June 2023 W.I.S.H. Thread - New Season, New Start

We are halfway home now. It was hard to leave my friend not knowing when I will see her again.

She had an emergency 2 hours into her drive to our resort, and she had to turn around and go home to deal with it. She came late the following day, so we only had a day and a half. We packed in as much as possible and talked and talked and talked. She thanked my DH and DD for their patience as we tried to fit 40 years of catching up into mere hours.

We plan to make this an annual trip, and I am just so excited to have her in my life again after all these years.

Self-care today will be eating well, moving more and getting my facial. Oh, and some chicken cuddles.

The clouds parted late yesterday and I went down to the beach for an beautiful evening walk, it felt like forever since I've been down there. Happily I got to 10,000 steps for the day and got my calories in/out back on track.

I've started tossing cruise bits-and-bobs into a basket, like passport, luggage tags etc... things I cannot forget. This time next Sunday we'll be getting up at the hotel and be getting ready for breakfast. I thought I had plenty of clothing, then JJill came out with a new summer collection of oranges, corals and pinks and well, I bought four things which should arrive tomorrow. After that I'll start packing in earnest. Fun times!

Finally resting after a busy day! My kids decided that they wanted to choreograph new dance routines with prior year costumes and show their grandparents. So, instead of just going to a voice/guitar/piano recital, I had to then host 7 folks for dinner and act as stage manager/sound engineer/backstage dresser for my girls.

Dinner was just pizza, but we still had to clean up the house and prep the back patio for dinner because my girls were using the dining room as their stage. And, the show itself included 3 dances with different costumes, music cues I needed to do, etc. I love how creative they are, but I didn't plan to spend an hour (!!!!) in impromptu dress rehearsal while they got everything just right.

We are halfway home now. It was hard to leave my friend not knowing when I will see her again.

She had an emergency 2 hours into her drive to our resort, and she had to turn around and go home to deal with it. She came late the following day, so we only had a day and a half. We packed in as much as possible and talked and talked and talked. She thanked my DH and DD for their patience as we tried to fit 40 years of catching up into mere hours.

We plan to make this an annual trip, and I am just so excited to have her in my life again after all these years.
So glad you had a great time!
Self-care today will be eating well, moving more and getting my facial. Oh, and some chicken cuddles.

The clouds parted late yesterday and I went down to the beach for an beautiful evening walk, it felt like forever since I've been down there. Happily I got to 10,000 steps for the day and got my calories in/out back on track.

I've started tossing cruise bits-and-bobs into a basket, like passport, luggage tags etc... things I cannot forget. This time next Sunday we'll be getting up at the hotel and be getting ready for breakfast. I thought I had plenty of clothing, then JJill came out with a new summer collection of oranges, corals and pinks and well, I bought four things which should arrive tomorrow. After that I'll start packing in earnest. Fun times!
So exciting! Getting so close!!
Finally resting after a busy day! My kids decided that they wanted to choreograph new dance routines with prior year costumes and show their grandparents. So, instead of just going to a voice/guitar/piano recital, I had to then host 7 folks for dinner and act as stage manager/sound engineer/backstage dresser for my girls.

Dinner was just pizza, but we still had to clean up the house and prep the back patio for dinner because my girls were using the dining room as their stage. And, the show itself included 3 dances with different costumes, music cues I needed to do, etc. I love how creative they are, but I didn't plan to spend an hour (!!!!) in impromptu dress rehearsal while they got everything just right.
Wow! What a day! Kids come up with the darndest ideas!!

Today at lunch we tried getting the final details ironed out on our extended family cruise. Super excited and hoping everything goes well!

MONDAY MOTIVATION

smell-sea-feel-sky-quote.jpg

What is motivating you to fly this week?

Along with you @Oneanne, I'm nearing my trip. I'd love to lose a couple more pounds before we leave to put myself in a better position when we return. I'm not planning on being super strict with myself on our trip, but I don't want to undo a few month's progress in a week and a half either.

Oldest DD and I have talked about doing some intentional walking on our trip. She walks all of the time where she lives. She's near a very nice large city park and walks multiple miles pretty much every day. She won't be going hard core on the trip, but we hope to at least do some.

Today's motivation is all about distracting myself! As my final infusion approaches, I'm finding myself increasingly anxious about the possibility that my post-treatment scan will show ongoing cancer activity that forces me back into an even more rigorous protocol. The odds are in my favor (about 80%) but no one thinks they're going to be in that other 20%...

When I had the chemo to focus on as the bad guy, it was easier to avoid thinking about the other, scarier what-ifs. It kind of feels like I've been training for months to skydive and Friday I actually jump out of the plane and hope the parachute opens, if that makes sense.

Regardless, I need to get out of my head by whatever healthy means necessary. So far, that's meant a morning run before logging into work. Hopefully I'll be busy enough with work stuff to get my mind elsewhere for a while...

Today's motivation is all about distracting myself! As my final infusion approaches, I'm finding myself increasingly anxious about the possibility that my post-treatment scan will show ongoing cancer activity that forces me back into an even more rigorous protocol. The odds are in my favor (about 80%) but no one thinks they're going to be in that other 20%...

When I had the chemo to focus on as the bad guy, it was easier to avoid thinking about the other, scarier what-ifs. It kind of feels like I've been training for months to skydive and Friday I actually jump out of the plane and hope the parachute opens, if that makes sense.

Regardless, I need to get out of my head by whatever healthy means necessary. So far, that's meant a morning run before logging into work. Hopefully I'll be busy enough with work stuff to get my mind elsewhere for a while...
Hope it all goes well.

Of course the cruise is top of mind, so close now! Monday of next week we'll be getting our sea legs and settling in to shipboard life. Hallelujah!

I've lost the weight I gained while my Sister was here, it was a good practice run at making better choices when there is so much available to chose from. I'm still one pound away from my pre-cruise goal but honestly, I'm happy with where I am so will be fine if I don't lose anything more this week.

Not a lot left to do to get ready but I don't want to have to scramble Saturday, so I'm putting together a list and will get something done each day. Today it is to finish up gardening because I want to get it taken care of before my mani/pedi Wednesday.

You are braver than me!

Somehow I missed this whole second post earlier. - Sorry about that!

I understand how nerve-wracking it must be to shift from "get through this" mode to the unknown again. Hopefully the results will be amazingly good, and this will all be behind you!

TUESDAY TOPIC

Having a tough time coming up with a topic for this week because, lets face it, I've got vacation on my mind... oh hey, let's talk vacations! What is your favorite vacation memory? What is a dream vacation you are yet to take? And what is your best healthy living vacation tip?

Vacation-Thinkstock.jpg

You are doing so great and you are so strong and brave!! 💜

Good Morning and Happy Tuesday!!

My weekend and yesterday have been busy and hectic. My foster puppy ended up being returned due to the resident dogs not accepting her, so getting back into the swing of things with her.

My modivation from yesterday was the scale-I was up 4lbs from eating whatever I wanted Friday and Saturday 😳 back on it Sunday and yesterday and just need to stick with the plan for the week!!

My dream vacation…maybe not a place but rather anywhere with all my kids. With 2 out of the 3 being adults it’s hard to get away all together and we have not done it in probably 4 years so my dream is to go anywhere all together. We are supposed to be doing it in January as their Christmas gift but it’s hard to know if that will really happen until it’s time to leave!

My dream vacation…maybe not a place but rather anywhere with all my kids. With 2 out of the 3 being adults it’s hard to get away all together and we have not done it in probably 4 years so my dream is to go anywhere all together. We are supposed to be doing it in January as their Christmas gift but it’s hard to know if that will really happen until it’s time to leave!

I'm mostly the same - my kids are now 26, 25 and 21 (in a month). Last summer and this summer they are all going with us. I know they love it too, but just gets harder to work it all out!

My best vacation memory is the first cruise we took our kids on. They were 8, 12 & 13. The whole trip was just so much fun. They were all awe struck by the ship - my youngest just couldn't believe he could have ice cream any time he wanted it :rotfl:

My dream vacation is to take a Holy Land trip to Israel. When my boss retired, he and his wife did it with their church. They spent 2 weeks traveling through Israel starting at Nazareth and ending in Jerusalem. I believe their church has a group go every other year, so I'm hoping that DH and I can go with their group when we retire.

My best healthy vacation tip is to make sure to get some extra walking / exercise while you're on vacation. Our package with our cruise this summer includes 2 fitness classes we can choose sometime during the week. I think my 2 DDs and I are going to pick a couple to try. Typically I would never do a fitness class on vacation, but I think it will be fun to try them out!

Best vacation memory... when my Niece was 11 she flew from Seattle to Washington DC, where I was living at the time, and we drove down to Disney World. Lots of special little memories: her picking up the pay phone at the rest stop in North Carolina and marveling at the accent of the phone operator: chasing squirrels thru a park in Savanna under trees dripping with Spanish moss: her getting mad at me that I made her wear a top with long sleeves the first day because she wanted to get a tan, then at dinner there was a little girl sunburned top-to-bottom and she got it: her falling asleep any time we were in an attraction that involved sitting, air conditioning and darkness... she totally missed American Adventure.

Dream vacation... there's an artist in Portland who does art retreat trips to Marrakesh in the spring and the fall and they look so fabulous. She just posted the trips for next year, I didn't sign up because I'm thinking of going to WDW in the spring but I keep thinking about it... go to fake Morocco or real Morocco? They sell out quickly because she only does small groups, so I need to get serious if I want to do it next year.

Best vacation healthy living tip... when at WDW drink at least 8 ounces of water before you leave the resort room in the morning.

edited to add: ugh... I started to think "what if I went to WDW this fall and Morocco in the spring" and priced out a trip to WDW... if I go in Sept I can get the current summer discount, use free mileage and would have enough rewards points to cover most of my food, so using Disney math, practically free. What to do, what to do...)

edited again: omg... I just booked myself to go to WDW in early September. At the very least it will give me a post-cruise target to use for continued weight loss. The Morocco part will need to wait until we see if we get bonuses, with fingers crossed there is still availability.

Last edited:
What is your favorite vacation memory?
That's a tough one! It's kind of whichever trip I'm currently thinking about. :rotfl:

What is a dream vacation you are yet to take?
California - start at Disneyland, drive up the coast (visiting friends and relatives in various places) and end up in one of the National or State Parks to see the Redwoods and Giant Sequoias.

Europe as a family trip - Italy and England if I have to narrow it down. We've each been to different places with school or work trips, but I'd like to go together and see more.

Hawaii - preferably Aulani or an organized tour, because I really know nothing about where to start in planning this one.

And what is your best healthy living vacation tip?

Don't skimp too much on sleep!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter