we know it!

VA Mickey Pals - that should get you all fixed up! Let us know if you aren't able to PM Alohagirl73 for FE participation and we'll see what we can do to help sort it out.

We just booked this cruise on Friday! I can't wait to be joining you. I haven't read all 32 pages yet, but I will get there.
I'm Tracy, and this will be my 15th DCL cruise, first time cruising Europe. I will be traveling with my Disney Cruise-loving family, DH Adam, and DDs 15 & 12. I can't believe it is SO CLOSE!
Looking forward to getting to know you all via your posts.

Welcome! Glad you found us - wow - you're about to be in a rush for getting all the planning done but at least you have DCL experience! The Europe part isn't really much different except for figuring out how to see everything you want to see! Have you made your flight arrangements yet? I'll add you to the who's sailing list, and if you want to participate in Fish Extenders, we're doing sign-ups through April 30th so there's still time - just send a PM to Alohagirl73 and she'll get you all set up.

In just 7 weeks (less than 50 days!) we will begin sailing around the British Isles!

I can't believe it's this soon. Nathan has a week of classes and then exams, Zachary has 2 1/2 weeks of classes plus 6 days of AP exams (I told him that was too many AP classes!), and DH has less than 6 weeks until he's retired (and he's taking several days off between now and then). We have Z's graduation, too, plus college prep stuff, lease to sign, orientation stuff to get ready since we'll be heading into that pretty much right off the ship when we get back.

I feel like I should start packing! It's going to be here before we know it!
Thank goodness we have Memorial Day weekend just before heading out of town - I plan to use that time to get all the packing done! I did order Zach and Gary each a new pair of shoes today - they were needing them! And I've started a list.

So we bought our Edinburgh Castle tickets yesterday and now I find out that the day we'll be there is the Queen's birthday so the cannon salute will be at noon instead of at 1 PM and I bet that also means it will be super crazy busy down at the castle that day. I'm glad we went ahead and pre-purchased the tickets so we don't have to wait in line. We did the print-at-home option, too, so we don't have to find a will-call window.

Gretel - I think I missed getting you added to the Who's Sailing list - PM me your info (or post here) - just your traveling party - and I'll add you to the list.

So we bought our Edinburgh Castle tickets yesterday and now I find out that the day we'll be there is the Queen's birthday so the cannon salute will be at noon instead of at 1 PM and I bet that also means it will be super crazy busy down at the castle that day. I'm glad we went ahead and pre-purchased the tickets so we don't have to wait in line. We did the print-at-home option, too, so we don't have to find a will-call window.

Not necessarily. The majority of the celebrations are happening in London.

Guys, I (Karen) am not cruising with you but my DH (John) and I are coming to watch you sail in and out at Greenock.

I have told all my Disney friends and they are all coming with us. We live just outside Glasgow so I couldn't possibly miss a Disney ship when she's so close to our home. We are DCL Platinum and we've been on them all multiple times, the Magic was our first.

I will be the 'nutter' with the Mickey hands, crying when she blows her horns. So wave to me, welcome to bonnie Scotland when it comes and have a great cruise xx

Do you have advice on what to do in port on our own? I will wave to you!

We are looking at biting the bullet and going to Disneyland Paris. Any families of adults or older children want to join us and do the "Disneyland Paris Private VIP Tour"? We have 4 of us, I'd love to have the maximum of 10 for this, but our family is definitely into the thrills of Disney, so want like-minded families to join us. Feel free to post or PM me!

We are looking at biting the bullet and going to Disneyland Paris. Any families of adults or older children want to join us and do the "Disneyland Paris Private VIP Tour"? We have 4 of us, I'd love to have the maximum of 10 for this, but our family is definitely into the thrills of Disney, so want like-minded families to join us. Feel free to post or PM me!

Yikes, just looking at that, its an awful lot of travel. I know it says 3.5 hours but I would take that as an approximate. The French motorways can be very congested, especially in the Paris area. For example on my last trip to Disneyland Paris, we were held up on the motorway due to an accident, which added an extra 30 minutes to the journey time to the airport.

Before booking this I would want to know what time the bus is picking up Le Havre and what time the bus is picking up in Disney to figure just how much park time you have. Then you need to factor in that Disneyland Paris is in the middle of a major refurb and on that day the following are closed
http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Disney Rail Road
Big Thunder Mountain and River Boats
Star Tours
RocknRoller Coaster

As the main park is open until 11pm, more than likely you will miss the main night time fireworks and projection show on the Castle called Dreams. This happens at park closing time.

The tour itinerary says you get Fastpass access, but 3 of the main Fastpass rides are closed, so this leaves you with Space Mountain, Buzz LightYear and Indiana Jones (which is NOT the same as WDW/ California, its just a regular but themed rollercoaster.

Sorry dont mean be a debbie downer, but having been recently to Disneyland Paris (February 2016) I just dont want you to waste money and have a negative experience of Disneyland Paris.

Thank you so much for the advice!
I will think hard now about going...

Yikes, just looking at that, its an awful lot of travel. I know it says 3.5 hours but I would take that as an approximate. The French motorways can be very congested, especially in the Paris area. For example on my last trip to Disneyland Paris, we were held up on the motorway due to an accident, which added an extra 30 minutes to the journey time to the airport.

Before booking this I would want to know what time the bus is picking up Le Havre and what time the bus is picking up in Disney to figure just how much park time you have. Then you need to factor in that Disneyland Paris is in the middle of a major refurb and on that day the following are closed
http://holidays.disneylandparis.co.uk/eep.html
Peter Pan
Dumbo
Disney Rail Road
Big Thunder Mountain and River Boats
Star Tours
RocknRoller Coaster

As the main park is open until 11pm, more than likely you will miss the main night time fireworks and projection show on the Castle called Dreams. This happens at park closing time.

The tour itinerary says you get Fastpass access, but 3 of the main Fastpass rides are closed, so this leaves you with Space Mountain, Buzz LightYear and Indiana Jones (which is NOT the same as WDW/ California, its just a regular but themed rollercoaster.

Sorry dont mean be a debbie downer, but having been recently to Disneyland Paris (February 2016) I just dont want you to waste money and have a negative experience of Disneyland Paris.

Thank you so much for the advice!
I will think hard now about going...

Far better to come back in 2017 or 2018 and just do a Disneyland Paris trip, fly to / from Charles de Gaulle airport and stay onsite for 4 or 5 days. That way all the refurbs will be done and you will get to see the park at its best instead of a rushed 4 or 5 hours with so many closures. Many Disneyland Paris regulars on another forum are not going in 2016 and waiting for 2017 :)

Do you have advice on what to do in port on our own? I will wave to you!
Hi, Greenock is surrounded by beautiful scenery, across the Clyde to the Lochs the mountains and islands, jump in a taxi or walk up the hiss and go up to one of the viewing points. When it's dry the scenery is breathtaking xx

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter